Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Daily Mail
Bryan Rimmer
August 1 2010

. . . As we waited for Roy's father Wilfred - the President's half-brother - and his wife to prepare us lunch, granny Penina peeled vegetables and beamed her toothy approval. The floors were dirt, cows and chickens roamed freely and grandchildren played hoopla with an old tyre. This was a world away from the White House . . .

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Daily Mail
Bryan Rimmer
August 1 2010

. . . As we waited for Roy's father Wilfred - the President's half-brother - and his wife to prepare us lunch, granny Penina peeled vegetables and beamed her toothy approval. The floors were dirt, cows and chickens roamed freely and grandchildren played hoopla with an old tyre. This was a world away from the White House . . .
That was the most pointless, rambling article I've ever read.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That was the most pointless, rambling article I've ever read.

Don't find it interesting the half- brother of the United States of America has dirt floors in his house with chickens running around as kids use old tires as toys?

I do. Not sure, but its possible another US President had a brother or other relative in similar circumstances.

In the 19th century.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

Don't find it interesting the half- brother of the United States of America has dirt floors in his house with chickens running around as kids use old tires as toys?

Living in a third-world country has that effect.

I do. Not sure, but its possible another US President had a brother or other relative in similar circumstances.

In the 19th century.

Feel bad for the Royal Family?

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
yet you read it?
Well, how would I know if it was pointless and rambling if I didn't read it?

In the 19th century.
Quite interesting. Yes.

Am I concerned about it? Not particularly. Are you?

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

In the 19th century.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Obama brought his family over to the US or did something to directly improve their lives, you'd be on here posting threads about how he was abusing the power of his position to hand out favors to family members.

No pleasing people like you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yet you follow Voegelin like a deer after water in a desert, don't you? ;)

Somebody has to tell him his agenda is getting boring by now. He didn't seem to get it the first couple of times

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is shameful!

Obama should use the resources at his command to "improve" his family's life. Who's with me? Voegelin?

---

As an aside, any real red-blooded American President would leverage his political power to benefit his friends, right? Someone should bring this tidbit to bear in the birther threads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Oh, but there will be someone else for him to obsess over.

Will there? Or will we still be getting "Obama goes to shop, buys milk" threads when President Schwarznegger is in the White House?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will there? Or will we still be getting "Obama goes to shop, buys milk" threads when President Schwarznegger is in the White House?

This reminds me of the ordeal when Obama was criticized for buying a swing set for his kids outside the oval office. It wasn't, "Oh, what a nice family man." It was, "Obama is wasting tax-payer dollars on a swing set while Americans lose their jobs!" Talk about dancing around the issues with irrelevant miscellany.

Upvote 0