New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not yet. Looking over a list of Nobel Peace Prize winners (List of Nobel Peace Prize laureates - Wikipedia), I see that there actually aren't many clergy on the list at all. For bishops, I see Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Bishop Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo. For other clergy, I see Pentecostal pastor Denis Mukwege and the 14th Dalai Lama. Mother Teresa was a nun, not a priest, but we could include her too.

However, I'll add this note: The Quakers won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1947. The Quakers do not distinguish between clergy and laity, believing that the Light of God is in every person. So in some sense, the collective Quakers, male and female alike, who won the Prize in 1947 might fit your specifications.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not yet. Looking over a list of Nobel Peace Prize winners (List of Nobel Peace Prize laureates - Wikipedia), I see that there actually aren't many clergy on the list at all. For bishops, I see Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Bishop Carlos Filipe Ximenes Belo. For other clergy, I see Pentecostal pastor Denis Mukwege and the 14th Dalai Lama. Mother Teresa was a nun, not a priest, but we could include her too.

However, I'll add this note: The Quakers won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1947. The Quakers do not distinguish between clergy and laity, believing that the Light of God is in every person. So in some sense, the collective Quakers, male and female alike, who won the Prize in 1947 might fit your specifications.
The countries that give out the Nobel Prizes are Lutheran.

They must support making women priests and bishops.

I am confused.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The countries that give out the Nobel Prizes are Lutheran.

They must support making women priests and bishops.

I am confused.

I think I'm confused, too. What connection do you want to make between Nobel Prize recipients and the ordination of women?

Nobel Peace Prizes sometimes go to bishops or to heads of state, but many times the Prize goes to people who don't have an official title like that: journalists, human rights activists, organizations like the Red Cross or the Friends, and so on. Lay people can do great good in the world, and the Nobel committee is looking to reward people who have done great good, whether they have a formal office or not.

As to the ordination of women: Yes, the Church of Norway ordains women. My church ordains women. I think that the Catholic and Orthodox churches should ordain women, too, but that's not my decision to make. (I actually suspect they'll come around in a century or two. ;) )

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think I'm confused, too. What connection do you want to make between Nobel Prize recipients and the ordination of women?

Nobel Peace Prizes sometimes go to bishops or to heads of state, but many times the Prize goes to people who don't have an official title like that: journalists, human rights activists, organizations like the Red Cross or the Friends, and so on. Lay people can do great good in the world, and the Nobel committee is looking to reward people who have done great good, whether they have a formal office or not.

As to the ordination of women: Yes, the Church of Norway ordains women. My church ordains women. I think that the Catholic and Orthodox churches should ordain women, too, but that's not my decision to make. (I actually suspect they'll come around in a century or two. ;) )
Communication stops wars.

Women can learn new languages many times faster.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's true that, on average, women demonstrate slightly more linguistic ability than men. I don't see that as an argument for women's ordination, personally.
If the Catholic Church made women priests,
they could get married to Eastern Orthodox priests.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If the Catholic Church made women priests,
they could get married to Eastern Orthodox priests.

But only before the Orthodox priest was ordained. They aren't allowed to marry after ordination.

They'd be heading off to two different churches on Sunday mornings, of course. And observing slightly different liturgical calendars at home, in their feasts and fasting.

Upvote 0