Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I fell that the KJV does a better job in keeping the meaning from the original Greek ( and other languages). Please understand me. I'm not trying to put down the Bible of your choice. like I said before you are not going to Hell for reading another version of the Bible
If the KJV 'does a better job of keeping the meaning from the original Greek', then which is the better translation of ...

James 1:21 in the KJV reads, 'Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls'.

James 1:21 in the NIV reads, 'Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

So which is the better translation of the Greek construction, 'superfluity of naughtiness' or 'the evil that is so prevalent'?

Oz

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, get over it. "Begotten means "only born". or "one and only". "Godhead" is not a critical word. There are enough other scriptures to give us the idea. I once knew a pastor who condemned the Living Bible paraphrase because it changed the word "blood" to "sacrifice". How ridiculous.

I agree.

Upvote 0