Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What I mean by this is that God doesn’t have parts. He’s singular. He’s simple. All of His attributes are equal, no one greater than the other.
Please provide scripture that says this.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What I mean by this is that God doesn’t have parts. He’s singular. He’s simple. All of His attributes are equal, no one greater than the other.
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
— Exodus 3:14
?!?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
?!?
You can find it in the same section that talks about the Trinity.
Scripture, not Commentary

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah. Find that discussed in the same text that discusses the Triune nature of God.
Shall I build it for you here from each passage of scripture? That is my favorite thing to do. It is so much more robust than man's petty musings, extra biblically speaking.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Shall I build it for you here from each passage of scripture? That is my favorite thing to do. It is so much more robust than man's petty musings, extra biblically speaking.
I can’t be sure you are using those passages correctly.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
?!?
You can find it in the same section that talks about the Trinity.
Yeah. Find that discussed in the same text that discusses the Triune nature of God.

To not derail this thread and keep on your topic... I will maintain this simple question. You made a bold statement about God and Who He is. I asked for your to simply piece your exact statement together, using ONLY scripture.

Is this an unreasonable request?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

?!?

To not derail this thread and keep on your topic... I will maintain this simple question. You made a bold statement about God and Who He is. I asked for your to simply piece your exact statement together, using ONLY scripture.

Is this an unreasonable request?
What will accept as evidence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

2.1 discusses the simplicity of God.

What will accept as evidence?

No. You are Teaching Men about God and His VERY Character. A teacher that is valid must be able to build their doctrine from scripture, by themselves, especially on a matter as important as the Trinity and the Nature of God.

No easy outs. If you desire to Reproof people on the nature of God, it is a biblically fair request that you can build your own doctrine about the TriUne nature of God and His Character, from scripture...... Alone. TRUE Sola, No Reference to Commentary is allowed. Biblical Canon only, as the Reformation had indicted the HRCC of using Commentary.

The easiest way to start is to proof the Three aspect via the Old Testament. This is easily done with Christophanies, The Sodom and Gomorrah incident, Moses and God, Isaiah (For the Holy Spirit). Deuteronomy 6, at the Jewish Shema is perfect to reaffirm the Une.

This lays the foundation for the New Testament Revelations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No. You are Teaching Men about God and His VERY Character. A teacher that is valid must be able to build their doctrine from scripture, by themselves, especially on a matter as important as the Trinity and the Nature of God.

No easy outs. If you desire to Reproof people on the nature of God, it is a biblically fair request that you can build your own doctrine about the TriUne nature of God and His Character, from scripture...... Alone. TRUE Sola No Reference to Commentary is allowed. Biblical Canon only, as the Reformation had indicted the HRCC of using Commentary.

The easiest way to start is to proof the Three aspect via the Old Testament. This is easily done with Christophanies, The Sodom and Gomorrah incident, Moses and God, Isaiah (For the Holy Spirit). Deuteronomy 6, at the Jewish Shema is perfect to reaffirm the Une.

This lays the foundation for the New Testament Revelations.
I’m still needing an answer.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A teacher that is valid must be able to build their doctrine from scripture, by themselves, especially on a matter as important as the Trinity and the Nature of God.
By your own standard, you should be able to demonstrate this from scripture.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I’m still needing an answer.
You made this statement:
I asked if you could build this doctrine on your own, from scripture, without assistance, in the shorthand of "Scripture that says this".

I mean NO Commentary. Cannon only.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
By your own standard, you should be able to demonstrate this from scripture.
Are you asking me to do this on this very thread to show that I'm not bluffing? Once you forgo this challenge and lay it in my lap, I assure you that it will be taken, but it must be known that you are implying that apart from Commentary, you cannot do this, which then logically means that you are not using Biblical Cannon (only), to make your assertions about God's Character.

I will add this final statement. I have discussed this in front of "Arian" theologians, and followed through from Genesis to Revelation.

Sir, do you have the material to use Canon only, without Commentary ... zero Human exegesis, except for headings of collected verses that logically proof God's TriUne nature, NOT drawn from commentary, but from heart and scripture searching, cross reference etc. and then His Character to follow this through?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You made this statement:

I asked if you could build this doctrine on your own, from scripture, without assistance, in the shorthand of "Scripture that says this".

I mean NO Commentary. Cannon only.
You give commentary. Why can’t I?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you asking me to do this on this very thread to show that I'm not bluffing? Once you forgo this challenge and lay it in my lap, I assure you that it will be taken, but it must be known that you are implying that apart from Commentary, you cannot do this, which then logically means that you are not using Biblical Cannon (only), to make your assertions about God's Character.
You made a statement about teaching. You should be able to back this up from scripture without commentary.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You give commentary. Why can’t I?
I discovered that you don't listen to scripture only. You respect excerpts from Commentary. I was employing Paul's technique of becoming all things to all men.

However, on the matter of the Trinity and God's Character, if you are to vindicate your ability to reproof others in reference to God's character, you must be able to Sola Canon, NO Commentary... as well as towards myself, which I abide by.... do this.

Can you do this?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You made a statement about teaching. You should be able to back this up from scripture without commentary.
I can. Do you acknowledge that you cannot? I will do so, here and immediately after you either admit you can't, or do it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I discovered that you don't listen to scripture only. You respect excerpts from Commentary. I was employing Paul's technique of becoming all things to all men.

However, on the matter of the Trinity and God's Character, if you are to vindicate your ability to reproof others in reference to God's character, you must be able to Sola Canon, NO Commentary... as well as towards myself, which I abide by.... do this.

Can you do this?
Where do you find that standard in scripture?

Upvote 0