Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2012
✟886.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
the Ten Commandments are the main Holy principles of the faith, they are very important because if the believer does not keep them then its faith would be a sin, that is why they are in effect for all the time until the end, because they are universal, so the same principles exist even in the books of the New Testament although in (an)other form(s), here are some examples therefor:

the first two:

Mark 12:29-30 "The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel(i.e. o believers); The Lord our God is one Lord(i.e. there is one true Lord God): And thou shalt love the Lord thy God(i.e. and you must entirely believe (in) Him as (in) a God/Lord) with all thy heart(i.e. with all your faith), and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength(i.e. and to let Him be all your strength): this is the first commandment.",

1 Corinthians 8:1-8 "Now as touching things(i.e. as regards the religious/spiritual things) offered unto(i.e. which are (a) service/ministry to/of) idols(i.e. spiritual/religious iniquities), we know that(i.e. usually the human tendency in this regard so far was that maybe) we all(i.e. all clerics/believers) have knowledge(i.e. spiritual knowledge and abilities). Knowledge puffeth up(viz. in the faith), but charity(i.e. but Love/Good(-ness)) edifieth(also: humbles). And if(i.e. and if in this regard) any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. But if any man love God(i.e. the true Lord God), the same is known of him. As concerning therefore the eating(i.e. the following/practising) of those things(i.e. of those spiritual/religious things) that are offered in sacrifice unto idols(or: which are unrighteous), we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords(i.e. and christs) many,) But to us(i.e. but the setup is such that to all humans of whole this universe) there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. Howbeit there is not in every man(i.e. howbeit there is not in every cleric/believer/worshipper) that knowledge(i.e. that conscience/understanding): for some(i.e. for some of them by reason of this) with conscience of the idol(also: by notion of spiritual iniquity) unto this hour eat it(i.e. unto this moment follow/practise the faith) as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak(i.e. thus becoming weak) is defiled. But meat(i.e. but the occultism/idolatry/knowledgeable faith) commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat(i.e. if we follow/practise it), are we the better; neither, if we eat not(i.e. if we do not follow/practise it), are we the worse.",

the third:

1 Corinthians 10:24-33 "Let no man(i.e. let no believer) seek his own, but every man another's wealth..... Give none offence, neither to the Jews(i.e. neither to the clerics/believers), nor to the Gentiles(i.e. nor to the infidel/non-occult people), nor to the church of God: Even as I please all men in all things(i.e. in all good things), not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many(i.e. but the profit of all others), that they may be saved."

the fourth:

1 Timothy 2:1-10 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks(i.e. blessings), be made for all men(i.e. for all humans); For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty(i.e. in all goodness and earnestness). For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men(i.e. all humans/souls) to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth(i.e. and to become good/righteous). For there is one God, and one mediator(also: and one Lord) between God and men, the man(i.e. the ensouled being) Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. I will therefore that men(i.e. that the male believers) pray every where, lifting up holy hands(i.e. entirely showing/manifesting love/goodness), without wrath(i.e. without hostility/aggression) and doubting(i.e. and dramatization/stir/intrigues/strife). In like manner also, that women(i.e. that female believers) adorn themselves in modest apparel(i.e. in humility), with shamefacedness(i.e. with meekness) and sobriety(i.e. and sedation/sanity); not with broided hair(i.e. not with pride), or gold(i.e. or vainglory), or pearls(i.e. or wisdom), or costly array(i.e. or elevation); But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.",

1 Timothy 4:1-11 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith(i.e. some may deviate from the right faith toward wrong), giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines(i.e. creeds) of devils; Speaking(i.e. preaching/testifying/prophesying) lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron(i.e. with strong satanic spirituality); Forbidding to marry(i.e. disconcerting and forbidding the sex life), and commanding to abstain from meats(i.e. from natural consumptions), which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving(i.e. which the true God has made/given to be used for good purposes) of them which believe and know the truth(i.e. of those who believe right(-ly) as well as of those who do not do spiritual/religious iniquity). For every creature(i.e. for each creation) of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving(i.e. if it is used for good purposes): For it is sanctified by the word of God(i.e. of the God's work) and prayer(i.e. and by the prayers of (the) true Saints). If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith(i.e. of right faith) and of good doctrine(i.e. and of the good creed), whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables(i.e. but avoid the traditions of defiling and misleading creeds), and exercise thyself rather unto godliness(or: unto love/goodness). For bodily(or: for overweening/self-interested) exercise profiteth little: but godliness(or: love/goodness) is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe(i.e. that do not commit spiritual/religious iniquity). These things command and teach."

the fifth:

Mark 7:9-12 "ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother(i.e. Honour the people on whom your life depends, especially the true Saints); and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death(note: this ordinance was given afterwards under the power and influence of satan when it had an inner/domestic power in the time before the New Testament): But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;",

and the remaining five:

Romans 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery(i.e. do not inflict hurt/harm on any human by rendering/giving), Thou shalt not kill(i.e. do not inflict hurt/harm on any human by direct impact), Thou shalt not steal(i.e. do not inflict hurt/harm on any human by deprivation/taking), Thou shalt not bear false witness(i.e. do not inflict hurt/harm on any human by testification), Thou shalt not covet(i.e. do not inflict hurt/harm on any human by desire/wish); and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

Blessings

Thanks, Bro, for you very well documented post! I noted, that you put to silence the detractors of the Law of God, since they were left speechless!

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You know what the the Sabbath Commandment says:

Exodus 20:8-11

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

When you knowingly disobey one or more of the 10 Commandments, that is a flagrant sin in the sight of God.

Christians are under grace.

The law has lost its power to condemn.
When you knowingly break any one of the Laws of the 10 Commandments then you not under grace, but you are under the law. You can't continue in sin and claim to be a born again Christians.

1 John 3:9

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Romans 6:1-2

1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

Cheers ;)

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You are promoting "cheap grace", whereby its adherents say they are followers of Jesus but "continue in sin" as Paul said. That is a false Gospel. I call it Satan's Gospel.

:):) Genuine followers of Christ are not under the power of sin, yet are all sinners. Hope this helps? :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2012
✟886.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It sure helps this sinner.:thumbsup:

When a sinner first repents of their sin, it doesn't mean He become automatically angelic in nature, and stays in that condition for ever. A process of sanctification begins. All that I'm saying is that, a truly converted sinner will desire to keep God's 10 Commandments, because they are Laws of Love. There is not evil or bad about them. Obeying them can only bring happiness and freedom from sin. Of course we can't perfectly obey them on our own strength, that is why the Holy Spirit was given to us to empower us, in our fallen condition to have the needed power to not continually fall back into sin.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If one's works were the linchpin in one's salvation then grace is not grace any more is it?

So also at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if by grace, it is no longer because of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. -- Romans 11:5-6

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When a sinner first repents of their sin, it doesn't mean He become automatically angelic in nature, and stays in that condition for ever. A process of sanctification begins. All that I'm saying is that, a truly converted sinner will desire to keep God's 10 Commandments, because they are Laws of Love. There is not evil or bad about them. Obeying them can only bring happiness and freedom from sin. Of course we can't perfectly obey them on our own strength, that is why the Holy Spirit was given to us to empower us, in our fallen condition to have the needed power to not continually fall back into sin.
I understand a process of salvation beginning, but I'm a bit fuzzy on your process of Sanctification. The desire instilled in me is to love. If that desire happens to lead to me keeping the ten commandments then great. But it's not my focus to keep Ten rules. It's my focus to keep one way of life upon which those Ten were hung.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,425.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I understand a process of salvation beginning, but I'm a bit fuzzy on your process of Sanctification. The desire instilled in me is to love. If that desire happens to lead to me keeping the ten commandments then great. But it's not my focus to keep Ten rules. It's my focus to keep one way of life upon which those Ten were hung.

Good morning Randy:wave:,

Precisely; since we can not fully keep the law, Christ did that for us; because we have faith in Christ we are motivated by the Holy Spirit, through faith. Keeping the law is a direct result of faith.

The law has not been done away with; were that the case, there would be no need for the Gospel either; the law can only convict us, therefore faith in the law can be a stumbling block for us just as it was for the Pharisees; faith in the Gospel saves us, not the law.:preach:

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good morning Randy:wave:,

Precisely; since we can not fully keep the law, Christ did that for us; because we have faith in Christ we are motivated by the Holy Spirit, through faith. Keeping the law is a direct result of faith.

The law has not been done away with; were that the case, there would be no need for the Gospel either; the law can only convict us, therefore faith in the law can be a stumbling block for us just as it was for the Pharisees; faith in the Gospel saves us, not the law.:preach:

Like I often say, you gotta love those Lutherans.:thumbsup:
Good morning brother.:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Like I often say, you gotta love those Lutherans.:thumbsup:
Good morning brother.:wave:

:):) :thumbsup: The ol' old, yet still new, actually turning from the conviction of the 10 Commandments X OT + NT laws to the Gospel works for me, ie, not just turning to the Gospel. :D

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2012
✟886.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
:):) :thumbsup: The ol' old, yet still new, actually turning from the conviction of the 10 Commandments X OT + NT laws to the Gospel works for me, ie, not just turning to the Gospel. :D

Most Lutherans these day have bought into postmodern reinterpretations of the Scriptures, which for intensive purposes make the Scriptures of non-effect.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Most Lutherans these day have bought into postmodern reinterpretations of the Scriptures, which for intensive purposes make the Scriptures of non-effect.
Gee, how nice of you to give his communion such a compliment. :doh:

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,425.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Well stated; not only does the law convict, but it is like a series of traffic signs that shows us how we are to live, and what we are to do and not to do; it guides us.

I think that is a fair statement considering that the majority of Lutherans are liberal/non confessional.

Gee, how nice of you to give his communion such a compliment. :doh:

No worries Randy, I'm used to being confused with those liberal, nominal Lutherans; even if it was aimed at us Confessional Lutherans, I can take it.;):)

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because Yeshua was of the tribe of Judah He cannot function as our High Priest under the Mosaic Law.
It was therefore necessary that the entire Mosaic Law (of 613 not just 10) be rendered inoperative as the rule of life for the believer today.
According to the scriptures salvation was always by grace apart from the law but the law was to be followed as the rule of life for the regenerated person.
We as Christians are not under Mosaic Law but under the Law of Christ which is not just loving the neighbor as ones self but includes all of the instructions given by the New Testament. By the way 9 of the 10 Commandments have been re added under NT Law.
The Bible teaches us that one of the many purposes of the Law of Moses was to cause men to sin more. This facet of the Law was meant to lead man to seeing his own depravity. The NT Law does not do this and we have a much better position before God than David did. We have the permanent in dwelling of the Holy Spirit and have been given spiritual gifts for the purpose of building upon the foundation of Messiah. To follow Mosaic Law is useful only as an optional observance and keep in mind that observance of the sacrificial portions is forbidden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well stated; not only does the law convict, but it is like a series of traffic signs that shows us how we are to live, and what we are to do and not to do; it guides us.

I think that is a fair statement considering that the majority of Lutherans are liberal/non confessional.

No worries Randy, I'm used to being confused with those liberal, nominal Lutherans; even if it was aimed at us Confessional Lutherans, I can take it.;):)

:):) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Not worried. And didn't think you were either. Just complimenting him on his "compliment' that in no way could have went unsaid.:doh: Manners are a thing of the past.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Because Yeshua was of the tribe of Judah He cannot function as our High Priest under the Mosaic Law.
It was therefore necessary that the entire Mosaic Law (of 613 not just 10) be rendered inoperative as the rule of life for the believer today.
According to the scriptures salvation was always by grace apart from the law but the law was to be followed as the rule of life for the regenerated person.
We as Christians are not under Mosaic Law but under the Law of Christ which is not just loving the neighbor as ones self but includes all of the instructions given by the New Testament. By the way 9 of the 10 Commandments have been re added under NT Law.
The Bible teaches us that one of the many purposes of the Law of Moses was to cause men to sin more. This facet of the Law was meant to lead man to seeing his own depravity. The NT Law does not do this and we have a much better position before God than David did. We have the permanent in dwelling of the Holy Spirit and have been given spiritual gifts for the purpose of building upon the foundation of Messiah. To follow Mosaic Law is useful only as an optional observance and keep in mind that observance of the sacrificial portions is forbidden.
Now that's an interesting take on it. Which 9 ....no, which one was not re added. And why? Not debating just asking.

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rev Randy said:
Now that's an interesting take on it. Which 9 ....no, which one was not re added. And why? Not debating just asking.

Sorry, I'm not a scholar I'm just a student so I would have to look up all of the NT passages that can and should be taken as commandments and are not optional. The sabbath is not a NT requirement. I've learned this thru the ministry of Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum.

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rev Randy said:

As to why the Sabbath is not included.
The Sabbath is the token of the Mosaic Covenant. Some the 8 Covenants of the Scriptures had a token.

Edenic -

Adamic -

Noahic - rainbow

Abrahamic - circumcision

Land -

Mosaic - sabbath day

The Token of the Covenant Seventh: the token or sign of the Mosaic Covenant was the Sabbath. Concerning the Sabbath, five specific observations can be made. First: being the token of the Mosaic Covenant, it was a sign between God and Israel; it was a sign that Israel had been set apart by God (Ex. 31:12-17); it was a sign of the Exodus (Deut. 5:12-15; Ezek. 20:10-12); and it was a sign that Jehovah was Israel's God (Ezek. 20:20). Every reason given for the observance of the Sabbath has relevance only to Israel, not to the Gentiles or the Church.

Above quoted from Arnold Fruchtenbaum

Davidic -

New -

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.