Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This happened years ago but for some reason I thought of it today.

One day I say my neighbors across the alley planting a tree in their backyard. It was about 4 or 5 feet tall. Some months passed, and one day I noticed it was full of lemons, it was a lemon tree. Some more time passed and one day I saw the couple picking all the lemons, probably about 20, give or take. Then the weird part: a couple of days after they'd harvested the fruit, the tree was completely gone. Judging from the circle of dirt where the tree had been, it looked as if they dug it up for re-transplanting, and not like they'd just chopped it down.

My first thought was, did they rent it? Is there such thing as a rent-a-tree service? lol Did they borrow it from a family member or friend, but if so, why not just harvest the fruit from where the tree was originally growing?

There must be something about gardening that I don't understand. Anyone know what might have been going on with this strangeness?

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,142.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maybe they discovered the tree wouldn't survive the winter (don't know how cold it gets where you are!) so they dug it up, potted it and took it inside!
Well that's a very good guess! I hadn't thought of that, but it doesn't really get that cold here in the middle of Texas.

Upvote 0