The Moon is Made of Cheese

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
RightWingGirl said:
If we want to go there Creation Myths, all around the world are just that, myths about a god, or gods, creating. Soooooo.......if you thought Buddah created (for the sake of argument) it would have no bearings on if it was created or evolved! WHO created doesn't nessisarily matter. IF it was created is the question, right?
And the christian creation myth is just another one - one that you believe in. Apart from that fact, it's no different to all the other myths.

RightWingGirl said:
By the by, you still have no missing link. you have 1---------9999, but you need the middle, guys.
"We" have plenty of links.

RightWingGirl said:
But again, couldn't little kidies have enough brains to recognise a myth? Or do you think it's a bit to dangerous?:confused:
No, it's just a waste of time. Science classes are for teaching science, not myths. If your'e going to spend science class time teaching myths, when will you get around to teaching science?

Upvote 0

RightWingGirl

May 12, 2004
America
✟8,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
THe Bear,

Hey! What d'know I hadn't heard that. So...what do you think we are decended from?

By the by. Evolution used to say MAn came from Apes, now it's changed. Why? 'cause it is a theory. Maybe a right theory in your opinion, but it changes. it is not established fact.
Established fact. Ice floats when it freezes. THis dosn't change, 'cause it's a fact. Evolution is an ongoing, study, a theory, it changes.

Upvote 0

Stuco

Jun 12, 2005
✟535.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
TheBear said:
I'll do you one better. How about flat-out lies.

People in these threads are corrected on a regular basis about how evolutionary theory does not have man descending from apes. These same people turn around and start threads, or make posts saying things like, 'Since evolution has man descending from apes....'

Don't believe me? Check the threads for yourself.

Then what do we decend from?

Upvote 0

Electric Sceptic

Dec 4, 2004
✟3,622.00
Faith
Atheist
RightWingGirl said:
By the by. Evolution used to say MAn came from Apes, now it's changed.
Evolution NEVER said man came from apes. Sorry, but in posting that it did you reveal your lack of knowledge of the subject. Evolution has always said that man and the other apes descended from a common ancestor.

RightWingGirl said:
Established fact. Ice floats when it freezes. THis dosn't change, 'cause it's a fact. Evolution is an ongoing, study, a theory, it changes.
Yup. That's called science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
An airplane crashed in a high moutain. There was debris spread for miles. The search and recovery team spent weeks gathering many pieces of the plane, but they recovered no landing gear. Someone said, "How do we know it was an airplane? It could have been something else. Without the landing gear, we're really not sure it was an airplane."

That's what your, "Where's the missing link?" question looks like to scientists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The moon is not cheese. Neither is it a planetoid (or even a double planet as some have pointed out).

It is a big light in the sky.
I have proof-

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Now, one may ask "How do you know the lesser light is the moon?
Psalm 136:9
The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

In genesis, ONE lesser light is mentioned to rule the night, not the stars, so, since I NEVER read into the scriptures, the psalm quoted proves that Genesis is referring to the moon.
And the moon, clearly, is a light
Not a satellite that reflects light (as some scientists say), but rather an actual light in orbit around the earth!

Personally, the "evidence" of the moon landings (and the rocks brought back from the moon) dont phase me at all. I dont pay attention to any evidence that contradicts the plain reading of the scriptures.

/joke

Reactions: Illuminatus
Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
RightWingGirl said:
By the by. Evolution used to say MAn came from Apes, now it's changed.
TheBear said:
Wow! Not even Darwin thought that. Were did you get this?
And then she disappears from the discussion. Why? Because I have called her on another example of a flat-out lie.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Electric Sceptic said:
I doubt that it was a lie; more likely it's an indication of her ignorance of evolutionary theory, typical of a creationist.

No.

The fact that she withdrew herself from the discussion right after I called her on it, tells me she thought she could throw that in and get away with it, but when I called her on it, she immediately left the discussion.

This is the type of dishonesty, from people calling themselves Christians, which motivated me to start this thread.

Upvote 0