Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last July 2004, I posted a repsonse to Visionary's claim that Christ sits on his throne, and this was interpreted as malicious/contentioius/disruptive, and I'm sorry for any offense that I may have caused. I now understand that although MJ's usually believe in a literal earthly reign of Christ as I do, they may have different beliefs of how he reigns now. I will later take the opportunity to reframe my orginal post into an inquiry

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember/heard that Moses' Temple was modeled after the temple found in heaven?

What do you all think? How do you reconcile the 1000 year reign of Christ with a Kingdom that is forever?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
theseed said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember/heard that Moses' Temple was modeled after the temple found in heaven?

What do you all think? How do you reconcile the 1000 year reign of Christ with a Kingdom that is forever?
How long do you think Christ would have to reign before we could live in His Kingdom forever perfectly?

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
visionary said:
How long do you think Christ would have to reign before we could live in His Kingdom forever perfectly?
Well, if we are raptured and ressurected (believers) and then return with Christ, we will already be perfected.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Visionary said:
So you believe that time is needed at the feet of Yeshua to understand perfect in Christ?

I believe that Christ will perfect us, and is perfecting us. It is only a matter of time before he delivers us from this body of death, and put off corruption for incorruption.

1 Corinthians 13
9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 15
42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
MOD HAT ON
Henny.jpg
Please rememeber that non-Messianic members are not permitted to post rebuttal, apologetics, teaching or debate in the MJ forum. Essentially they are only permitted to ask questions about MJism and to post in fellowship threads.
3) Non-Messianic Posts: Non-Messianic members (eg. Protestant, Catholic, Non-Messianic Jewish members) can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Messianic Judaism doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Messianic members. Any debate or apologetic posts, as well as efforts to answer questions about Messianic Judaism by Non-Messianic members will be deleted or moved to the Interdenominational Doctrine Debate forum (or other appropiate forum) and warnings will be issued. In other words, only Messianic members can debate, answer questions about Messianic Judaism or engage in apologetics here.

It is to be assumed that if someone is asking a question in the MJ forum what they are seeking is an answer that states a MJ POV and are NOT trying to engage a conversation or discussion on the topic.

Therefore, MJ members, please construct your responses to their questions such that it does not appear to the non-MJ member that you are seeking to engage in discussion on the topic with them - as this can unwittingly lead them into violating the forum rules.

b'Shalom
Henaynei
Administrator

MOD HAT OFF
Henny.jpg

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
visionary said:
Let me separate the transformation of the mind, from the transformation of the body...for I beleive that God would not transform the body until the mind is fully transformed.
Ok, I understand, and I agree.

Upvote 0

kosmos

Jan 2, 2005
Visit site
✟137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
debi b said:
Let me try to explain it this way. I have come to appreciate that (as they Rabbis assert) Hebrew is The Holy Language. Why? Because it has the ability to express Biblical concepts in a way that NO other language can.
I agree completely upon this notion - that Hebrew may very well be a holy language, or the language of God. However, I do not know about Rabbis asserting this. My viewpoint comes from scripture studying from the Hebrew language.

Upvote 0

Hitch

Sep 13, 2003
PeoplesRepubliKofOregon
✟1,546.00
Faith
Protestant
kosmos said:
I agree completely upon this notion - that Hebrew may very well be a holy language, or the language of God. However, I do not know about Rabbis asserting this. My viewpoint comes from scripture studying from the Hebrew language.
Interesting the Apsotles didnt shy from using Greek translations.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution

MOD HAT ON
Henny.jpg
Thank you one and all - this thread is closed - it seems that it is just too much a magnet to violation of the MJF rules - specifically rule #3. The OP has been answered and the discussion is closed.
MOD HAT OFF
Henny.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
this thread is closed - it seems that it is just too much a magnet to violation of the MJF rules - specifically rule #3. The OP has been answered and the discussion is closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.