Feb 12, 2005
Visit site
✟16,733.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
copticorthodoxy said:
i ask all the christians in the world to look to the christian persecution in the middle east , especially in Egypt , Iraq , palestine and all the middle east where alot of christians are suffering this days
+ Pray for us +
A little bit off-topic, but why are there so many pro-Islam Christians who support the PA and the various regimes in power in the countries that you mentioned?:confused:

Upvote 0

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
indra_fanatic said:
A little bit off-topic, but why are there so many pro-Islam Christians who support the PA and the various regimes in power in the countries that you mentioned?:confused:

What you mean exactly ??

don't you know how the christians are persecuted in the middle east !!!
in Egypt we must have permission from the president to build a new church !
don't you hear about the coptic martyrs who been killed every year !!

Upvote 0

TeresaOfLisieu

Apr 7, 2006
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
Hello everyone!

I am new here also. I come from France but I have lots of Christian friends in the Middle east, mostly Greek Orthodox christians from Jordan and a Koptic friend from Cairo.
My prayers are all with you as I pray everyday for the christians in the Middle East. I truly pray for that one day all three monotheist religions will be able to live in peace side by side.

May God bless you all my brothers and sisters

Upvote 0

Athanasian Creed

Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Solus Christus !!!
Aug 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
✟18,484.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wherever Islam is the state religion, where they set up a 'theocracy' governed by sharia law, Christians are sure to suffer the consequences of being 'infidels' though being 'people of the Book' along with the Jews (and Muslims too, according to their antichrist, bloodthirsty religion) Satan knows Christ is the ONLY way to salvation and that true Biblical Christianity is the Truth. (John 17:17) All those under his power, as "god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4) he incites against Christ and His Church. Thankfully, we have Jesus own promise which shall never be broken, that the gates of Hell shall NEVER prevail against His bride, His body - His universal Church triumphant! :thumbsup:

The blood of the martyrs of the Church waters the soil where the Word has been sowed, unto a vast harvest of souls as jewels in the crown upon the Redeemer's bruised Head - unto Him be endless praise. May He see the travail of His soul and be satisfied - the redemption of those He shed His precious blood for!! :thumbsup:

HALLELUJAH!!! :bow:

Revelation 5:6-10 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

:bow::bow:

Ray :wave:

Upvote 0

TeresaOfLisieu

Apr 7, 2006
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
I think we must be careful when we speak of Islam because the problem with the Coran is that you can find anything and its contrary in it. I know muslims who work with christians to build peace in Palestine and Jordan and these muslims are also victim of Fundamentalist muslims who do not agree with them and only want war. I think some people use religion to assure their power and persecute those who are trouble makers in their eyes. I don't think we can say muslims are blood thursty people because in Amman, I have met many muslims who strive for peace and want to help christians. This, my Jordanien and Egyptien friends could tell you as well.(Koptic and Greek Orthodox)
Christians are often persecuted in contries ruled by dictature, and not only muslim contries. We see that in China. I know a priest who is in China and he has to hide from the government when he celebrates mass there. It is also terrible.
Of course, we Christians recognise our Lord Jesus Christ as "The Life, The Path and THe Truth" but we also mustn't forget that we are all brothers and sisters, and that even if some of us seem not to be on the wrong way for us, we mustn't forget they are humans like us.
And believe me, I know many muslims who convert!:)
I truly pray for peace to come in this area of the world. We need it more than ever and never will I stop praying for it. the Middle East for me is no longer some remote area in the world but it is like home and remains everyday in my heart.
MAy you all be blessed my brothers and sisters! My prayers are wih you.

<>< "teresa"

Upvote 0

lovefeast

Apr 14, 2006
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
copticorthodoxy said:
i ask all the christians in the world to look to the christian persecution in the middle east , especially in Egypt , Iraq , palestine and all the middle east where alot of christians are suffering this days
+ Pray for us +
I will pray for our brothers and sisters in the middle east. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Steeleye

Nov 21, 2004
Surrey
✟8,236.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
strangerintheworld said:
:crosseo: Hi to all my dear sisters and brothers in Christ. I live in Iran. As you may well know this country is in a critical situation and we need your prayers to bless and protect the Christian community living here. Physical as well as spiritual dangers (heresies) threathen to destroy the small flock living in Iran.
Almost all our pastors and Bible teachers have left this country to escape persecution so that now the sheep have been left without the care of good shepherds. There is a ripe and large harvest but very few workers. Please pray for us. May God bless you all and protect you always.

I was interested to read your posts. I don&#8217;t know if you are aware but large numbers of Iranian Muslims who have moved to England are converting to Christianity. I&#8217;m not in a position to put figures on it, but I&#8217;ve read or know of many churches that have such converts. In my own church, we have received 6 new arrivals from an Iranian Muslim background in the last two weeks, who wanted to find out about Christianity after contact with church members. I can&#8217;t say whether they are all converts, but at least some of them testified to an experience of the Holy Spirit when they came to the church. Our pastor is convinced that there is a strong work of the Spirit amongst Iranian Muslims, many of whom are being sent dreams.

I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Steeleye

Nov 21, 2004
Surrey
✟8,236.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
indra_fanatic said:

I think we have to allow for several factors. Christians in the Muslim majority world often do not have the freedom to give their true opinions. I’ve many times been exasperated by journalists reporting on comments made by Christians in the Islamic world, who have accepted everything at face value without any reference to the consequences if those people had expressed an alternative view. However, I have seen some reports, particularly in the case of Palestinian Christians being asked for comments on the Hamas election victory recently, where journalists have drawn a distinction between what they were told for the official record and what people were prepared to say if they thought they were speaking off the record or there was no chance of them being identified.

More broadly, people are unavoidably influenced by the culture in which they’re raised. This may include lack of access to the information and different political points of view that we take for granted in the west. Also, some Christians seem to be drawn into identifying with certain causes of the Muslim world so as to prevent themselves being thought of as ‘western sympathisers’ by default.

Regarding the cultural influences on the Christians of the Muslim majority world, I’d recommend downloading this interview with Brigitte Gabriel, a Christian who was raised in Lebanon:

http://tudorproductions.com/media/Duke_Brigitte_interview.wmv

Other outspoken Christians from a Middle East background who are strongly opposed to the Islamic political agenda include Mark Gabriel (no relation to Brigitte) and Walid Shoebat. Both are converts from Islam. Shoebat was a PLO terrorist, and Gabriel was a professor at the Islamic Al Azhar University in Egypt. Shoebat’s website can be found here:

http://www.shoebat.com/

Amongst Mark Gabriel’s books is ‘Islam and the Jews: The Unfinished Battle’, which can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0884199568/qid=1145982457/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/103-9307462-3978213?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.