The mark, the number, the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateo

Jan 25, 2004
✟15,511.00
Faith
Lest anyone think this thing is just some American/British notion it would appear all of Europe is on the verge of getting in on the act...

European Commission Proposes Inclusion of Biometric Identifiers in EU Citizens' Passports - February 18, 2004
The European Commission adopted today a proposal for a Regulation harmonising security standards, including biometrics, for EU citizens' passports. In accordance with the conclusions of the Thessaloniki European Council, there is a need for a coherent approach on the introduction of biometric identifiers into visas, residence permits and passports. The proposals for visas and residence permits provide for two mandatory biometric identifiers: the facial image and fingerprints. Only the facial image has been chosen as a mandatory biometric identifier for passports. Fingerprints can be added as an option at the discretion of Member States. The proposal will now be considered by the Council and the European Parliament.

The aim of the Commission proposal is to upgrade the security features adopted by the Council in October 2000 in its Resolution on minimum security standards for passports and other travel documents. It will also render these features legally binding. The proposal will therefore set a harmonised high security standard for passports within the European Union of 25 Member States. Just as was the case in the Resolution, the Commission sets out the minimum standards and will not stop Member States that wish to go further.

The Regulation provides only for the legal basis for Member States to store biometric data on the passport. The implementation of such action is left to the Member States in accordance with the technical specifications to be set out by the Committee created by Article 6 of Regulation (EC) 1683/95 on a uniform format for visas. Member States will carry out the processing of the biometric data.

Background

The European Council of Thessaloniki confirmed that "a coherent approach is needed in the EU on biometric identifiers or biometric data for documents for third country nationals, EU citizens passports and information systems (VIS and SIS II)", and invited the Commission "to prepare the appropriate proposals, starting with the visa".

The first step has already been realised by the Commission through two proposals which were presented in September 2003 on the integration of biometric identifiers into visas and residence permits for third country nationals. As requested by the European Council of Brussels in October 2003, a common approach on the latter proposals was reached in the Council on 27 November.

The European Council of Brussels on 12 December 2003 invited "the Commission to submit in due time a proposal for the introduction of biometric identifiers in passports."

Therefore, the second step of the implementation of the Thessaloniki conclusions, the harmonisation of the security features of the European passport including the insertion of biometric identifiers, has now to be presented in order to reach a harmonised approach to avoid a lack of interoperability caused by different solutions in each Member State.

Directive 95/46/EC on data protection applies to the processing of personal data including biometric data by Member States' authorities within the scope of Community law.

In accordance with Article 28 of Directive 95/46/EC, Member States have established supervisory authorities that are responsible for the monitoring of the application within their territory of the provisions adopted by the Member States pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC. These authorities must act in complete independence in exercising the functions entrusted to them.

Upvote 0

Mateo

Jan 25, 2004
✟15,511.00
Faith
I find it reeeeeeealy interesting that some of the same folks bringing us the pretib rapture are adamant that this technology can't be that which is fortold in Revelation...

... I mean, I can understand why... if this is it and it's being put in place now it kinda shoots the pretrib goose right out of the sky and forces some rather hard and unpleasant things to be considered... hard and unpleasant being two words which are currently out of vogue in the contemporary Christian lexicon and theology...

http://www.av1611.org/666/biochip.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/8/prwebxml146963.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cubes

Dec 13, 2004
Boondocks of New York
✟426.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Mateo said:
...of course this will have to be implemented on the local level and so pressure will have to be brought to bear on shop owners... and of course only those "with something to hide" would complain of such an arrangement...

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/3976347.htm?1c

Hi Mateo,

Speaking of the frog in the pot, how about this growing trend of microchipping domestic pets? I recently heard about a similar thing for people...which of course, would contain all the pertinent data for individuals as relates to health care etc...

It is a timely topic.

Upvote 0

Mateo

Jan 25, 2004
✟15,511.00
Faith
Cubes said:
Hi Mateo,

Speaking of the frog in the pot, how about this growing trend of microchipping domestic pets? I recently heard about a similar thing for people...which of course, would contain all the pertinent data for individuals as relates to health care etc...

It is a timely topic.

You know, initially I thought chipping animals was just a trial for human usage but upon further reflection it could well be much more than that. A thing hard to believe but which must be remebered is that the folks who sit astride this planet, monitarily speaking, think they own it all; the land, the animals, the people... all of it. We are so many assets that they trade back and forth daily and as a result must be inventoried in some manner... and this is the manner.

The animals have no free will and are oblivious to all this and hense are innocent in this matter but not so humans. We humans are uniquely answerable in this matter and I suppose this thread is my attempt, however feeble and ineffective, to allert my fellow frogs to the situation we are in, in the hopes that one or two will jump out of the pot at some point.

Time grows short.

Who will have the courage and the foresight not to bend a knee to Baal? If the Bible is to be believed, not the majority...of "christians" or any other catagorical subdivision of humanity... and this should be no suprise. I mean, how many will have what it takes to say, "I don't care if you won't sell me food, or "insurance", or have a bank account, or let me see the doctor, or vote or drive or whatever...I'm not going to be a part of this"?

What are you going to do?... better yet, what are you doing?

Upvote 0

unbound

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2004
✟17,431.00
Faith
Christian
Mateo said:
You know, initially I thought chipping animals was just a trial for human usage but upon further reflection it could well be much more than that. A thing hard to believe but which must be remebered is that the folks who sit astride this planet, monitarily speaking, think they own it all; the land, the animals, the people... all of it. We are so many assets that they trade back and forth daily and as a result must be inventoried in some manner... and this is the manner.

The animals have no free will and are oblivious to all this and hense are innocent in this matter but not so humans. We humans are uniquely answerable in this matter and I suppose this thread is my attempt, however feeble and ineffective, to allert my fellow frogs to the situation we are in, in the hopes that one or two will jump out of the pot at some point.

Time grows short.

Who will have the courage and the foresight not to bend a knee to Baal? If the Bible is to be believed, not the majority...of "christians" or any other catagorical subdivision of humanity... and this should be no suprise. I mean, how many will have what it takes to say, "I don't care if you won't sell me food, or "insurance", or have a bank account, or let me see the doctor, or vote or drive or whatever...I'm not going to be a part of this"?

What are you going to do?... better yet, what are you doing?

The things you are talking about will indeed be a "tribulation" like man has never seen before.

I used to be highly geared toward independence, being self sufficiant. But the more I think about it, when push comes to shove actual ownership of any type of property will no longer exist.

Your right, we are nothing more than slaves building a giant pryramid. We all contibute in some small way, building a giant Babylon for an elite who is milking it for what its worth.

Now the slave owners are wanting to tag all the slaves for more control, lest things get out of hand.

Upvote 0

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
unbound said:
The things you are talking about will indeed be a "tribulation" like man has never seen before.

I used to be highly geared toward independence, being self sufficiant. But the more I think about it, when push comes to shove actual ownership of any type of property will no longer exist.

Your right, we are nothing more than slaves building a giant pryramid. We all contibute in some small way, building a giant Babylon for an elite who is milking it for what its worth.

Now the slave owners are wanting to tag all the slaves for more control, lest things get out of hand.

There is only one great tribulation and it is when you are separated from God and eternal life and are spiritiually dead. When you are reborn spiritually you come out of that great tribulation and you need never fear any other tribulation. The scriptures are written to reveal God and Jesus. They are not written so you can predict physical events in the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cubes

Dec 13, 2004
Boondocks of New York
✟426.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
elman said:
There is only one great tribulation and it is when you are separated from God and eternal life and are spiritiually dead. When you are reborn spiritually you come out of that great tribulation and you need never fear any other tribulation. The scriptures are written to reveal God and Jesus. They are not written so you can predict physical events in the future.

Yes. Still, the saviour told us to be prayerful and vigilant, to determine the times by the fig tree analogy. I see some ripened figs.

One of the key ones in my opinion is this same sex marriage business. Would you say that falls into the category of Daniel 7:25? And if not this, then what could be so contrary to human existence as we know it?

And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Since Adam and Eve, marriage has been b/n men and women. Now all of a sudden, laws are being enforced otherwise... It's onething for people to behave in a certain way privately, it's another thing for that behavior to be made lawful!

Upvote 0

unbound

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2004
✟17,431.00
Faith
Christian
elman said:

I do believe that there things written in there that lets us know what season we are in.

What is written will come to pass, its just a matter of time.

Upvote 0

Mateo

Jan 25, 2004
✟15,511.00
Faith
unbound said:

I went through a similar cycle of thought as you. At first I sought an independance from this thing that is being put in place. Sometime later I realized that it wasn't so much independance from this system that God sought as it was dependance on Him. To become "independant" without depending on God is to make the same mistake that the Pharisees did... it has the tail wagging the dog...Dependance on God is the true freedom...

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Upvote 0

Mateo

Jan 25, 2004
✟15,511.00
Faith
elman said:

Indeed, prophecy is not given so that we may predict what will happen but so that we will understand what is happening when it occurs...

1 Cor 10:1
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
10:2
And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
10:3
And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
10:5
But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
10:6
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
10:7
Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
10:8
Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
10:9
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10:10
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Upvote 0

Mateo

Jan 25, 2004
✟15,511.00
Faith
Cubes said:
Yes. Still, the saviour told us to be prayerful and vigilant, to determine the times by the fig tree analogy. I see some ripened figs.

One of the key ones in my opinion is this same sex marriage business. Would you say that falls into the category of Daniel 7:25? And if not this, then what could be so contrary to human existence as we know it?

And he shall speak [great] words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Since Adam and Eve, marriage has been b/n men and women. Now all of a sudden, laws are being enforced otherwise... It's onething for people to behave in a certain way privately, it's another thing for that behavior to be made lawful!

Yes, in fact anything that God has said "do" or "ye shall" about is being set on it's head currently.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Most see this as happening in an instant. I am beginning to suspect that gradualism will be used to implement this. I think we're seeing it's implementation even now...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.