Earth
✟21,494.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, at least that guy died before his delusion was broken...

Anyway, the bite has actually gone down a bit since Saturday, but I still might have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if I did go; I want to know what to expect from this thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soldier_For_Christ

Warrior, Servant, and Defender of Christ
Oct 10, 2004
Earth
✟21,494.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Battle scar indeed. "Oh yeah, we have killer spiders in our yard. Look what one did to my foot!"

Anyway, it is feeling loads better now. It's even starting to go away already, which is mind-blowing to me! I've looked on the internet pictures of other brown recluse bites that look like they eat through flesh and such things associated with necrosis. It never even broke the surface of my skin! I count my blessings that we got to the doctor's office when we did.

Upvote 0

Soldier_For_Christ

Oct 10, 2004
Earth
✟21,494.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, man-eating spiders aren't very high on my threat list...because I don't know of any species of man-eating spiders in existence. Now, Black Widows can kill, but Brown Recluses are only one step down from that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DarkWinter

Toast!
Nov 8, 2005
✟698.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm also planning on revising my whole idea on my book, much as i don't want to. but i think a different and more original approach is appropriate. i have had this idea for a while: the story of a boy who volunteers for a project and ends up being turned into a cyborg with super abilities but under control of the government which created him.

Upvote 0

Soldier_For_Christ

Oct 10, 2004
Earth
✟21,494.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Unless I'm mistaken, there is a species of spider that can grow to be about as tall as a pony, but is it not native to the deserts of Africa and Mesopotamia?

Originality is essential in writing a good book. I'm not saying that you have to look for the definitive original idea; you could spend your whole life looking for that and never find it. As Ecclesiastes says, there are no new ideas under the sun; everything has been thought of, even extra-terrestrials! People have been talking about aliens ever since people with minds walked upon the earth. What makes a story original is incorporating an idea into your own personal experience and character to produce an original product. Even The Lord of the Rings was based off of old ideas; it was Tolkien's utilization of new viewpoints on old ideas that made The Lord of the Rings not only an original, but a definitive foundation to the fantasy genre as we know it today.

Wow, I get to talking about writing and I can rant with the best of 'em! Our English II teacher would be so proud...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.