The Lone Ranger

B

BlueLioness

The Lone Ranger | Official Site | Disney

The Lone Ranger (2013) - IMDb

My father had a day off and he chose us to go and see The Lone Ranger as a family.

I personally thought it was good. My favorite character is Tonto, I think he's a handsome, sexy beast. Even for a Native American, lol.

But I am not going to argue with the critics. I read up on some critic reviews after I saw the film and one of main accusations is that it did not make as much money as Despicable Me, another movie.

When I went to see it in the theater, it was not packed. So maybe the critics are right. Maybe the movie is just not attracting audiences...

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could tell right from the trailers it wasn't going to be anything to amazing. Just the average summer action movie. So when critics started saying it was nothing special it didn't surprise me. I think for me though I am tired of Johnny Depp playing the same character essentially in every role. Also the trailer gives away the ending which ruined it for me. Overall it wasn't exactly like the tv show. The changed to much for me really not to mention it was much darker then the tv show ever was.

Upvote 0

Molly212

Jul 14, 2013
The beautiful woodlands of the American southeast.
✟15,117.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just because a movie doesn't become a box-office smash doesn't necessarily mean that it's a stinker. I'd love to see The Lone Ranger. I love westerns (The Searchers is my favorite) and this looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Upvote 0