Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
ERGO: I can rely on a wholly subjective morality and still find Nazis to be evil.

And the Nazis could return the compliment. So the only reason it isn't today moral to round up Jews, and other undesirables, and put them in gas chambers, is that the Nazis lost the Second World War.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And the Nazis could return the compliment. So the only reason it isn't today moral to round up Jews, and other undesirables, and put them in gas chambers, is that the Nazis lost the Second World War.

If I were one who decreed that whatever God commands is "Good" in light of 1 Sam 15:3 and the Book of Joshua, I wouldn't be making Nazi references in relation to subjective morality.

Genocide in the Bible is apparently not only acceptable but sometimes a downright virtue.

So, can we stop the Nazi references? Or are you trying to end the thread with a Godwin?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I were one who decreed that whatever God commands is "Good" in light of 1 Sam 15:3 ...
Thank you for showing how anti-Semitic that mindset is.

Judges 6:1 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years.
2 And the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel: and because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strong holds.
3 And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them;
4 And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass.
5 For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it.

I've shown before how anti-Semitism and atheism go hand-in-hand,* and your mindset is yet another example.

* Two other good examples are:

1. The atheists who moan and groan that God hardened Pharaoh's heart, despite the fact that Pharaoh was committing slow genocide by having all the male Jews born in Egypt killed.

2. The atheists who claim Israel isn't the Promised Land (since God allegedly doesn't exist).

I'll just add your anti-Semite bigotry, disguised as a fake indignation towards the Amalekite children, to the pot.

I'll throw in an honorable mention too, while I'm talking about how anti-Semitic atheism is:

3. The atheists who moan and groan that Israel isn't in their homeland now due to fulfilled prophecy. This means, of course, that Israel would have to go back into captivity in order to fulfilled that prophecy before the LORD's return.

Keep up your "God murdered" bologna, the Bible exposes you and your kind as bigots.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for showing how anti-Semitic that mindset is.

Post reported now. I know you are a big supporter of the site so you won't be banned for life. But hopefully you will be asked to remove your FALSE WITNESS.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
AV, does your true lord and master reward you when you bear false witness.

You seem to do it a lot.

I ask about your true lord and master because I think we both know exactly who that is. Don't we ;)

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
AV: all those who say "lord, lord"...well you know the rest, don't you?

You have apparently made a trade of it on CF. You bear falsewitness and you attack people all while enrobing yourself in the Lamb's wool.

Yet you are a ravening wolf.

You may think others don't see it. But we do. You help me realize that there are "Christians" out there like you. YOU no more believe in Christ than I do!

See you in hell, chief.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Post reported now.
Good deal.

We don't need a Godwin to close this thread: your constant harping on I Samuel 15 should do it.

Accusing God of genocide can get you moderated too.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
So if I had a"conversion" experience to Nazism, and started murdering Jews, that would be okay, because I was being moral in my own sights.
What do you mean - okay? To yourself, obviously yes. To me and most everybody, not so much.
I am wondering why you ignored the rest of my post...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, does your true lord and master reward you when you bear false witness.

No.
Obliquinaut said:
You seem to do it a lot.

How would you know if I did?
Obliquinaut said:
I ask about your true lord and master because I think we both know exactly who that is. Don't we ;)
A deceiver? a liar? one who commits genocide? a glorified ape who died on a cross?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I don´t think that that´s a complete and exhaustive analysis...but let´s assume it were: I´m not sure how demonstrating facts helps pointing towards the facts being inaccurate. That something is inconvenient and undesirable doesn´t render it untrue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So, can we stop the Nazi references? Or are you trying to end the thread with a Godwin?

So far as any relevance to the OP is concerned, it would appear to have ended some time back.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That something is inconvenient and undesirable doesn´t render it untrue.

Strange you should mention that. A good part of the arguments in this thread have been along the lines of:

"I don't much care for the God of the Bible. Therefore I am going to conclude he doesn't exist. Of course, if he more resembled the God I would like to exist, I might believe in him then."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good deal.

We don't need a Godwin to close this thread: your constant harping on I Samuel 15 should do it.

Accusing God of genocide can get you moderated too.

You're not a very good person, AV.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Strange you should mention that. A good part of the arguments in this thread have been along the lines of:

"I don't much are for the God of the Bible. Therefore I am going to conclude he doesn't exist. Of course, if he more resembled the God I would like to exist, I might believe in him then."

It looks like you are seriously confused by people who can discuss topics philosophically. It's understandable. Here in the States we have plenty of red necks who don't know what a philosophical argument is or even how to argue a point one doesn't necessarily believe the underlying concept of. This is how so many American voters ended up being duped into voting against their self-interest because their education is sorely lacking.

When one has advanced degrees one learns how to debate points even if wholly hypothetical.

The fact that I've made my debate points with solid references both to early church fathers (which you seemed to confuse with some new age concepts) as well as biblical verses which you seem to blithely ignore in developing your version of God (the one you claimed is predicated on what is written in the bible) is all I need to feel confident that the issue of misunderstanding is probably on your side.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It looks like you are seriously confused by people who can discuss topics philosophically.

When somebody talks about contradictions in the Bible, I usually take them to mean logical contradictions, not, "I really don't like it that the God of the Bible is capable of both love and wrath. If he could have got by without the latter, then perhaps I could have been a Christian without being a Marcionite."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.