Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm just wondering how Jesus would feel about Christians using their majority status to affect legislation that revokes or rejects rights for groups of people...?
This a good question to consider. Because He is no longer here with us on earth, the only thing we can use to form a guess is his life and teachings in The Bible.

In general, I doubt that he would be pleased with much that goes on in the world.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This a good question to consider. Because He is no longer here with us on earth, the only thing we can use to form a guess is his life and teachings in The Bible.

In general, I doubt that he would be pleased with much that goes on in the world.

That my friend, I believe, is a gross understatement. The book of James conveys a great message in regards to treatment of the less fortunate.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That my friend, I believe, is a gross understatement. The book of James conveys a great message in regards to treatment of the less fortunate.
Not being a Christian, I should re-read the book of James. Once I do that maybe I will have a been understanding of Christ.

Thank you for pointing that out.:thumbsup:

(Note to self: I should avoid making blind statements about religion.)

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not being a Christian, I should re-read the book of James. Once I do that maybe I will have a been understanding of Christ.

Thank you for pointing that out.:thumbsup:

(Note to self: I should avoid making blind statements about religion.)

Very welcome!

It would benefit most (especially Christians) to re-read James and take to heart the real message found within. Also re-read Mark if you would like a better understanding of Christ. Try also "Meeting Jesus Again For The First Time" by Marcus Borg. It should appeal to a more scholarly appetite!

I agree with your post in that Christ would be Appaled at the treatment of people by Christians.

Upvote 0
V

valuecard

So many gay people seem to be playing the 'it happens in nature' card. Well, just cause something occurs in the animal kingom doesnt automaticall make it natural! Certain dogs EAT THEIR OWN FEACES! Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain animals EAT THEIR OWN YOUNG! Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain animals try to hump peoples LEGS? Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain MINDLESS BEASTS root animals of th same sex. Is that natural? Should we do it becuase they do? Clearly they dont know any better. We are SUPPOSED 2b ABOVE the animal kingom not be LIKE them

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
So many gay people seem to be playing the 'it happens in nature' card.
Usually that´s in response to the statement that "homosexuality is unnatural".
In this particular case you were the one who played the "homosexuality is unnatural" card in your OP, and people - in response - were pointing out that it is natural, i.e. refuting your argument from nature.
Your misunderstanding seems to be that those people therefore mean that everything that´s natural should be done. That´s not the case, and that´s not what their refutation of your argument from nature implies.
Well, just cause something occurs in the animal kingom doesnt automaticall make it natural!
Natural is what occurs in nature.
Maybe when trying to make the point that homosexuality is "unnatural" you are working from a special definition of "natural" that you may want to provide so that we actually know what you are trying to say-.

Certain dogs EAT THEIR OWN FEACES! Is that natural?
Yes, of course. It happens in nature, so it´s natural.
Should we do it?
I don´t think so. Since we seem to agree on this, we also seem to agree that the argument from "this is natural (therefore a good thing to do), this is unnatural (therefore a bad thing to do)" as brought forth as part of the anti-gay line of reasoning (as you did in the OP) has no leg to stand on. That´s all.
Certain animals EAT THEIR OWN YOUNG! Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain animals try to hump peoples LEGS? Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain MINDLESS BEASTS root animals of th same sex. Is that natural? Should we do it becuase they do?
See above.
We are SUPPOSED 2b ABOVE the animal kingom not be LIKE them
We are different from other animals, just like other animal species are different from each other. Humans indeed have additional drives besides their instincts.
I´m still wondering how the "unnatural" in "X is unnatural, therefore wrong" is defined so that it makes sense as an argument against homosexuality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beanieboy
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
So many gay people seem to be playing the 'it happens in nature' card. Well, just cause something occurs in the animal kingom doesnt automaticall make it natural! Certain dogs EAT THEIR OWN FEACES! Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain animals EAT THEIR OWN YOUNG! Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain animals try to hump peoples LEGS? Is that natural? Should we do it? Certain MINDLESS BEASTS root animals of th same sex. Is that natural? Should we do it becuase they do? Clearly they dont know any better. We are SUPPOSED 2b ABOVE the animal kingom not be LIKE them

And so many anti-gay people say, "It's not natural. Even animals mate, male and female. " When you show them that it is natural, meaning, that it happens in nature, unless you believe that the gay penguins in the Central Park Zoo "chose a homosexual lifestyle", then they suddenly retract their own statement.

You can't have it both ways.

However, it does suggest that, yes, some animals are "born that way", rather than "choose", so it is possible that people may also be naturally attracted to the same sex.

Even using common logic, it doesn't make sense that men attracted to women would purposefully choose to only date men, while remaining clearly heterosexual. Were that the case, "ex gays" would change their orientation as much as one changes their clothes.

However, seeing the idea of themselves "becoming gay" absurd, they are then unable to make the leap and understand that even if gays wanted to change, that it might be equally absurd, knowing that they themselves never had to go from thinking, "Girls are dumb. Girls have cooties," to "learning" how to be attracted to them. It's simply hormones.

So, I won't compare my relationship to those of gay animals if you stop looking to nature to show "male and female He created them" in the animal kingdom to negate homosexuality, because he also created them "male and male", apparently.

We are supposed to be above the animal kingdom, but why do we then kill gay people simply because they are different, because we think they deserve it, or think God calls for their death in Leviticus? If anything, we don't live as a flock, as a herd, but as one who loves simply themselves, often at the cost of the life of another, and even thinks that the murder is ordained by God.

THAT is far more of a problem.

Upvote 0