The Laws of Science VS the Law & Commandments of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Stop responding to random parts of a comment
That is all my brain can handle. I am not going to write a book and respond to every point that every person is making in response. Maybe every point you make is important to you, but that does not make it important to me. Or even worthy of consideration.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
That is all my brain can handle. I am not going to write a book and respond to every point that every person is making in response. Maybe every point you make is important to you, but that does not make it important to me. Or even worthy of consideration.

Thank you for making my point for me.

You made no point, and I am certainly not asking you to write a book when I ask you to respond to a post properly.

Making an anecdote about your wife when I talk about how the laws of physics work and were found to exist is off-topic and annoying. If you don't want to actually respond to people's posts in meaningful ways, then don't start threads where people will talk to you. It's just common sense.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Why is it that people are so quick to embrace the Laws of Physics
Because they can be demonstrated objectively

but they want to reject the law and commandments of God?

I'm not sure anybody wants to reject them, but they cannot be demonstrated objectively. So at best, people will have to decide for themselves if they are convinced to agree with any particular moral law.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think we should do all we can to live right before God but we need to follow the teachings of Jesus when He tells us not to "weigh men down with heavy burdens". The law was given for our benefit. This is why David says that he delights in the law a daily meditates upon it.

Psalm 1 "1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or set foot on the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the Law of the LORD, and on His law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a tree planted by streams of water, yielding its fruit in season, whose leaf does not wither, and who prospers in all he does"

Luke 11:46
"Woe to you as well, experts in the law!" He replied. "You weigh men down with heavy burdens, but you yourselves will not lift a finger to lighten their load.
In Matthew 4:17-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from or disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel message. Furthermore, Jesus set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law, and as his followers we are told to follow his example (1 Peter 2:21-22) and that those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:6). So Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, which means that this is what all who seek to follow his teachings should do.

Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense to interpret Luke 11:46 as Jesus criticizing the Pharisees for teaching people to obey the Mosaic Law when that is what God commanded them to do, especially when that is what he was teaching people to do. In addition, it wouldn't make sense to interpret Luke 11:46 as referring to teaching people to obey the Mosaic Law as weighing people down with heavy burdens when God's word says that it is not too difficult for us to obey (Deuteronomy 30:11-14) and when David delighted in obeying the Mosaic Law (Psalms 1:1-2).

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
To NOT do something is neutral. You can still be guilty of the sins of omission where you do not do what you should be doing for others. Many a divorce is not for what people do but what they left undone and do not do. So should we go off and live in a cabin by ourselves so we do not risk doing something unloving? Do you think that is an expression of our love for others to isolate ourselves from them? In some cases, we are told that people would rather have negative attention than to be ignored and receive no attention at all.
The Mosaic Law contains 248 positive commands to do something and 365 negative commands not to do something, though the negative commands should also be understood as being commands to do the reverse, such as the command not to commit theft also being understood as the command to be generous.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,117.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There are only three laws in the Bible. Love God, Love your Neighbor & Love yourself. The "Jewish" people have 613 laws but Christians and people that follow the teachings of Christ only need to follow those three. All of the Bible is an expression of God's love and the Justice of God. We are to be right or righteous and live holy, consecrated, dedicated, sanctified lives.
I'm sorry if I was unclear. The point of mentioning the limited number of Laws in science was to emphasise that they have only a limited relevance to most aspects of science. Moreover, scientific laws and Biblical laws are totally different in character and comparisons between them are irrelevant. Therefore, interesting as your post here is, it has nothing to do with my post, other than suggesting to me that you did not understand it. (Note the second item in my signature.)

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

istockphoto-1292737937-612x612.jpg

This thread is closed. Physical & Life Sciences is not the place for general apologetic type posts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.