Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
James 2:12. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

Any teaching by Jesus Christ or His apostles that would pertain to a right comprehension of the idea
that we will be judged by the law of liberty.
For example:
Matthew 7:
Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use,
it will be measured back to you.

Last edited:

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's what the law of liberty is about, James wrote about this law of liberty stating that those who judge without mercy will be judged without mercy, and mercy triumphs in judgment.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
James 2:12. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.

This thread is "red letter" only.
In other words, any teaching by Jesus Christ found in any of the four Gospels
that would pertain to a right comprehension of the idea that we will be
judged by the law of liberty.
For example:
Matthew 7:
2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use,
Everyone who accepts the gospel of grace no longer judges, since without law there is no punishment

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Everyone who accepts the gospel of grace no longer judges, since without law there is no punishment

The law has not been done away with. Christ fulfilled the letter of the law. He did not do away with it.

Christ came to save us, but also to show us how to live within the law, and why we should do so.
If that were not true, He would never have confronted the Sadducees, the Pharisees, or tossed the merchants out of the Temple.

Without the Law, there is anarchy, and sin abounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
The law has not been done away with. Christ fulfilled the letter of the law. He did not do away with it.

Christ came to save us, but also to show us how to live within the law, and why we should do so.
If that were not true, He would never have confronted the Sadducees, the Pharisees, or tossed the merchants out of the Temple.

Without the Law, there is anarchy, and sin abounds.

The law is like an old master, it no longer has power to condemn us. Does this mean it has no value. I think not, our hearts know following the law is a good thing. But condemning ourselves and other is not.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The law is like an old master, it no longer has power to condemn us. Does this mean it has no value. I think not, our hearts know following the law is a good thing. But condemning ourselves and other is not.
Jesus does talk about the Law,
He also says that "all judgment has been committed to the Son." John 5:22.
Any suggestions on how He intends to carry out that mandate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Can we please get a Jesus quote? The point of the topic is to show teachings of Christ that gives
understanding to "being judged by the perfect law of liberty." Jesus does talk about the Law,
He also says that "all judgment has been committed to the Son." John 5:22.
Any suggestions on how He intends to carry out that mandate?

Remember Paul is the apostle the holy ghost uses to teach about the Lord Jesus Christ gospel and his new law

Galatians 3 "21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

This words explain what Jesus says in Jhon 5. It is by faith that man can do good. Only the son of the free woman inherit the kingdom. This is the law of freedom.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Remember Paul is the apostle the holy ghost uses to teach about the Lord Jesus Christ gospel and his new law

Galatians 3 "21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

This words explain what Jesus says in Jhon 5. It is by faith that man can do good. Only the son of the free woman inherit the kingdom. This is the law of freedom.

Here's another one that I feel is very important.
Matthew 12:
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in
the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes brother. I know this. Paul I know. Jesus I know. The thread is dedicated to teachings of Jesus
that supports a correct comprehension of the phrase "being judged by the Law of Liberty". OP#1
Here's another one that I feel is very important.
Matthew 12:
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in
the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Romans 10
"9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Im sorry if I dont follow, but my guess is this. Confess the gospel of the lord Jesus Christ. This words should justified you.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 10
"9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Im sorry if I dont follow, but my guess is this. Confess the gospel of the lord Jesus Christ. This words should justified you.
That's a good scripture.
Stay blessed, in the love of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay, no worries. That's a good scripture. There was quite a bit that Jesus said concerning how He would judge. I thought we would discuss that, but no offense in mentioning Paul.
Stay blessed, in the love of Christ.
Imitating our lord. I would say, you should judge with love, compassion and with conviction in your heart. Like you would do with your son when is doing wrong. But, this is more like a personal opinion rather than scripture.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

This thread is "red letter" only.
In other words, any teaching by Jesus Christ found in any of the four Gospels
that would pertain to a right comprehension of the idea that we will be
judged by the law of liberty.
For example:
Matthew 7:

God's law is truth (Psalms 119:142) and a law of liberty (Psalms 119:45), while it is sin in transgression of God's law that puts us in slavery:

John 8:31-36 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
33 They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin.
A truly amazing exchange with people who presumably followed the Law of Moses and kept the Sabbath.
Deuteronomy 5:15. And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.

Those who have entered into His Rest have truly ceased from sin.
Matthew 11:
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father.
Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find
rest for your souls.

30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
A truly amazing exchange with people who presumably followed the Law of Moses and kept the Sabbath.
Deuteronomy 5:15. And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.

Matthew 11:
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father.
Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find
rest for your souls.

With the flesh no one can please God. It is by our heart we are saved by grace . Im a sinner and worthy of hell, by that standard I will never enter his rest. And most likely no one will. At the end only the son born out of the free woman inherit from Abraham.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
With the flesh no one can please God. It is by our heart we are saved by grace . Im a sinner and worthy of hell, by that standard I will never enter his rest. And most likely no one will. At the end only the son born out of the free woman inherit from Abraham.
In Hebrews 4:6, they failed to enter God's rest because of their disobedience, and in Hebrews 4:11, we should strive to enter into God's rest so that no one will fall away by the same sort of disobedience, so entering into God's rest involves obedience to God's law.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 11:

rest for your souls.

The Israelites did not keep God’s commandments, and consistently profaned his Sabbaths, which is why he kicked them out of their land, and why they are scattered right now, because they did not obey his commandments.

Had they kept his laws, statutes and commandments, and kept his Sabbaths holy, they would have entered his rest.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In Hebrews 4:6, they failed to enter God's rest because of their disobedience, and in Hebrews 4:11, we should strive to enter into God's rest so that no one will fall away by the same sort of disobedience, so entering into God's rest involves obedience to God's law.
Had they kept his laws, statutes and commandments, and kept his Sabbaths holy, they would have entered his rest.
In Hebrews, and as well many other verses of the Old Testament, the Righteous Judgment of God
is described as a "Just Recompense".="the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

Hebrews 2:
For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just retribution, [KJV:'a just recompense of reward"]
3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken
by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard.

Luke 14:12. Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee.

Let the Lord be your recompense!
"I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” Genesis 15:1.

Hebrews 10:35. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

Proverbs 12:14. A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth,
And the recompense of a man’s hands will be rendered to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
2 Corinthians 5:
Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God,
and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

Upvote 0