Australia
✟28,113.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were not there. But it is a reasonable hypothesis that the origin of Arianism is the same place that removes the one and only verse in my Bible that talks about the Trinity. See, this is the problem. This might be just one coincidence (in your opinion), but then you have to keep ignoring the coincidences that keep pointing to the King James Bible as being superior in doctrine, and instruction in righteousness. Then again, you probably do not even know what I am talking about. But even if you might be (by some chance), it’s because you don’t want “Divine Preservation of God’s Word” to be true (regardless of what Bible that would be). For the idea of a perfect Bible that we can understand does not sit well with many.
What doesn't sit well with me is that you brought up the city of Alexandria but then swerve to "we were not there" and start trying to redirect the conversation to what your own personal perception of me is.

Athanasius was still Bishop of Alexandria, whether we were there or not.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No I'm not against dictionaries

If you are not against dictionaries, then how is that different than say… using a Modern Translation to gain a defined meaning and understanding that says the same thing in the KJB (But more clearer)?

Dictionaries are sometimes written by this secular world. So the source should even be worse. Do you think there are sometimes bad definitions that could leaven you in dictionaries as a result of this? You know… worldly definitions that could leaven you when you check out a dictionary?

See, that’s why what you propose is ridiculous. I know the corrupt things in the Modern Translations, and I am not even remotely interested in siding with them over what the KJB says. I tremble at the idea of changing what the KJB says. So it’s not even a possibility. I place them side by side next to each other and I am able to see where they line up and where they don’t line up. It’s not complicated and neither am I tempted to side with them over what the KJB says. It’s very important that I honor the KJB with every word and letter.

You said:
but I do recommend letting the bible be it's own dictionary.

You act like I am a new Christian. I am not. I am in strong favor of looking at the context, and looking at the whole counsel of God’s Word (cross references). Many of the odd beliefs I run into by Christians are the kind of beliefs that ignore the whole counsel of God’s Word while they focus a laser beam on a particular verse with a wrong interpretation.

You said:
I would like, if you don't mind, to illustrate the importance of believing every single word in the Bible EXACTLY as it's written using these 2 verses.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

If you go to another version to understand what "raise it up" means then you will completely miss all the theology and doctrine taught in just those two verse. So to prove my point that every single word matters, can you tell me what is the "IT" that gets raised in verse 39? And who is "him" that gets raised up in verse 40?

Question #1: What is the “it” being raise in John 6:39?
Question #2: And who is the “him” being raised in John 6:40?

Answer #1:

Well, first, we have to remember that while Jesus will resurrect physically all faithful believers both Jews and Gentiles, we have to understand that Jesus was primarily addressing Jews as his audience in the gospels. For Jesus said He was only sent to the lost house of the tribe of Israel when the Canaanite woman came unto him begging for Jesus to help her (See: Matthew 15:21-28). Second, so what is the “it” that is to be raised in John 6:39? It would be the bones in the valley of the dry bones mentioned in Ezekiel 37:1-14.

Ezekiel 37:1-14 KJV

[1] “The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
[2] And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
[3] And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.
[4] Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
[5] Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
[6] And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
[7] So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
[8] And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
[9] Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God ; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
[10] So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
[11] Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
[12] Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
[13] And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
[14] And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.”​

For the Jews knew this. For… “Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” (John 11:24).

Answer #2:

John 6:40 says,
“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

So who is the “him” being raised up?
It’s obvious by the context of the very verse itself.

“…every one which (who) seeth (sees) the Son, and believeth (believes) on him,”

You said:
If you're a futurist it will completely nullify your whole end times view which it should because the futurist view is the wrong view.

Preterism is a huge error, and it’s clearly obvious from Scripture that none of things in Revelation have happened yet. Have you heard about demons coming up out of the ground in history? How about 1/4 of the world being killed? Also, the Jewish temple wall still stands. Jesus said in the Olivet discourse the following words, “There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” (Matthew 24:2). Jesus said “raise it up again at the last day.” (John 6:39). The last day has not happened yet because this sinful Earth is still here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Then how can you say there is no pure inerrant word of God today when we are told to study the word of truth, the word of God, to show that we're approved by God to be a good workman for his kingdom? Do you believe this verse is not accurate? Or maybe you believe this only applies to people who had access to the original writings?

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The pure, inerrant word of God is found in the ancient Scriptural manuscripts.

Can you name a perfect, inerrant Bible translation?

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You and your Ministry of myths are Judged by the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD, understand?

JESUS said: - Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come,
he will reprove the world of sin,
and of righteousness,
and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of Judgment, because the prince of this world is Judged.
John 16 - KJV

Furthermore, the Judgment shall sit, and the Kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom UNDER the whole HEAVEN, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, understand? Whose Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. Yeah, the Judgment shall sit, and to the saints of the Most High shall be given the dominion,
to consume and to destroy unto the end.

The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD (of this Devil's world) are become the kingdoms of the Lord, and He will reign for ever and ever.

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end-says the Lord-, to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Daniel 7 combined with Revelation chap.11 and 2 KJV (Quoted from Biblegateway-this is my source in English language)

THE WORD IS GOD
You're completely off the subject. Either get with the program, or I'll report you for being repeatedly off-topic.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
JESUS left very clear: Luke 12:v.49 KJV (Quoted from Biblegateway)
49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
See my reply to your previous post. I won't violate board rules by posting what I think of what you've posted so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The pure, inerrant word of God is found in the ancient Scriptural manuscripts.

Can you name a perfect, inerrant Bible translation?

Would that be the Textus Receptus or the Critical Text?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,656.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would that be the Textus Receptus or the Critical Text?
TR is a critical edition based on several late byzantian manuscripts, its not a manuscript.

And there is no edition or manuscript called "The Critical Text".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,656.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one can prove they're NOT.
Anybody can and easily. By comparing them to each other, for example.

And most of the time we do not even need to compare them, just the reading is enough - missing words, repeated sentences, missing sentences, commentaries that were next to the text are mistakenly put into the text by the next copyist etc.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,988.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bible is not Jesus.
Bible says the Word is GOD. Bible says JESUS is the true GOD.

The Lord said: Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz. Isaiah 8:v.1- Wonderful! Marvelous!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,656.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bible says the Word is GOD. Bible says JESUS is the true GOD.

The Lord said: Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz. Isaiah 8:v.1- Wonderful! Marvelous!
What is the logical connection between my note and your reaction?

This thread is not about the deity of Christ.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,988.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're completely off the subject. Either get with the program, or I'll report you for being repeatedly off-topic.

If any man build upon the foundation wood, hay, stubble, every man's work shall be made manifest: for the Day shall declare it (this Day arrived, the seventh and last Day, seventh and last millennium), because it shall be revealed by FIRE; and the FIRE shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 1 Corinthians 3:v.11-12KJV - Biblegateway - The Word is GOD, understand?

There is not only smoke, but also a horrible smell.

THE WORD IS GOD

Upvote 0