The Importance of Gods Word

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I have made several posts in this thread already! But I am compelled to make another.

Recently I made a post in another thread with a verse from God's Word that left no doubt as to it's meaning. It was plain and simple and direct.
Yet there was a reply "CONTRADICTING" God's Word with the dogma of a particular Church.

Folks, this is not only non-sense, but it is very dangerous. It is one thing to disagree with a person's "interpretation" of scripture, but it is quite another to disagree with what God plainly says.

This thread is about the importance of God's Word. We need to be very serious when it comes to His written Word. In a "moment in time" we will be standing before God!

At which Judgement will we be standing? The Bema Judgement of Christ where we will receive our rewards or suffer loss, or will we stand before the Great White Throne Judgement, where the only thing we receive is the formal pronouncement of eternal doom?

How important is God's Word? It provides us with plain and simple directions on how to avoid the Great White Throne Judgement!

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
7th March 2003 at 07:24 PM Gerry said this in Post #41 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=698453#post698453)

How important is God's Word? It provides us with plain and simple directions on how to avoid the Great White Throne Judgement!

Amen to that! That's one judgment we should all want to avoid.

Luke 8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Upvote 0