Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am actually conservative in not so conservatve ways. I'm a new bread of "Socially-progressive" conservatives. Meaning, I'm more liberal in certain respects such as war, the death penalty, abortion, the environment, foriegn aid, and other areas but I am conservative in the fiscal sense in that I believe in government responsibility with respect to finances and wasteful spending as well as corruption and a see-through government. I believe in a smaller government that's efficient and meets the need of the people. I don't believe in party lines and believe in putting aside party values to serve America. While certain issues I don't agree with Obama, on most I have similar stances and I believe he is not about being democrat or republican, but American. He repaints America, and I'm for that.

PEACE

Reactions: moerunamida
Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am actually conservative in not so conservatve ways. I'm a new bread of "Socially-progressive" conservatives. Meaning, I'm more liberal in certain respects such as war, the death penalty, abortion, the environment, foriegn aid, and other areas but I am conservative in the fiscal sense in that I believe in government responsibility with respect to finances and wasteful spending as well as corruption and a see-through government. I believe in a smaller government that's efficient and meets the need of the people.
Generally speaking, isn't that close to the Libertarian Party platform? Maybe with some Green Party thrown in as well.

The only problem is that 'libertarian' is both a proper noun and an adjective, and the two uses don't always overlap. The Libertarian Party is generally in alignment with conservative views of finance, but still libertarian (adjective now) on social issues - in other words, personal liberty and the government should butt out.

Upvote 0

ListenerFriendly

I Am My Own Adversary...
Mar 25, 2006
The Westward End Of An Eastbound Sh
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Eh... similarities. I believe in small government and finnces and that's where I agree with Libetarians. I was actually a huge Ron Paul supporter, so yeah I have roots. And the Green party has some interesting ideas. I took an inaccurate test for a party one time and it told me I was Green... not truly. I agree with a lot of the issues of the afforementioned groups but I won't register as a Libertarian because I think there platform is dying. There has been a rise to a voting block... but I think that Americans are tired of a two-party system and are looking for something. Just the libertarian party isn't active enough to meet those needs.

PEACE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't vote. I'm a Christian and am pro-life, not pro-choice, so I suppose I should've voted for McCain. But, honestly, I didn't like McCain and what he claimed he wanted to offer our country. If I don't like my options, I don't vote. I didn't like my options. One more vote wouldn't have made a different anyway...Obama won by A LOT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums