Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because some people advocates for this sin, they publicly promote it. Of which the Church has to publicly denounce it. I have never seen anyone advocate for getting drunk and beating his wife.

Pastor should be blameless , husband of one wife , imo that's because he should be example to the rest of flock . He should give not only word of God but also with his life show how to behave .

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You seem to be saying two different things. Once you say a Christian cannot commit any sin, and the second is the opposite.

Same as John in 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 .

You can't really separate yourself from your body you are both atm .

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Both , his flesh is sinner his seed is saint .
That's why you should walk in Spirit and not in flesh , but that's your choice ,

A Christian walks in the light, and is NOT in the flesh. That is why a Christian is not a sinner, but a saint. They have gone from death to life, and their very nature has changed. The body still grows old to death, but we are talking about the fleshly nature, not the body of flesh.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Homosexuality is a sin. Hands down, no question about it and it must be stated that way. However so are many other things that God dislikes, Sin is simply missing the mark and guess what.
WE all have missed it. We all have fallen short of God's glory and we do so daily. That is why we HAVE to have grace and that what Christ offers, Is grace and that grace is "unmerited favor" Meaning NO ONE deserves it, It is a gift.
Homosexuals are just like any other lost sinner and they need that precious grace just as much as a gossip or a judgmental person.
If a church is to close its doors to homosexuals, It needs to close its doors to everyone else too.
They are welcomed at our church and I will put my arm around them and tell them I love them. Yet I also will tell them it is a sin.
I preach the bible and the truth, As a pastor, I will walk alongside of them as we pray together and give this issue to God to help them overcome this however long it takes for deliverance.
God loves them, I love them and they are welcome here, However they will not be in a ministry role until they repent and stop the sin.

I believe to cast them out in judgement is a worse sin than the homosexuality because we christians are to walk in love of everyone

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I believe in both :) God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. All 3 are consistent in their unconditional love. God loves everyone. Sin is sin, there isn't anyone past or present (Jesus aside) who is without sin. We're all saved by grace through faith for that sin, whichever category we're falling under. My message is simply one of love. I am saved not because of who I am (or who I'm not) or what I've done (or what I haven't done) I'm saved because of who God is and what He has done for me. :) Peace

Then why deny both the Father and the Son by calling yourself an Agnostic? Stand up and be counted!

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritualized
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Christian walks in the light, and is NOT in the flesh. That is why a Christian is not a sinner, but a saint. They have gone from death to life, and their very nature has changed. The body still grows old to death, but we are talking about the fleshly nature, not the body of flesh.

You can't change the fleshly nature of your body it's father is the Devil .
You can't change the Spirit nature of your seed it's father is God .

• Agree
Upvote 0

Spiritualized

God Loves YOU
Oct 15, 2010
Wales, UK
✟8,562.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
What was the stumbling block / what caused you to believe in Christian God ?

Hi Chinchilla :)

It's a very long story but to keep it as brief as possible. My whole family and friend circle are hard atheists. The mention of the word God brings laughter and ridicule. My mother would define herself as Spiritualist (in the sense of mediumship and the paranormal). The only church I ever knew growing up and into my late teens was spiritualist churches and their teachings. I had no reason to ever question it. But when I turned 19/20 years of age I thought more deeply about it and it just didn't sit with me. Not least because my best friend who took his life had not been in any meaningful contact (which spiritualism would tell you they would be).

So that really began my exploration of the truth, or at least a desire to know answers to some big questions...(why are we here? where have we come from? where are we going? what is the point?" etc). Fast forward 3-4 years of exploration, study and experiences I came to God in a weird way. It was something as simple as driving past a local church and seeing their sign "Got Questions? Try Alpha here" almost every day. The Christian God was the last one I wanted to experience given my experience of most Christians were that they were bigoted, judgemental people who preach love but then spew hate. But.. Having entered the church, seeing the cross above me. I haven't had an experience like it. I was overwhelmed with emotion and ever since that day (27.04.2014) I've never been the same and I've just known Jesus is my God. Very plain, no miraculous discovery but that is how God met me and I've been Christian ever since :)

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Same as John in 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 .

You can't really separate yourself from your body you are both atm .

ROFL

1 John 1:8 is BEFORE confession, becoming a Christian. You read it out of context of the next verse. Repentance is the prerequisite to receiving the Spirit.

1 John 3:9 IS AFTER becoming a Christian, and have already received the seed.

Upvote 0

Spiritualized

God Loves YOU
Oct 15, 2010
Wales, UK
✟8,562.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Then why deny both the Father and the Son by calling yourself an Agnostic? Stand up and be counted!

Sorry 1stcenturylady, I did already respond and explained why it says agnostic earlier in this thread. I'll repost below. God bless.

I joined this forum back in 2010 while I was Agnostic. I came to Christ in 2014 and have literally signed onto this site today for the first time in 7 years. I have updated much of my profile but cannot for the life of me find where to update "Agnostic" to "Christian". For the time being I've put Christian below my name. If you'd like to help me where to find how to change Agnostic, please do :)

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Homosexuality is a sin, period. It is not some one way ticket to Hell. God sees ALL sins as equal from murder to stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. If murderers, thieves, cheats and liars are welcome into the house of God, why not gays?

There is a way to show God's love to ALL of mankind without sacrificing your core beliefs. My Church had one of the girls from out teen group come out of the closet and we didn't treat her any differently. We loved her he same and fellowshiped with her the same. She isn't suddenly turned into a leper because of her sexual orientation. But we also did not change our views on homosexuality, nor did we refrain from discussing the subject when it came up. She is a creation of God that deserves and needs love. That's it. At the end of her life, God will have the final judgement.

We are called to Love, Jesus is to Save, God is to Judge.

Your wrong God does not let any of those sin into the Body of Christ, They maybe fooling themselves of thinking they are saved, but they are not. You must repent of All sin before you can be saved.
God condemns churches that allow unrepented sin into there fellowship. Revelation 2 and 3.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You can't change the fleshly nature of your body it's father is the Devil .
You can't change the Spirit nature of your seed it's father is God .

You can stay out of the flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit, or is it a revolving door you believe in.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't be naive. The church is the most common place for seekers to go.

Tell it to person who is working 8h a day , then watching TV or surfing Internet for the rest of thier day while relaxing and eating junk food , then on friday / saturday night he goes out with friends and he has hungover for sunday and is alredy back to work on monday .

That's the life of average men , there are more sinners outside of Church that are inside don't lie to yourself . Even if you added Catholics + Protestants + All other smaller denominations they would be around 2,5B while there are over 7B people on earth . There is more sinners outside of churches than inside trust me .

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Your wrong God does not let any of those sin into the Body of Christ, They maybe fooling themselves of thinking they are saved, but they are not. You must repent of All sin before you can be saved.
God condemns churches that allow unrepented sin into there fellowship. Revelation 2 and 3.

God condemned those churches who allowed false doctrine into their churches, not sinners seeking salvation.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry 1stcenturylady, I did already respond and explained why it says agnostic earlier in this thread. I'll repost below. God bless.

I joined this forum back in 2010 while I was Agnostic. I came to Christ in 2014 and have literally signed onto this site today for the first time in 7 years. I have updated much of my profile but cannot for the life of me find where to update "Agnostic" to "Christian". For the time being I've put Christian below my name. If you'd like to help me where to find how to change Agnostic, please do :)
I posted this earlier in post #68, but this is how you change your faith icon:

How do I change my Faith Icon?
See this list, then open up a Ticket in Contact Us and talk with an admin about your desire to change your faith icon.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. ~1 Corinthians 5:2

No, homosexuals are certainly not allowed in the fellowship of believers. They are to be shamed.
And fornicators?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm unsure if that is the answer. Those who advocate for LGBT issues want gay and lesbian pastors (in same-sex relationships) in the church. Their position isn't much different from a secular one.
That is a problem. I'm not comfortable with homosexual and lesbian pastors. I wonder if a homosexual pastor could refrain from advocating for homosexuality.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Tell it to person who is working 8h a day , then watching TV or surfing Internet for the rest of thier day while relaxing and eating junk food , then on friday / saturday night he goes out with friends and he has hungover for sunday and is alredy back to work on monday .

That's the life of average men , there are more sinners outside of Church that are inside don't lie to yourself . Even if you added Catholics + Protestants + All other smaller denominations they would be around 2,5B while there are over 7B people on earth . There is more sinners outside of churches than inside trust me .

Yes, there is a wide road that leads to destruction, and it is wide for the fact it has the most people on it. But don't underestimate the fact that the Holy Spirit is drawing everyone. Whether they listen or not, is up to them. You can't save everyone, but you can at least let them into the church to get them set free. You don't need to get well before you go to the hospital to be allowed in.

Upvote 0

Spiritualized

God Loves YOU
Oct 15, 2010
Wales, UK
✟8,562.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I posted this earlier in post #68, but this is how you change your faith icon:

How do I change my Faith Icon?
See this list, then open up a Ticket in Contact Us and talk with an admin about your desire to change your faith icon.

Ahh, amazing, thank you very much Shoetoyou. That's a big help! Bless you :D I'll get straight onto that.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I really don't see any 'middle ground' like a decision that

'the people are to be accepted, but their practices are still to be condemned'

To my knowledge, there ALREADY EXIST homosexual pastors and at least one lesbian Bishop in the UMC.

I'm not gay, but if I were, I don't think that orientation would have been 'by choice'. I think orientation is established at a very young age for reasons science/psychology/religion does not understand.

Anything less than "It's OK to be gay -- it's OK to be a gay pastor - it's OK to be a gay Bishop" is not going to satisfy a large number of people.
If you bar homosexuals, don't you have to bar all other sinners?

• Agree
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0