The Holy Spirit: expanded remembrance (many memories), or greater detail in recall?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just to get your cogs moving: the remembrance or recall of the Holy Spirit, which is it? Does the Holy Spirit embrace many memories, or does He focus on greater detail within a specific memory? My understanding is that we have to seek Him to chose, on His terms - if He wants it to be one way, or another, it should be up to Him. It's a little bit like arguing for Calvinism or Arminianism you go completely in one direction or the other. I am not trying to convince to be one or the other, just to consider that your expectation of the Holy Spirit is something that you can train, together with Him!

Our dreams tend to be of many memories, but by the same token with a strong vision we can remember more details. It would require the work of the Holy Spirit to work out one or the other - and you cannot just invoke the work of the Holy Spirit, without referring to Christ. I think it's interesting that Christ said "He will bring all things to remembrance" (from memory, John) when you think about it, that means bringing to remembrance all the different things people remember about Christ! I suppose the benefit of having so many memories is that there is a greater contrast, concerning things we do remember.

If greater contrast is the goal (for ease and light of recollection) then it will be the change in our own lives that gives the most glory to Christ, as we recollect from beginning to end - as Jesus was spoken of in the letters that He would complete the work that was started in us. In other words, the contrast in us, will be completed, as the Holy Spirit brings to remembrance the contrast of things that speak of Christ. This is what is holy and it needs help and prayer, actually.

If we could help one another draw out the things that each of us remember, that would be a great thing. I really see it as a work of the new commandment to make room for every believer's sense of the contrast of the memories that the Holy Spirit has brought to remembrance. If we can remember each other's contrast, on an ongoing basis, how great would that contrast be? Surely this will ultimately bless God?

Your spirit testify to the Holy Spirit, if these things are not true.

God bless.