USA
✟481,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you, then, believe that those who 'explain away' Saturday sabbath are unsaved?
Are you implying God "explained away" what He the Creator of all things wrote with his own finger? You are trying to isolate one commandment when God wrote a Covenant of Ten, not one or nine. Exodus 34:28

Sin is considered the transgression of God's laws. 1 John 3:4, Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7 God does not isolate the 4th commandment- sin is breaking any of God's laws which includes the 4th commandment. For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins Hebrews 10:26. The good news is we still have time to repent and turn from our sin and keep the commandments of God. Jesus provides the Holy Spirit so we can keep the commandments. John 14:15-18, Acts 5:32. We of course do not keep the commandments to be saved as that is God's gift of grace through faith. True faith means we believe in the Word of God and obedience is a fruit of our faith and how we show our love to God. John 14:15, John 15:10. 1 John 5:3

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you, then, believe that those who 'explain away' Saturday sabbath are unsaved?
The Bereans would be a good example in answer to this question...Acts 17:11
New International Version
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

I think if one is convicted by the Holy Spirit and ignores that conviction, then is that person really saved?
I have an example using EG White, she did not stop eating pork for quite a number of years after she believed she was first called into her ministry by God. Our church believes pork is an unclean food...so eating it under norrnal circumstances would be a sin. She was eventually convicted by the Holy Spirit to not eat pork...she followed that conviction.
Only you know the answer to your question about whether or not one who fails to keep the Sabbath is saved...are you convicted in your heart to study further like the Bereans did with Paul's teachings?
The Bereans did not try to explain away anything...they read the only scriptures they had prior to the apostle Pauls writings!

May I add there are a number of scholars who believe Paul's writings came very early on after Jesus and that the other books of the New Testament were written later. If true than the Bereans had just the Old Testament scrolls (and perhaps some of the Apochrypha?).
My point is, the gospel Paul was presenting had to agree completely with what the Bereans already knew...if it differed they would have rejected him.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The ONLY way one can ignore the Seventh Day Sabbath is by explaining it away...and that is what every single Sunday worshipping group do.
Completely untrue.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you think this is biblical? According to her, most people on this forum are unsaved or rather won't be saved because we are worshipping our Lord Jesus on Sunday not Saturday.

"Satan is the sharpest critic that the world has ever known, and he works to hinder and pervert truth. He has induced men to strive to change the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. Under his dictation the first day of the week has been adopted by the Christian world as the Sabbath. He has used his masterly mind to influence other men to adopt the same views that he himself entertains. But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth." - Ellen G. White {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

According to the scriptures we need to believe and follow Gods' Word to be saved *Matthew 7:21-23. Salvation is conditional when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His word to believe and follow what Gods' Word says *see also John 10:26-27. You post an EGW quote showing that if someone is living in a life of known unrepentant sin breaking Gods' 4th commandment they cannot be saved as supposed proof of a statement of EGW that is not biblical. Then you ask the question to someone a little latter "Do you, then, believe that those who 'explain away' Saturday sabbath are unsaved?"

What does the bible say?

According to the scriptures sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments (James 2:10-11) and not believing and following what God's Word says (Romans 14:23). According to the scriptures the purpose of God's law is to give us a knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) and to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25.

Let's look at a difference example of God's 10 commandments and apply it to the same quotation above. In you view, can we live a life of known unrepentant sin after we have been given a knowledge of the truth of God's Word *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 committing adultery and be saved?

What about lying, stealing or committing murder? What about if we make idols and bow down to worship them or take other God's and remain unrepentant? As these people in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God? Now what makes you think that Gods' 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 is any different to any of the other 10 commandments? Is any one of us saved if we live a life in known unrepentant sin when God has given them a knowledge of the truth of His Word *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31?

Now what is not biblical about the statement you have provided above? According to the scriptures if we live a life of known unrepentant to the end we are in danger of the judgement because we have chosen to reject the gift of Gods' dear son counting the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of Gods' grace sin and the wages of sin is death *Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31.

According to the scriptures, God's people are in every Church *John 10:16 living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them and in times of ignorance God winks at but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word calls us to believe and follow what Gods' Word says *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17, but according to Jesus the hour is coming and now is that the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24.

God is calling us where ever we might be out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God *Revelation 18:1-5. Gods' sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear will not follow according to Jesus because they are not His sheep *John 10:26-27. According to the scriptures the many are called but only the few are the chosen *Matthew 22:14 and it is only the few that enter the narrow way while the many enter the board way that leads to destruction according to Jesus in Matthew 7:13-14. Lets pray that we are not of the many that come to Jesus on that day when he says depart from me you who work iniquity (sin) I never knew you *Matthew 7:21-23.

Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God. Jesus says if we knowingly follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not following God in Matthew 15:2-9. The testing question that will come to everyone of us is who do we believe and follow; God or man? God is calling us back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the scriptures we need to believe and follow Gods' Word to be saved *Matthew 7:21-23. Salvation is conditional when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His word to believe and follow what Gods' Word says *see also John 10:26-27. You post an EGW quote showing that if someone is living in a life of known unrepentant sin breaking Gods' 4th commandment they cannot be saved as supposed proof of a statement of EGW that is not biblical. Then you ask the question to someone a little latter "Do you, then, believe that those who 'explain away' Saturday sabbath are unsaved?"

What does the bible say?

According to the scriptures sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments (James 2:10-11) and not believing and following what God's Word says (Romans 14:23). According to the scriptures the purpose of God's law is to give us a knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) and to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25.

Let's look at a difference example of God's 10 commandments and apply it to the same quotation above. In you view, can we live a life of known unrepentant sin after we have been given a knowledge of the truth of God's Word *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 committing adultery and be saved?

What about lying, stealing or committing murder? What about if we make idols and bow down to worship them or take other God's and remain unrepentant? As these people in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God? Now what makes you think that Gods' 4th commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 is any different to any of the other 10 commandments? Is any one of us saved if we live a life in known unrepentant sin when God has given them a knowledge of the truth of His Word *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31?

Now what is not biblical about the statement you have provided above? According to the scriptures if we live a life of known unrepentant to the end we are in danger of the judgement because we have chosen to reject the gift of Gods' dear son counting the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of Gods' grace sin and the wages of sin is death *Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31.

According to the scriptures, God's people are in every Church *John 10:16 living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them and in times of ignorance God winks at but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word calls us to believe and follow what Gods' Word says *Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; James 4:17, but according to Jesus the hour is coming and now is that the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24.

God is calling us where ever we might be out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God *Revelation 18:1-5. Gods' sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear will not follow according to Jesus because they are not His sheep *John 10:26-27. According to the scriptures the many are called but only the few are the chosen *Matthew 22:14 and it is only the few that enter the narrow way while the many enter the board way that leads to destruction according to Jesus in Matthew 7:13-14. Lets pray that we are not of the many that come to Jesus on that day when he says depart from me you who work iniquity (sin) I never knew you *Matthew 7:21-23.

Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God. Jesus says if we knowingly follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God we are not following God in Matthew 15:2-9. The testing question that will come to everyone of us is who do we believe and follow; God or man? God is calling us back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

God bless
What you wrote here is exactly what the old SDA pastor tried to drill into me. In retrospect it was pretty strange that I felt both liberated and emotionally drained after leaving SDA.

On a side note the reason I left was not because of Saturday observance but because I had to confess Ellen White's teachings as authoritative (depends on how you want to interpret that term) in order to be baptised.

Instead, I ran away into God's saving grace.
Romans 8:1-2

Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The testing question that will come to everyone of us is who do we believe and follow; God or man?
I put this question back to you.
And I add my own.
What would renouncing Ellen White mean for you?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

What does the bible say?

Your response here...
What you wrote here is exactly what the old SDA pastor tried to drill into me. In retrospect it was pretty strange that I felt both liberated and emotionally drained after leaving SDA.

On a side note the reason I left was not because of Saturday observance but because I had to confess Ellen White's teachings as authoritative (depends on how you want to interpret that term) in order to be baptised.

Instead, I ran away into God's saving grace.
Romans 8:1-2

Funny that. I did not need to get what I shared with you from any man or pastor but provided it directly from the bible from my own personal bible study with the Lord Jesus claiming His promises to be my guide and teacher (see John 16:13; John 14:23; John 7:17; 1 John 2:27) which is God's new covenant promise to all those who believe and follow what God's Word says *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27. I noticed you made no attempt to answer my questions asked of you in relation to the quote you provided earlier, was there any reason for that? According to the scriptures no one receives God's Grace if they do not believe and follow God's Word (see John 3:16-21; Hebrews 10:26-31) and the scriptures teach that no one knows God by not believing his Word and doing what God's Word says according to John in 1 John 2:3-4 and James 2:17-26. So to say we ran away to Gods' grace without doing what Gods' Word says according to the scriptures is not running away to God's grace because according to the scriptures grace is for obedience to the faith not unbelief and disobedience to the faith (see Romans 1:5; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 10:26-31. These of course are God's Words not mine. For me only Gods' Words are true and we should believe and follow them according to Romans 3:4 and Acts of the Apostles 5:29.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I put this question back to you.
And I add my own. What would renouncing Ellen White mean for you?
Just asking for clarification here. As posted above you never answered any of my questions to you in post # 364 linked. So I gather the reason for this is that you either know the answers to those questions and your unwilling to provide them as they point out what is being shared with you here from the scriptures is the truth of Gods' Word or you do not know the answer to those question. Which one is it? Anyhow, I am happy to answer your questions if you are not sure. In answer to your question here? If you read my personal testimony here linked you would know why this would make no difference to me. Do you know why?

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@LoveGodsWord I believe it is now more profitable to agree to disagree on Sabbath and SDA doctrine.
The answer for us both is Jesus. Do you agree?
Jesus is the Word of God according to the scriptures *John 1:1-4; 14. I did not think you were here for a discussion in regards to the scriptures.

Take Care. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is the Word of God according to the scriptures *John 1:1-4; 14. I did not think you were here for a discussion in regards to the scriptures.

Take Care. :wave:
You take care too. Peace

• Winner
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Do you think this is biblical? According to her, most people on this forum are unsaved or rather won't be saved because we are worshipping our Lord Jesus on Sunday not Saturday.

"Satan is the sharpest critic that the world has ever known, and he works to hinder and pervert truth. He has induced men to strive to change the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. Under his dictation the first day of the week has been adopted by the Christian world as the Sabbath. He has used his masterly mind to influence other men to adopt the same views that he himself entertains. But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth." - Ellen G. White {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

"Those who reverence the commandments of Jehovah will, after the light has been given them in reference to the fourth precept of the decalogue, obey it without questioning the feasibility or convenience of such obedience. God made man in his own image, and then gave him an example of observing the seventh day, which he sanctified and made holy. He designed that man should worship him upon that day, and engage in no secular pursuits. No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God" {RH July 6 1897 paragraph 14}

Her writings can not be just casually read to prove a point. What she had always taught is that when we have been convicted by the Holy Spirit of the truth, To then reject it is to reject the Holy Spirit---to then grieve away the Spirit. It is the convicting by the spirit and then to reject it that is the sin.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 Cor 5:21
No one is righteous before God by continuing in known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth and we choose to turn away from His Word in unbelief to continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures *see Hebrews 10:26-31; Matthew 7:21-23. According to John if we do this we do not know God and are not telling the truth in 1 John 2:3-4 and 1 John 3:6 because according to the scriptures sin is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil in 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. Therefore says Jesus you shall know them (who is from God and who is not) by their fruit. *Matthew 7:16-20; John 15:1-6; 1 John 2:3-4.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Praise the Lord! :)
According to the scriptures, Gods Word does not teach lawlessness (without law). We are set free from our sins through faith, repentance confession and forgiveness of sins and the penalty for sin which is death *Romans 8:1-4 if we continue in the faith believing and following Gods' Word *1 Peter 1:9. It we choose to depart the faith at any time and return to unbelief and unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word we are still under the law standing guilty before God of sin and the wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Hope this is helpful Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
According to the scriptures, Gods Word does not teach lawlessness (without law). We are set free from our sins through faith, repentance confession and forgiveness of sins and the penalty for sin which is death *Romans 8:1-4 if we continue in the faith believing and following Gods' Word *1 Peter 1:9. It we choose to depart the faith at any time and return to unbelief and sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word we are still under the law standing guilty before God of sin and the wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Hope this is helpful Dan

Do you believe that it is impossible for a professing Christian who sins to actually regain his salvation? If not, how does one regain his salvation?

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that it is impossible for a professing Christian who sins to actually regain his salvation? If not, how does one regain his salvation?
1 John 2:1; 1 John 1:9.

Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the scriptures, Gods Word does not teach lawlessness (without law). We are set free from our sins through faith, repentance confession and forgiveness of sins and the penalty for sin which is death *Romans 8:1-4 if we continue in the faith believing and following Gods' Word *1 Peter 1:9. It we choose to depart the faith at any time and return to unbelief and unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word we are still under the law standing guilty before God of sin and the wages of sin is death to all those who reject the gift of God's dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace *Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Hope this is helpful Dan
Thanks for offering. I'll keep my Jesus who keeps me and will guard me forever.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for offering. I'll keep my Jesus who keeps me and will guard me forever.
Hi, sorry but I am not sure how your post here relates to the post and scriptures that your quoting from or what your meaning is here?

Upvote 0