Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’m working on my 4th book called, “The Heavenly Tabernacle” in which I’m advocating a new, or let’s say “less explored” grand theme of the book of Revelation. So many Bible scholars and students of eschatology focus on the unraveling mysteries; such as the meaning of the number 666, or who, when, and where the beast might be. I will be arguing that these end-times enthusiasts are completely missing the grand theme of the book . . . that the book of Revelation is about worship, and more specifically, worship in the Heavenly Tabernacle.

There are 10 celebrations of worship throughout the Book of Revelation, and after each celebration, something remarkable happens. Just as there were 10 plagues in the Exodus account until Pharaoh let the people of Israel go, the enemies of God are driven out of their strongholds and judged through the course of these 10 celebrations of worship.

I’m interested in discussing this theme and a number of sub-topics that flow out of the premise, such as: what and why is the Millennial Kingdom? When is the Rapture? and who are the 144,000? Any opinions, objections, or criticisms along the way are welcome.

Eprom

Nov 25, 2004
Central Valley, California
✟3,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would suggest that the 10 celebrations of worship are:

1) Revelation 1:10 - 16
2) Revelation 4:8-11
3) Revelation 5:8-14
4) Revelation 7:9-12
5) Revelation 8:1-5
6) Revelation 11:15-17
7) Revelation 12:10-12
8) Revelation 14:2-3
9) Revelation 15:3-5
10) Revelation 19:1-6

Upvote 0

Eprom

Nov 25, 2004
✟3,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Ministry of the Priesthood is a significant theme throughout Revelation, as we find angels acting as priests throughout the book: 1) Living Creatures surround God's throne just as the Levitical Priests would carry the Ark of the Covenant Rev 4:5-10 2) The living creatures and the twenty-four elders carrying bowels of incense Rev 5:8 3) Angels and the living creatures worshiping God Rev 5:11-12 4) Angels blowing trumpets just as the Levitical Priests did so at Jericho Rev 8-11 (5 An angel takes a golden censer from the altar to the golden altar Rev 8:3 6) Angel administers little book to John Rev 10:8-11 as a priest would administer a scroll in Num 5:23 7) Angels carry out ceremonial actions as a priest would in Temple worship Rev 14:14-19 8) Angels come out of the temple of the tabernacle of testimony in heaven with the 7 plagues as priest would bring out bowls of water during the libation ceremony of Sukkot Rev 15:5-8

Upvote 0

Eprom

Nov 25, 2004
✟3,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
(Hebrews 5:5-6, Ps 110:4) Messiah acts as the High Priest in the order of Melchizedek: Personal appearance and voice of Melchizedek - Rev 1:10-20, Melchizedek Instructs John about the churches - Rev 2 - 3, Melchizedek calls John through the open door up to heaven - Rev 4:1-2, Melchizedek instructs John to eat the little book - Rev 10:8-11, Melchizedek instructs John to measure the temple - Rev 11:1-3, Melchizedek releases the ark of the covenant - Rev 11:19, Melchizedek cries out from heaven - Rev 12:10-12, Melchizedek's voice is heard from heaven - Rev 14:2, Melchizedek speaks from heaven - Rev 14:13, Melchizedek commands the seven angels to pour out their plagues in the earth - Rev 16:1, Melchizedek directs the Hallelujah chorus - Rev 19:5, Melchizedek introduces John to the Tabernacle of God - Rev 21:3

Upvote 0

Eprom

Nov 25, 2004
✟3,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The book of Hebrews discusses how Christ is now the High Priest in the order of MELCHIZEDEK, and the Heavenly Tabernacle from chapter 5 to chapter 13, and here we find specific references throughout the book of Revelation regarding the Heavenly Tabernacle / Temple in Revelation 3:12, 7:15, 11:1, 19, 13:6, 14:15, 15:5, 6, 8, 16:1, 17, 21:3, 22. However, we can also find specific references to or allusions to all of the elements within the Wilderness Tabernacle / Temple, including: The Menorah Rev 1:10 - 16, The Brazen Sea Rev 4:2, 15:2, The Lamb Sacrifice Rev 5:5-6, The Priesthood Rev 5:9, 10, The Altar Rev 6:9-10, 8:3, The Ark of the Covenant Rev 11:19, and The Showbread Table Rev 14:14-20.

Upvote 0

Eprom

Nov 25, 2004
✟3,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So one of the key verses that we need to wrap our heads around is Hebrews 7:12 "For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also." So, the first thing we need to understand is why certain laws were abrogated from the Old Testament, such as the dietary regulations; is because we are under this new priesthood where Christ is our high priest in the order of Melchizedek. This is not to say many of the laws of the Old Testament are not re-affirmed in the New Testament - all of the 10 commandments are re-affirmed in the New Testament over and again except for the Sabbath, as the Sabbath is now embodied in the person of Jesus Christ, and He is our rest! (Hebrews 1 - 4) Also, the sacrificial laws have been completely abrogated (this is also for you journeyman) as (Hebrews. 9:11-12) "But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption." The shadows of all the sacrifices in the Old Testament 1) Burnt Offering, 2) Grain and Wine Offering, 3) Peace Offering, 4) Sin Offering, and 5) The Transgression Offering, could never compare with Christ's one-time perfect gift of His own blood!

So if Christ is our High Priest in the order of Melchizedek, who are we? 1) We as believers are all Royal Priests (1Peter 2:9) "But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’s OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." And the fact of our Royal Priesthood is re-affirmed in Titus 2:14, Revelation 1:6, and Revelation 5:10. 2) We (our lives and bodies) are the sacrifice (Romans 12:1) "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." Also, see the following verses on Christians being the sacrifice: Philippians 2:17-18, 1 Peter 2:5, and Hebrews 13:5. 3) And finally, we (Christians) are the Temple of God (1Peter 2:4-5) "And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." Also, see the following verses on Christians being God's Temple: Ephesians 2:19-22, 1 Corinthians 3:16-17, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 2 Corinthians 6:16, Revelation 3:12.

So now we understand that Christ is our High Priest in the order of Melchizedek, and Christians are priests, the sacrifice and God's Temple, we can look at the book of Revelations with fresh eyes and not with the eyes of a cessationist who sees no connection between the Old Testament and the New Testament. Since one of the main themes of the book of Revelation is clearly about the operation of the Heavenly Tabernacle (Revelation 3:12, 7:15, 11:1, 19, 13:6, 14:15, 15:5, 6, 8, 16:1, 17, 21:3, 22.), and we can find all of the elements of the Wilderness Tabernacle and Solomon's Temple in it (The Menorah Rev 1:10 - 16, The Brazen Sea Rev 4:2, 15:2, The Lamb Sacrifice Rev 5:5-6, The Priesthood Rev 5:9, 10, The Altar Rev 6:9-10, 8:3, Ark of the Covenant Rev 11:19, and the Showbread Table Rev 14:14-20.) the High Priest must be here somewhere! Without question, the vision John sees in Revelation 1:10-20 is our glorified Saviour as he says in (Revelation 1:17-18) "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." I am simply assigning Him the title Melchizedek because that is who we know he is within the context of this Heavenly Tabernacle in the Book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

Eprom

Nov 25, 2004
✟3,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For those interested in the topic of The Heavenly Tabernacle, I've put a mindmap together of many of the verses on the following sub-topics:
- Messiah and the Earthly Temple
- Ecclesia's destiny is the Tabernacle
- Elements of Temple / Tabernacle in Revelation
- 10 Celebrations of Worship in Revelation
Check out the: Heavenly Tabernacle Mindmap

Upvote 0