The great falling away, to apostasy sin, or into Messiah?

The falling away, is into rebellion or into Messiah?

• The falling away is into Messiah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There are two raptures, 7 and 3 years before He comes

• There are three raptures, 7, 3 and at His return

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John Fenn taught on youtube that this scripture is mistranslated:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 KJV
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

He says from Greek, the word that gives us the English word "apostasy" refers to falling away, as a ship going over the horizon. Not sin. That it does not make sense that there are many who turn into sin from the true faith, before the Anti-Christ is revealed. But rather that we fall away, over into the Messiah. Then without the righteous, there is the revelation of the Anti-Christ.

Using also the Hebrew traditions of the coming Messiah, feast of trumpets, the last horn and the salvation of the fully righteous, also looking at the intermediates, and the fully wicked. With some changing in the last few years.

I checked non KJV translations to find they exemplify the interpretation that the falling away is considered to mean a great rebellion. And apostasy means fallen to a state of sin from true teaching, down.

Howard Storm believes the rapture only happens as Christ returns, I think he teaches there is no future Anti-Christ. No nuclear war...

So is the falling away, into Messiah or sin? Is there more than one rapture, with changing sides?
On a side note, John Fenn has way too many visitations by God , which in itself ,is suspect. His teachings must be throughly scrutinized and discerned. My observation comes from a Charismatic viewpoint.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

He says from Greek, the word that gives us the English word "apostasy" refers to falling away, as a ship going over the horizon. Not sin. That it does not make sense that there are many who turn into sin from the true faith, before the Anti-Christ is revealed. But rather that we fall away, over into the Messiah. Then without the righteous, there is the revelation of the Anti-Christ.

Using also the Hebrew traditions of the coming Messiah, feast of trumpets, the last horn and the salvation of the fully righteous, also looking at the intermediates, and the fully wicked. With some changing in the last few years.

I checked non KJV translations to find they exemplify the interpretation that the falling away is considered to mean a great rebellion. And apostasy means fallen to a state of sin from true teaching, down.

Howard Storm believes the rapture only happens as Christ returns, I think he teaches there is no future Anti-Christ. No nuclear war...

So is the falling away, into Messiah or sin? Is there more than one rapture, with changing sides?
Here is your Revelation: the Antichrist now walks the earth and his name is Barron William Trump!

Upvote 0

Chris Thomas Shepherd

Jul 24, 2022
Pacific Northwest
✟19,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's quite unkind to type in.
I am unsure how that is unkind. According to my interpretations of a number of prophecies, he is the only possible person that fits the profile:
1) the number 666 in Roman Numerals (the numbering system used at the time of writing of Revelation) is DC LX VI, which can be interpreted as Washington (DC) elects (LX) 51 (VI) the 51st president of the USA. The 51st president will be elected in November 2060.
2) again, based upon my interpretation of Daniels vision of the Ram and the Goat, the biblical large horn is George HW Bush and per prophecy, the following 4 horns are Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama and Trump. Daniel 8 states 'out of one of them comes the little horn' of infamy, which I took to mean that one of the four will sire a son who will be the little horn. Only one of the four sired sons - Donald Trump.
3) The number 666 (DCLXVI) is a human number. The most human number we have is our age.
So, it would make sense that the Antichrist would come to power at age 666 (Holy months, or 30 day months). The 1st day of the 666th holy month of Barron Trump's life is also election day November 2nd 2060.
I wrote a book, 'The Trumpets', which goes into greater detail about how my interpretations of biblical prophecy were determined.
So, I apologize if you felt that my words were unkind, but they were completely rooted in biblical translation of prophecy.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I hate Andy Woods "departure" interpretation with perfect hatred.
Because it says that the bible contains error and you have to cherrypick a specific bible version to get it to say what you want it to say.

as for raptures, there are 2 ways to look at it, and that is to say, whether you think the rapture of the 2 witnesses is a separate rapture from the one for everyone else, which I don't.

I view the first half of Revelation 11 as part of Revelation 10 (chapters and verses are not Inspired) which is a parenthetical section, not Chronological. There's not 3.5 years between the 6th and 7th trumpets.
So I actually see basically..

1. the first 4 seals happen, they are pre "tribulation" events, pre 70th week, and are the chaos that allows the Antichrist to come to power, offering solutions to the problems the 4 horsemen caused. Note that there is no timing markers in Revelation 6 except the 6th seal which Jesus says comes after the tribulation of those days, which would indicate that the great tribulation Jesus referred to, was the 5th seal, which seems to be confirmed in Revelation 7.
That'd place 3.5 years at least between the 4th seal, and 5th seal.
2. Anyway, after the first 4 seals happen, Antichrist comes into power, and over the next few years you have relative peace, a false peace. The two witnesses start their ministry during this time, when things seem like they're going well.
3. Then at the midpoint, Antichrist violates the covenant, invades Jerusalem, and there's the abomination of desolation.
4. 5th seal, happens, and during this period of time the saints are persecuted and martyred, 2/3 of Israel die, and towards the end of it, the 2 witnesses are killed.
5. At this point in time, there's a great earthquake and the signs of the 6th seal occur, the 1/3 of Israel that are alive and elect call out for Yeshua, Jesus returns, the 2 witnesses, along with all the dead in Christ are resurrected, and those who are alive and remain are raptured.
6. Then the wrath of God begins, the trumpets and bowls.
7. Revelation 19 is not the second coming, John is in heaven when the heavens open up and He sees Jesus, Jesus is already on Earth. The popular imagery of Jesus riding a flying white horse is wrong.
Jesus returns to earth on a cloud, not a horse.

But if you view the entire book Chronological, then you'd have up to 3 resurrections, the one at the 6th seal, the one of the two witnesses just before the 7th trumpet if you see 3.5 years between the 6th and 7th trumpet, and the one after Revelation 19 where you have the martyred saints being resurrected and ruling during the Millennium, and you'd have a 4th if you insist that Revelation 4:1 is a rapture (which I find to be an erroneous interpretation but many pre trib claim that's what it is)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Greek word translated as "falling away" in 2 Thess 2:3 is apostasia (Strong's G646). It is only used in one other verse.

Acts 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake (apostasia) Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

In this verse it's used in the context of rebellion against or rejection of the law of Moses.

So, this would support the case that the word is used in the context of rebellion in 2 Thess 2:3, which I believe it clearly is.

Also, Paul talked elsewhere about many falling away from the faith in the latter days as well.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Of course, people had already been departing the faith to some extent by the time Paul wrote that, so Paul was clearly not just talking generally there. That is evidenced by the fact that he was talking about something that would be happening "in the latter times". So, the context indicates that he was talking about a time when that would be happening more frequently which lines up with the view that he was writing about a mass falling away from the faith happening at some point in the future in 2 Thess 2:3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I voted one rapture when he comes in vengeance to eternally separate all who rejected God and his Gospel.
This is what chapter one states...,

4 Therefore, we speak of you with pride among the churches of God for your steadfastness [your unflinching endurance, and patience] and your firm faith in the midst of all the persecution and [crushing] distress which you endure.

5 This is a positive proof of the righteous judgment of God [a sign of His fair verdict], so that you will be considered worthy of His kingdom, for which indeed you are suffering.

6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, 7 and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, 8 dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him].

9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives].

• Agree
Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Greek word translated as "falling away" in 2 Thess 2:3 is apostasia (Strong's G646). It is only used in one other verse.

Acts 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake (apostasia) Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

In this verse it's used in the context of rebellion against or rejection of the law of Moses.

So, this would support the case that the word is used in the context of rebellion in 2 Thess 2:3, which I believe it clearly is.

Also, Paul talked elsewhere about many falling away from the faith in the latter days as well.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Of course, people had already been departing the faith to some extent by the time Paul wrote that, so Paul was clearly not just talking generally there. That is evidenced by the fact that he was talking about something that would be happening "in the latter times". So, the context indicates that he wase talking about a time when that would be happening more frequently which lines up with the view that he was writing about a mass falling away from the faith happening at some point in the future in 2 Thess 2:3.

Well said.
This is 2Thess 2 Amplified,

2 Now in regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to meet Him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to be quickly unsettled or alarmed either by a [so-called prophetic revelation of a] spirit or a message or a letter [alleged to be] from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has [already] come.

3 Let no one in any way deceive or entrap you, for that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first [that is, the great rebellion, the abandonment of the faith by professed Christians], and the man of lawlessness is revealed,

Reactions: Spiritual Jew
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts 21:21
And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

The word forsake in this passage is the same Greek word as falling away in 2 Thessalonians. This is a departing from the faith not the planet!

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

This is a clearly stated departing from the faith the definition of apostasy.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

IMO many people try too hard the manipulate the meaning of falling away in 2 Thessalonians to fit their own doctrine. When comparing scripture with scripture and the same Greek word used in Acts 21:21 and 2 Thessalonians 2:3 it should be obvious what the falling away is. What it is not is a departure from the planet (pre-trib rapture) or falling away into the Messiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have heard:
The trouble with the "falling away" being the rapture is they are essentially saying that the rapture will not happen until the rapture happens.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding the argument.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have heard:
The trouble with the "falling away" being the rapture is they are essentially saying that the rapture will not happen until the rapture happens.
Perhaps I am misunderstanding the argument.
Yeah that is an issue. the passage makes no grammatical sense if they make it the rapture. It's a bad interpretation, and declares most English bible translations in error, and that God does not preserve His word which is terrible theology.

It makes perfect sense if Paul says that the second coming and rapture come after the revealing of Antichrist, because it agrees with the timing Jesus gives in Matthew 24.

Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Of course, people had already been departing the faith to some extent by the time Paul wrote that, so Paul was clearly not just talking generally there. That is evidenced by the fact that he was talking about something that would be happening "in the latter times". So, the context indicates that he was talking about a time when that would be happening more frequently which lines up with the view that he was writing about a mass falling away from the faith happening at some point in the future in 2 Thess 2:3.
I concur that Paul was referring to a mass falling away from faith in a future time from the 1st century when he wrote the epistle. We are living in that future that Paul spoke about! Did you not notice that the apostasy started during the Age of Enlightenment in Europe in 1685 and increased with Darwin's theory of evolution in 1859?

After WWII, the pace (Apostasy) increased and reached a crescendo in the rebellious '60s and '70s. The USA, the West's last Christian frontier, has become increasingly apostate with the promotion of Gay rights, etc. Europe today is statistically 50% atheist, 30% superficial or nominal Christian and 20% genuine believers. Even the 20% that genuinely believe (born again) can easily be attributed to the influx of immigrants.

In God's end-time calendar, we are presently in the Days of the 'Black Horse Rider', Rev 6:5-6. Things are not going to get any better in 2023: by Christmas next year, whoever reads this post now will remember this statement! This is the time for the faithful to look up to heaven and make the necessary alignments in their life as we brace for the great tribulation and subsequent return of our Lord in glory.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I concur that Paul was referring to a mass falling away from faith in a future time from the 1st century when he wrote the epistle. We are living in that future that Paul spoke about! Did you not notice that the apostasy started during the Age of Enlightenment in Europe in 1685 and increased with Darwin's theory of evolution in 1859?

After WWII, the pace (Apostasy) increased and reached a crescendo in the rebellious '60s and '70s. The USA, the West's last Christian frontier, has become increasingly apostate with the promotion of Gay rights, etc. Europe today is statistically 50% atheist, 30% superficial or nominal Christian and 20% genuine believers. Even the 20% that genuinely believe (born again) can easily be attributed to the influx of immigrants.

In God's end-time calendar, we are presently in the Days of the 'Black Horse Rider', Rev 6:5-6. Things are not going to get any better in 2023: by Christmas next year, whoever reads this post now will remember this statement! This is the time for the faithful to look up to heaven and make the necessary alignments in their life as we brace for the great tribulation and subsequent return of our Lord in glory.
Before people fall away, they must be genuine converts. Holy Spirit inside. Not only creeds. Many should hold offices, like apostles and pastors... It is only now, that vast numbers are being collected into the Kingdom, in Africa, India, China, South America... some choose not to repent, but more prayer and some of them come in. Jesus will not return to find a world which He must judge without them knowing His grace as an option and Way. Not like Genesis 6 and 7. So Jesus had to preach to them between His death and resurrection. But He did ask in the Gospel, if He will find faith on Earth, when He returns.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have wondered about the term falling away here and in other places.
John in his first epistle has language that seems to say that people must needs to fall away because it shows they were never with us to start with.

1Jn 2:18-19
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Also, Jesus stated that there will be some who from all outward appearances were believers, yet He said "I never knew you."
Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
1 Timothy 4:1-5 NKJV
1Now the Spirit [a]expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

And Hebrews 6:6 NKJV
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6[c]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think somewhere in Acts it is already written, and remains written, that the Gospel was delivered to all the nations . This is not seen very often anywhere, but is still in Acts, and never changed.

Somewhere else there is a reference to those people who don't have Scripture/Torah/ and what happens to them, who is justified and who is not.

I believe Jesus returns for those eagerly watching/looking for Him, DOing His Will as described thru the Bible, not neglecting nor shirking His instructions/Word.
Romans 2:15 ?
Mark 13:3-10 NKJV
3Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately, 4“Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?”

5And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 6For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many. 7But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet. 8For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines [a]and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.

9“But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will [c]be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them. 10And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

It is a departing, not a falling away. Paul is talking about the great departing of the church as in the "gathering." It is the restraining power being "taken out of the way" so that the man of sin will be revealed at the proper time.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is a departing, not a falling away. Paul is talking about the great departing of the church as in the "gathering." It is the restraining power being "taken out of the way" so that the man of sin will be revealed at the proper time.
This is departing from the faith not the planet.
Acts 21:21
And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.
Forsake is the same Greek word as in Thessalonians, “apostasia”. It is a misuse of the word to try to make it say departure from the planet.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Ever considered that the falling away is actually the revelation of the apostate church, the harlot who will walk hand in hand with the beast?

SHE never knew nor belonged to Christ to begin with - she only claims to.

Just watch...

The angels are calling...

Last edited:
Upvote 0