Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
debate.jpg

The great divide

I tried to watch the debate this morning on youtube, could not watch for even 15 minutes. Our leaders merely reflect the state of our country, no listening, just shouting, and character assassination. While I cannot vote Democrat, because the abortion issue for me is not just "one issue", but has deep moral implications that block me from being a Democrat.

The slippery slope is getting very steep, and those on it may not be able to get off. The abortions issue is a very ugly symptom of a deep 'rot' in our culture, that I believe we all need to take responsibility for, so we can seek some way to stop this decline. The weakest and most vulnerable have no one to speak for them, our laws just get more liberal.

I have friends who are pro-choice, I can't go that route. As the laws become more liberal, we are not at the end of this long tortuous road, and I fear it may be the real dividing line. I just pray that it does not lead, in the not to distant future to even more violence, as the left and the right line up over this issue.

For me this is a civil rights issue as it is for many. Those who believe in the power of prayer, need to pray for the grace to look within, and not to be afraid of how each of us may need to deepen our understanding of pro-life to include other issues in our society. If I am pro-life, then I need to be so in other areas where life is cheapened, and there are many.

Yelling, insulting is not in any way a form of communication. Trump and Biden, again, are just a symptom, a mirror we need to look into and say.....yes I may also be part of the problem.

This is not a political sided entry, for I am truly and 'idiot' when it comes to politi
cs.--Br.MD

Reactions: Charlie24