bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MorningStar is Rick Joyner's ministry, with the occasional Todd Bentley sprinkled in. You'd be better off taking the money and going to Disney World.

MorningStar has a video podcast. If you want to see what they do, I suggest subscribing to the podcasts. I also suggest keeping an open Bible with you at all times as well.

Upvote 0

disciple-ofjesus

Dec 23, 2009
New York
✟2,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yeah *sigh* what "good" could come out of there. MAN, I have never seen such nastiness. GO. ENJOY! I just heard the most amazing worship from a conference there. Bible, IF you want a link I will pm it to you. I can't handle the constant negative stuff. PLEASE, take it with a grain of salt. If I could go, I would.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My uncle offered to send me to the Morning Star Ministries "Great awakening" Conference, I agreed to go, ( Why not right!) But I have no idea what actually happens there. Have any of you guys been to a morning star event? If so, then what was it like?

Their conferences are usually large in size. Probably in the thousands. They are usually attended by people from all over, geographically and from different church backrounds. It is Charismatic and will likely have a lot of worship/music time mixed in with the teaching sessions.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinijbeK7LY&feature=related

I have never been to a Morning Star conference myself , but I know that they are very much into worship music and it is good quality music. They teach a lot about spiritual warfare and the prophetic.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people in this forum have a problem with you thinking for yourself, and feel it necessary to tell you at every opportunity what you ought or ought not to do.

I say, do what you want and make up your own mind.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Pat Colby

Apr 12, 2010
✟425.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My uncle offered to send me to the Morning Star Ministries "Great awakening" Conference, I agreed to go, ( Why not right!) But I have no idea what actually happens there. Have any of you guys been to a morning star event? If so, then what was it like?
Hello, are you aware that Rick Joiner is a part of the Extreme Prophetic movement and NAR. His teachings about visions and angels and flattering prophesies that have damaged people because they were false are extrabiblical. As are the latter rain doctrines. Read up on what he teaches and prayerfully check it against scripture. The Spirit will lead you into all truth, He is there to teach. Listen to the Spirit, not men. You can here from God yourself. People get off track when they listen to men and not God. Alot of this movement is centered around the leaders, and people hold them up as God's mouthpiece, instead of hearing what God id saying to them individually. Pat.

Upvote 0

Pat Colby

Apr 12, 2010
✟425.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MorningStar is Rick Joyner's ministry, with the occasional Todd Bentley sprinkled in. You'd be better off taking the money and going to Disney World.

MorningStar has a video podcast. If you want to see what they do, I suggest subscribing to the podcasts. I also suggest keeping an open Bible with you at all times as well.
Well said Faulty.Thanks for your input.Pat.

Upvote 0

Pat Colby

Apr 12, 2010
✟425.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some people in this forum have a problem with you thinking for yourself, and feel it necessary to tell you at every opportunity what you ought or ought not to do.

It's no big deal,the op asked,so we are all giving our advice.Thanks,Pat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pat Colby

Apr 12, 2010
✟425.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I meant to tell you,that your daughter is cute.:)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's no big deal,the op asked,so we are all giving our advice.Thanks,Pat.

Yup. I don't know anything about the OP, but if they have any maturity in the faith, they will exercise discernment in this matter, which is exactly why I suggested they look at the video podcasts and see for themselves.

If they are not yet mature enough to exercise much discernment, then it would foolish for me, indeed even dangerous for me, to tell such a person to just 'GO', without a warning.

I recall Jesus telling us that if we cause the little children who believe in him to stumble and fall, it would be better that a great millstone were hung around our neck and we were cast into the sea. Some people act very loose and reckless in regards to that warning.

Knowing what I know about this particular group, especially with their strong NAR affiliations, I could never NOT warn anyone concerning them, regardless of what the anti-discernment apologists choose to think about it.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yup. I don't know anything about the OP, but if they have any maturity in the faith, they will exercise discernment in this matter, which is exactly why I suggested they look at the video podcasts and see for themselves.

As long as they come to the same conclusion as you have, then they have been "exercis[ing] discernment". But if they come to a different conclusion, then they have no "maturity in the faith".

See how subtle this manipulation is? It equates to "I want you to see for yourself, but only as long as you agree with my 'mature discernment'". IOW, I don't want you to see for yourself, unless you are willing to agree with me.

The truth is, most people don't want others to "see for themselves", no matter how much they say otherwise, and all you have to do is listen to them to hear it. Instead, they want others to agree with them without question after "seeing for themselves", and if they don't, they will become classified as "anti-discernment apologists" for daring to have a different opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pat Colby

Apr 12, 2010
✟425.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If they are not yet mature enough to exercise much discernment, then it would foolish for me, indeed even dangerous for me, to tell such a person to just 'GO', without a warning.

I recall Jesus telling us that if we cause the little children who believe in him to stumble and fall, it would be better that a great millstone were hung around our neck and we were cast into the sea. Some people act very loose and reckless in regards to that warning.

Knowing what I know about this particular group, especially with their strong NAR affiliations, I could never NOT warn anyone concerning them, regardless of what the anti-discernment apologists choose to think about it.
Absolutely.Even the unsaved warn each other,how much more the Chruch of God.

Upvote 0

disciple-ofjesus

Dec 23, 2009
New York
✟2,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"advice" or criticism...advice...criticism....hm...leaning towards criticize at every opportunity.

GOOD post Probby....only if everyone things bad of a ministry are we using discernment. Otherwise we ain't wise 'nuff, discernin' or gee golly...even mature...I am glad I don't listen to what man says, but what my Poppa tells me! He is an awesome Poppa.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Judges 16
1Now Samson went to Gaza and saw a harlot there, and went in to her.

2When it was told to the Gazites, saying, "Samson has come here," they surrounded the place and lay in wait for him all night at the gate of the city. And they kept silent all night, saying, "Let us wait until the morning light, then we will kill him."

3Now Samson lay until midnight, and at midnight he arose and took hold of the doors of the city gate and the two posts and pulled them up along with the bars; then he put them on his shoulders and carried them up to the top of the mountain which is opposite Hebron.

It requires a considerable amount of discernment to determine someone like Samson was indeed a man of God. He had some pretty deep character flaws, mostly concerning his love for Philistine women. Anyone with the slightest amount of biblical teaching at the time could easily "discern" that this man was unfit to lead the people of Israel as a Judge, yet God was unmoved in His choice for using this man.

Those who side with God are going to accept the Man He chooses to use. The Pharisees chose their Bible over the Man that God sent to teach them, and had Him crucified. Unfortunately nobody else available has the same purity and lack of sinful nature as Christ. All we can do is discern whether God has chosen to use somebody or not, and then pray that person doesn't abuse his position to the same extent as Samson.

Sometimes it is "safer" to avoid those anointed by God, simply because we personally are susceptible to their flaws. Yet I also feel is is unwise to encourage everybody else to avoid them too. The benefits of the anointing of God far out weigh the personal indiscretions of the man.

True discernment IMO is to separate the man from the mission. The mission is of God, the man is always flawed. If we keep our eyes on God rather than His servants, we will be open to benefit from all that He is doing.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True discernment IMO is to separate the man from the mission. The mission is of God, the man is always flawed. If we keep our eyes on God rather than His servants, we will be open to benefit from all that He is doing.

:thumbsup:

Brilliantly stated.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Unless, of course, what he wants to do is take the advice of those who have said "don't go", right?

I mean, is there any reason why you posted this except to try to get people not to listen to those with whom you disagree?

Think for yourself = how Pete thinks but not how Faulty thinks, right?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Upvote 0