USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought that it would be fitting to make my first post about the Gospel Christ shared from his Father.

John 3:16-17
16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

An important part of the gospel is to believe that Yeshua is God's begotten Son and that his Father is God. This important distinction is sometimes glanced over, but it's nevertheless important and critical so I mean to point it out.

Yeshua the Christ's God and Father revealed through him the gospel:

John 12:49-50
49For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. 50And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”

The gospel is, therefore, the power of God the Father unto salvation for all who believe:

Romans 1:16
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Therefore, God chose the man Yeshua of Nazareth to be our mediator between us and Himself:

1 Timothy 2:5
5For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

In God the Father.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In Matthew 4:17-23, Christ began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, and God's law is how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is central to the Gospel message. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21), so living in obedience to God's law is intrinsically part of the concept of Christ saving us from not living in obedience to it and of what it means to believed in him. In Isaiah 51:7, the righteous are those on whose heart is God's law, so the righteous living by faith does not refer to a manner of living that is not in obedience to it.

Reactions: Runningman
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought that it would be fitting to make my first post about the Gospel Christ shared from his Father.

16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

An important part of the gospel is to believe that Yeshua is God's begotten Son and that his Father is God. This important distinction is sometimes glanced over, but it's nevertheless important and critical so I mean to point it out.

49For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. 50And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”

The gospel is, therefore, the power of God the Father unto salvation for all who believe:

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Therefore, God chose the man Yeshua of Nazareth to be our mediator between us and Himself:

5For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

In God the Father.
This is not quite the Christian world view. Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God in the flesh. Though there are many verses, as you pointed out, that distinguishes the Father and the Son, there are multiple verses in scripture that make them One including His Holy Spirit. This is what we have come to call the "trinity". The Gospel is about the Kingdom of God and Jesus Christ of Nazareth is our Lord and King.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is not quite the Christian world view. Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God in the flesh. Though there are many verses, as you pointed out, that distinguishes the Father and the Son, there are multiple verses in scripture that make them One including His Holy Spirit. This is what we have come to call the "trinity". The Gospel is about the Kingdom of God and Jesus Christ of Nazareth is our Lord and King.
Blessings.

Or one is God and the other isn't. All through the Bible one is God and the other is a human; even the Old Testament prophecies show Yeshua as a man who needed time to learn to refuse evil and choose good. Yeshua underwent spiritual growth and development with God. Therefore, he was not God in the flesh. The gospel requires one believe Yeshua is the Son of God not that he is God.

Isaiah 7:14-16
14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.15Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

Luke 2:52
52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

I hope that helps. God bless.

Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In other words the righteous put God's will ahead of our own

Yes exactly. Just like Yeshua did:

Luke 22:42
42saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or one is God and the other isn't. All through the Bible one is God and the other is a human; even the Old Testament prophecies show Yeshua as a man who needed time to learn to refuse evil and choose good. Yeshua underwent spiritual growth and development with God. Therefore, he was not God in the flesh. The gospel requires one believe Yeshua is the Son of God not that he is God.

Isaiah 7:14-16
14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.15Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

Luke 2:52
52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

I hope that helps. God bless.
I was hoping to help you.
Thanks for sharing,
Be blessed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Runningman
Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you are saying the chosen one must only do the will of God, never putting His own will first, including dying as required in order for the Kingdom to come into fruition and establish Himself as worthy of it's leadership?
Not sure how this is related to the topic of the gospel, but one should do what God asks of them. However, God doesn’t always ask the same things from everyone.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

In God the Father.
"This forum is for non-believers seeking to know about Christianity. This forum is NOT for Apologetics or debates."

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"This forum is for non-believers seeking to know about Christianity. This forum is NOT for Apologetics or debates."

This isn’t an apologetics or debate thread but I suppose as far as debating goes it’ll depend on your reaction; however, I won’t reciprocate. This thread is informative about the gospel,I.e, will help non-believers learn about Christianity.

Thanks for sharing and I hope that clears it up for you. God bless.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"This forum is for non-believers seeking to know about Christianity."

Basic to Christianity is the doctrine of the Trinity--Father, Son and Holy Spirit--three persons in one God.
It is likewise unique to Christianity.
It is a doctrine of the infinite God, most clearly stated in Jn 1:1-15, which finite man cannot quite get his mind around.

In Jn 1:1-15, it is revealed that the Word is God, and that the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and in whom all the fullness of God dwells (Col 1:19).
It is one of the mysteries hidden for long ages past, now revealed in the NT.

To deny the Trinity is to scale down the gospel and deny the majesty of God. It makes God too small and thereby robs him of his glory (Ex 14:4).
It is the heart, core and meaning of the Christian faith in God--God the Father ordaining the plan of salvation, God the Son carrying out the plan of salvation, and God the Holy Spirit applying the benefits of the plan of salvation.

"Salvation is the LORD's!". . .Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Rev 7:10).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Basic to Christianity is the doctrine of the Trinity--Father, Son and Holy Spirit--three persons in one God.
It is likewise unique to Christianity.
It is a doctrine of the infinite God, most clearly stated in Jn 1:1-15, which finite man cannot quite get his mind around.

In Jn 1:1-15, it is revealed that the Word is God, and that the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and in whom all the fullness of God dwells (Col 1:19).
It is one of the mysteries hidden for long ages past, now revealed in the NT.

To deny the Trinity is to scale down the gospel and deny the majesty of God. It makes God too small and thereby robs him of his glory (Ex 14:4).
It is the heart, core and meaning of the Christian faith in God--God the Father ordaining the plan of salvation, God the Son carrying out the plan of salvation, and God the Holy Spirit applying the benefits of the plan of salvation.

"Salvation is the LORD's!". . .Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Rev 7:10).

You just told me this isn’t a theology or debate forum, but now you’re countering the topic of this thread with Trinitarianism theological debate points while attempting to derail it as well. Non-believers aren’t going to learn anything useful if you won’t follow your own example.

Shouldn’t you just open a different thread?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You just told me this isn’t a theology or debate forum, but now you’re countering the topic of this thread with Trinitarianism theological debate points while attempting to derail it as well. Non-believers aren’t going to learn anything useful if you won’t follow your own example.

This thread is the gospel of the NT which is replete with Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If you don't want them mentioned, then don't talk about the gospel of the NT.

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This thread is the gospel of the NT which is replete with Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If you don't want them mentioned, then don't talk about the gospel of the NT.

The gospel says believes Yeshua is God’s Son not that believing Yehsua is God. Your gospel is false.

God is Yeshua’s Father. Do you believe the gospel according to John 3:16?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

That's a weak argument on any forum.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The gospel says believes Yeshua is God’s Son not that believing Yehsua is God. Your gospel is false.

Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you a believer that the gospel says to believe Yehsua is God’s Son, yes or no? If not, this thread is for you. If yes, what is your point?

There are non-believers trying to learn here. Don’t muddy the waters anymore please.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married