The Gospel Turned Upside Down: Female Protestant Minister Says God Led Her to Abort

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Christianity has always had a high regard for mothers, viewing motherhood as a gift from God, and heralding mothers in both the Old and New Testaments as chosen instruments in God’s sovereign plan.” —Dr. Kathryn Rombs

Before I introduce you to a female pastor claiming abortion can be a moral good, I wanted to begin with something beautiful. I chose the words from Dr. Kathryn Rombs’ new book: Motherhood: An Extraordinary Vocation. Her thoughts are tonic for the disturbing opinion piece in USA Today (now hidden behind a paywall) titled: “I’m a Christian minister who’s had 2 abortions. Here’s how faith informed those decisions.”

Meet its author, Rebecca Todd Peters, a Presbyterian pastor and professor of religious studies who claims that God helped her decide to end the lives of two of her four children. I wonder how the living ones will ultimately feel about this. Lucky? Predestined? Resentful or conflicted at the power their mother yielded over their lives and those of their absent siblings?

Peters proudly claimed: “I did not make my abortion decisions despite my Christian identify and faith, but rather because of it.” Here is just a sampling of corrupted Christian truths she twisted into diabolical delusions:

“Christian values that support healthy and secure families also require careful, thoughtful and morally rich consideration about the decision to become a parent or not.”

Continued below.
The Gospel Turned Upside Down: Female Protestant Minister Says God Led Her to Abort

• Prayers
Reactions: archer75

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
“Christianity has always had a high regard for mothers, viewing motherhood as a gift from God, and heralding mothers in both the Old and New Testaments as chosen instruments in God’s sovereign plan.” —Dr. Kathryn Rombs

Before I introduce you to a female pastor claiming abortion can be a moral good, I wanted to begin with something beautiful. I chose the words from Dr. Kathryn Rombs’ new book: Motherhood: An Extraordinary Vocation. Her thoughts are tonic for the disturbing opinion piece in USA Today (now hidden behind a paywall) titled: “I’m a Christian minister who’s had 2 abortions. Here’s how faith informed those decisions.”

Meet its author, Rebecca Todd Peters, a Presbyterian pastor and professor of religious studies who claims that God helped her decide to end the lives of two of her four children. I wonder how the living ones will ultimately feel about this. Lucky? Predestined? Resentful or conflicted at the power their mother yielded over their lives and those of their absent siblings?

Peters proudly claimed: “I did not make my abortion decisions despite my Christian identify and faith, but rather because of it.” Here is just a sampling of corrupted Christian truths she twisted into diabolical delusions:

“Christian values that support healthy and secure families also require careful, thoughtful and morally rich consideration about the decision to become a parent or not.”

Continued below.
If I found out my mom killed two of my siblings, and then bragged about it, I would be repulsed. I couldn't live in that house. I couldn't attend the church she was a minister in, or the denomination that tolerates her membership.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Some other god, I imagine.

There's a mode of the parallel church Vigano talks about.
The Holy Spirit called and wants His Church back.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
“The fact that the social, physical and moral well-being of children is primarily the responsibility of parents meant that my husband and I thought carefully and deeply about our decisions to have and not have children.”

One would assume someone like her would find birth control morally acceptable. So it begs the question did she consider protection before having unprotected sex?

Her comments regard thoughtful consideration don’t add up.

“The fact that the social, physical and moral well-being of children is primarily the responsibility of parents meant that my husband and I thought carefully and deeply about our decisions to have and not have children.”

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0