U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We don't know what Luke believed, other than that he followed Paul. So Luke's perspective of what he thought he perfectly understood wouldn't have been that of a Gospel of the Kingdom Disciple who had literally followed Jesus 42 months. Many things Luke says doesn't match that of the Disciples of the Kingdom... Matthew and John and James and Peter and the Revelation. Several things only Luke says. I don't feel comfortable believing hearsay over first-hand Disciples.

I don't judge between the Books, it's all the word of God. It's true there maybe clearer understanding in the other apostles writing depending on the situation at hand, but then again Luke writing could have clearer understanding as well.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... .

Matt 24:14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Gal 1:6-9
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel, 7 which is not just another account; but there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, even now I say again: if anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Gal 3:8
8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.”

Rom 2:13-16
13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of mankind through Christ Jesus.

Rev 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven with an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation, tribe, language, and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth, and sea and springs of waters.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Matt 24:14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel, 7 which is not just another account; but there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, even now I say again: if anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “All the nations will be blessed in you.”

Rom 2:13-16
13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of mankind through Christ Jesus.

6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven with an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation, tribe, language, and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth, and sea and springs of waters.

Awesome verses, you hit hard on Gal 1: 6-9. I see you brought forth the nation through Abraham in Gal 3:8. You also brought forth obedient/doers of the law and not just hearers in Rom 2: 13-16. And ended and or confirm the nation with Rev 14:6-7. I enjoyed that reading of the word, brother BobRyan.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
We don't know what Luke believed, other than that he followed Paul. So Luke's perspective of what he thought he perfectly understood wouldn't have been that of a Gospel of the Kingdom Disciple who had literally followed Jesus 42 months. Many things Luke says doesn't match that of the Disciples of the Kingdom... Matthew and John and James and Peter and the Revelation. Several things only Luke says. I don't feel comfortable believing hearsay over first-hand Disciples.

I don't judge between the Books, it's all the word of God. It's true there maybe clearer understanding in the other apostles writing depending on the situation at hand, but then again Luke writing could have clearer understanding as well.

Luke would have first-hand knowledge of parts of Paul's life, and second-hand knowledge by what Paul told him. I used to think that Luke was Paul's biographer. Now I'm thinking Luke was Paul's secretary.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel, 7 which is not just another account; but there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

Rom 2:16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of mankind through Christ Jesus.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him that sent Me. 45 And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His Commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.

1 Peter 4:17-18 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the Gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from My God: and My new name.

Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with Him an hundred forty four thousand, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Luke would have first-hand knowledge of parts of Paul's life, and second-hand knowledge by what Paul told him. I used to think that Luke was Paul's biographer. Now I'm thinking Luke was Paul's secretary.

Let's see some scriptures and verses on what you saying here about Luke and Paul.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Let's see some scriptures and verses on what you saying here about Luke and Paul.

Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, 4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Jerome says Luke was a physician from Antioch. Paul was there +/- 46 A.D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, 4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Jerome says Luke was a physician from Antioch. Paul was there +/- 46 A.D.

Interesting!

Upvote 0