The Gospel of Jesus Christ.. for anyone needing salvation

May 21, 2011
✟7,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A common theme runs through much of the new Testament books, as they progress these steps seem evident. The Gospel of Jesus Christ..

1. God is whom we are accountable.

2. Our problem is that we rebelled against God.

3. God's solution to humanity's sin is the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

4. How do I, myself, right here, right now - how do I come to be included in that salvation? What makes this good news for me and not just for someone else?

God is to whom we are accountable. Each one of us knew God but rejected him. I know I'll pick up some flack for this, because you'll say, "What about the people who never knew about Jesus Christ in some far and distant land?" I'm just going by what Romans 1:20-23 says,

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being nderstood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

23 And changed the glory of the uncorrumptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to like birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Our problem is that we rebelled against God.

So Paul is imagining the Jews, the spiritual leaders of the time, reading this and rejoicing in the condemnation of the gentiles here, but Paul changes directions in Romans 2:1-3

1 Therefore thought art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest; for wherein though judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them with commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

And Romans 3:9-18

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin.

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one.

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good; no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16 Destruction and misery are in they ways.

17 And the way of peace they have not known.

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

God's solution to humanity's sin is the sacrificial death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Having laid out the bad news of the predicament we face as sinners before our righteous God, now we turn to the good news, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law.

In other words, there is a way for human beings to be counted righteous before God instead of unrighteous, to be declared innocent instead of guilty, to be justified instead of condemned. And it has nothing to do with acting better or living a more righteous life. It comes from "apart from the law."

How do I become included in this promised salvation?

How you can yourself be included in this salvation.

Through faith in Jesus Christ, for all who believe. So how does this salvation become good news for me, and not just for someone else? How do I come to be included in it? By believing in Jesus Christ.. By trusting in him and no other to save you.

To the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness. (romans 4:5)

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Follow the liberal words and the examples of Jesus Christ - the Greatest Liberal of All Time - and you will be doing what He wants all of His followers to do.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" OR Treat males, females, homosexuals, whites, blacks, browns, Christians, Jews, Muslims, atheists, highly and not so highly intelligent people, etc, with the equality, respect, and dignity that you expect for yourself.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

John S
Follow the liberal words and the examples of Jesus Christ - the Greatest Liberal of All Time - and you will be doing what He wants all of His followers to do.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Well His disciples do that as included. Jesus says follow all His teaching (Matt 28, John 14-16)

What you have posted is humanism/liberal secularism.

God is my refuge's post is a good summary.

NB “OR Treat males, females, homosexuals, whites, blacks, browns, Christians, Jews, Muslims, atheists, highly and not so highly intelligent people, etc, with the equality, respect, and dignity that you expect for yourself. [/quote] They aren’t Jesus word they are yours.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Good thread because this fundamental definition of the gospel seems to be at the heart of most debates on this forum, and indeed other forums.

Jesus said that disciples were to obey and teach all He did and said
Matthew 28 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
John 14 “23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. “

So sure, Luke 6 “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”
but also
Luke 18 “But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Luke 6 does not overrule Luke 18 and the Romans passages. Quoting Luke 6 as though that’s all one needs to do is most definitely not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

But that’s what so often happens is in response to topics on sin, repentance, beliefs, don’t worry about anything just beliefs, love your neighbour. Atheist’s can do that and many do.

Upvote 0

glennagail

Jun 1, 2011
San Jose Ca
✟7,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good thread because this fundamental definition of the gospel seems to be at the heart of most debates on this forum, and indeed other forums.

Jesus said that disciples were to obey and teach all He did and said
Matthew 28 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
John 14 “23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. “

So sure, Luke 6 “Do to others as you would have them do to you.”
but also
Luke 18 “But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Luke 6 does not overrule Luke 18 and the Romans passages. Quoting Luke 6 as though that’s all one needs to do is most definitely not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

But that’s what so often happens is in response to topics on sin, repentance, beliefs, don’t worry about anything just beliefs, love your neighbour. Atheist’s can do that and many do.

I believe that Jesus would have us act with gentleness and respect to everyone on this earth. That being said. There is no way that someone who comes to Christ can even begin to know or repent of all the sins they have committed. I believe that is not the repentance that God is asking for at salvation. The repentance God wants is for us at salvation is to repent from the disbelief that we need salvation and that Jesus is the only way. All the other stuff God will deal with us about as he, not us or others sees fit. Whosoever believes shall be saved

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
BMS - Are you saying that Jesus doesn't want His followers to treat others with respect, dignity, and equality? WOW.
Which ones of those groups should we NOT treat with respect, dignity, and equality?

Those are NOT MY words. They are the words of Jesus Christ.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - ALL people, regardless of...

Upvote 0