Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just learned some "Good News and Bad News" for Babylon 5 fans.

The Good News, Babylon 5 should be coming soon to Roku (Yeah me! I can watch it on the big screen, and easier too than my old DVDs). The Bad News, apparently all the talk of a "Reboot" of the series that was supposed to be likely is actually much more in the air based on a recent Bruce Boxleitner interview. He says it's future will be determined by all the restructuring taking place currently at various TV Networks like the CW and a few other places. Of course, with that place as an example (the CW) it would have me worried that a reboot would turn into an unwatchable Woke nightmare.... I would hope TV executives would learn their lesson on this stuff, but snatching defeat from the jaws of victory seems like a special talent have had when it comes to running shows and movie franchises into the ground. I mean really, things have been so bad, I'm pretty confident that I as a complete newbie would do a better job because I would at least respect the source material, try to give the loyal fans what they want, and more importantly would not insult them for wanting their traditional heroic story, rather a way to preach to them.

Babylon 5 joke.jpg

Reactions: Soyeong

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Looking forward to watching B5 again! These streaming services are convenient but hunting for who is going to get something next is a bit frustrating. "But it's just demeaning. We're not just some .. deep space franchise. This station is about something."

"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future, or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care for one another, because if we don't, who will? And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope that there can always be new beginnings. Even for people like us."

Upvote 0