Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
short version: well it just depends on what you think man and God is.

+ longer version:
that will reflect the view, that is, your own heart will color outside things in it's own perception, even the bible. dig deep enough inside of someone and you will find his foundation, who is God, for nothing can exist without him. indeed there is the animal part of man, he clearly exist in this physical universe, but we must also know the other parts of that man such as his soul and spirit. it is clear that all men partake of the Logos nature of God, because they think thoughts, thus we see all men are made in the image of God, however when the soul clings to things less than God, she turns herself into that image, it is only those united to God that are again as they were created to be, pure spotless mirrors to reflect God. as for the Spirit part of man, it is hidden in a mystery, because the soul can show the spirit but if the mirror is dirty then the spirit appears corrupted, however that is more like a kind of covering than actual truth, because eve, the soul, was deceived, not adam, the spirit. but since eve ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it covered over the spirit, for eve and adam represent humanity and the effect a falling away has on us, when the soul, rather than spirit in man, rules. it is said that adam also ate of the fruit after eve gave some to him, because the soul being covered with a veil of sin cut off from her her virgin spirit, who is Christ and thus the veil of sin with the soul reflecting lower realities and being deceived mixes the tree of knowledge of good and evil and creates a kind of "antichrist spirit", but it is not a thing, rather it is a illusion and all souls are deceived by it until they are full of the Holy Spirit and their souls are pure virgins again, then Christ her husband is again revealed and all is well. the true problem is the problem of the soul and it's blindness, and it cuts off a proper connection with the spiritual part of herself, which is the highest reality she is, the piece of God that was breathed into adam to become a living soul. thus the spirit was shut off greatly, and the soul became attached to physical reality, the devils perception of reality and even the souls own corrupted and now greatly hindered nature, which became distorted by sin.

the true reality is ofc, the tree of life who is Christ, but the soul, being cut off from her husband, sees a reality of lies mixed with truth. so the God hole is not so much a hole, though it feels like it in us, but it is rather Christ crying out in us, he being constantly crucified in us, we murdering him, and the soul also, secretly weeping for having slain her own self and her husband, her only solution is that she too, die with Christ on the cross, so that they may both be resurrected together. until we repent and become born again and die to the foolish nature the soul took upon herself when she decided to eat of the tree God told her not to eat of. the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the lamb that speaks as a dragon in revelation. and it is by the Spirit of God, who is united to our spirit, and the soul being in her proper place, i.e. stop conforming to anything less than God, the tree of life. until then, she worships the false image of God and she does not know it, for the whole world is deceived, thus we must die and be born anew into the new heaven and new earth, the soul must again be a virgin, so that she can birth Christ. for the scriptures say, that the woman is saved in childbearing. and this child is the Holy Spirit.

we clearly see this symbolism, in mary the virgin, giving birth to Christ. mary is the virgin soul and only that virgin soul gives birth to Christ inside of us, who is, go figure, also a virgin. because remember, eve came out of the curve/rib of adam, they are one being. Jesus Christ came to the world, to show us who we are, and they killed him for it, but since he was God, he died for all of us, all of us being in him and he in us. thus the door was swung wide open for us to again be sons of God. in the end, we simply have to cling deeply inside the heart of Christ, the spear having pierced him after he died, the water and blood came out of him. thus now you see, the water and blood are symbolic of soul and spirit and how they become separated after Christ, who is the truth, dies due to the veil of sin. so the first adam has eve coming out of him, the second adam has eve going back into him.

so if you don't think you have killed Christ you can be assured that, yes you did. but He forgives you, because you know not what you do. plus he loves you, and desires you be restored to your true condition. anyways, then humans could not grasp the depths of wisdom very often. but it turns out that there is no evil in God and if we see through his eyes then we shall see how he sees things and very well i know, that God is unchanging love. but humans have a hard time understanding because their soul is so used to inferior concepts, but when she is united to God and is full of love, she shall see the symbolics in the bible instead of being killed by the letter of the word. most Christians, are mere babies, unable to speak about spiritually mature things, in which, there is an absolute certainty, rather than speculations and theories and opinions. for God has no opinion, he is the truth. it turns out that reality is way better than I had at first saw it to be when I was a child.

humans are always hindering me, who am love and fire. for i claim to have the Holy Spirit, it used to be a very big deal to people, and now it's not. because people don't know what it's like to burn alive, because they are hindering the spark from fully igniting. we simply have to give ourselves fully to the fire and die, like being cast into the lake of fire, like fire, that Jesus sends down on the world, like fire, which melts the evil elements and then only the good remains. when an angel dies the second death, he is born again and I say, I have died when i came to the world, and then I died when I died to the world. our God is a consuming fire. only God can show us who he is. so much for trying to understand a book on your own to it's depths. but he helps us inasmuch as we allow him to. and we allow by loving and wanting him. humans prefer their rules rather than love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Awhile back I was talking with a friend,
and I began explaining Calvinism.
My friend's response was that Calvinism
couldn't make sense because everyone
was created to have a relationship with
God. In other words, everybody-heathen
and Christian alike-have an innate need
to worship God so...there couldn't possibly
be a cosmic plan to exclude anyone?

I hear this as a Gospel presentation in
Mega churches a lot, but don't really agree
that appealing to a human's primitive desire
to be devoted to someone or something
should be a Gospel call proper.

Is their argument valid?

The argument is not valid. The Bible doesn't say that everyone has an deep innate desire for fellowship with God (ie, the "hole"). Instead, the Bible teaches that since the fall, all men are hostile to God and "there are none that seek God".

The entire story of the Bible is not that anyone seeks God, but rather, that God seeks - and saves - us.

God is the seeker, not us.

Upvote 0

singlecandle

Feb 27, 2013
✟15,448.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
It just seemed strange to me because it causes me to consider why God created the Adamic race.

Genesis 2:7 - Then the LORD God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being.

Genesis 2:15 - The LORD God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to work it and watch over it.

Genesis 2:21 - So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to come over the man, and he slept. God took one of his ribs and closed the flesh at that place. 22 Then the LORD God made the rib He had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man.

Genesis 3:8-9 - Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and they hid themselves from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 So the LORD God called out to the man and said to him, "Where are you?"

Genesis 3:21 The LORD God made clothing out of skins for Adam and his wife, and He clothed them.

Here we have the LORD God forming the man, breathing into his nostrils, leading him, teaching him, performing surgery, forming a wife for the man, walking in the garden, seeking man, speaking to man, and forming clothing for man. All of these are very personal acts. "

If we all sinned through being in Adam(of course we did) then it would seem that the same
personal actions God exhibited to Adam would make one think that He(God) created the human race for such a purpose-initially...to interact with them each personally.

That is what is confusing. How is Adam any different than the rest of the human race?

Upvote 0

singlecandle

Feb 27, 2013
✟15,448.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, a lot of preachers use that verse to say, "Oh, everyone has a desire for God based on this verse."

Ummmm.......that's not what the verse says though.

Anyway...I was just hoping to understand how God's actions toward Adam may have been different because of the particular covenant he was under.

There was a lot of talk about covenants recently and I was trying to understand the reformed position on it.

Based on all of your comments on CF I dont consider you reformed.

Thank you, though.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It just seemed strange to me because it causes me to consider why God created the Adamic race.

Genesis 2:7 - Then the LORD God formed the man out of the dust from the ground and breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and the man became a living being.

Genesis 2:15 - The LORD God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to work it and watch over it.

Genesis 2:21 - So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to come over the man, and he slept. God took one of his ribs and closed the flesh at that place. 22 Then the LORD God made the rib He had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man.

Genesis 3:8-9 - Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden at the time of the evening breeze, and they hid themselves from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 So the LORD God called out to the man and said to him, "Where are you?"

Genesis 3:21 The LORD God made clothing out of skins for Adam and his wife, and He clothed them.

Here we have the LORD God forming the man, breathing into his nostrils, leading him, teaching him, performing surgery, forming a wife for the man, walking in the garden, seeking man, speaking to man, and forming clothing for man. All of these are very personal acts. "

If we all sinned through being in Adam(of course we did) then it would seem that the same
personal actions God exhibited to Adam would make one think that He(God) created the human race for such a purpose-initially...to interact with them each personally.

That is what is confusing. How is Adam any different than the rest of the human race?
There is a "God-shaped hole"( I hate that phrase) in man and only Christ can fill it. All men innately know that God is and that He will judge. Rom. 1:18-23 The problem is that man always tries to fill the hole with everything but God because he hates God so very much. Rom. 3:10-18 Man will seek to fill that void with power, money, fame, drugs, alcohol, family, job, and a thousand other things that never truly satisfy. Man will even seek to fill that hole with religion but that doesn't truly satisfy for long either usually. Man will imagine a god for himself that fills the hole but it's only a deception and will not stand in that Day. Since the Fall man has sought that which he lost, happiness. In all my years and experience I have never met anyone who was not a believer who was truly happy. They are never satisfied for long and always seek more than what they have.

When Adam fell he didn't seek God he hid from God. God sought Adam. Not because He didn't know where Adam was but because Adam needed to know he was sought. God created Adam as a type and forerunner of the last Adam, Christ. What Adam lost Christ regained and infinitely more. Rom. 5:12-21

The Scriptures are abundantly clear that God does not seek all men. He created man to enjoy Him but Adam lost that ability to enjoy God in communion and Christ restored it for all His elect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So....only Adam had the capacity/ability to have relationship with God. After Adam, only the elect have that privilege.
In a nutshell yes. Adam was created very good and experienced that which we cannot even dream of. He walked with God and was endowed with the brilliance to rule over all of creation under God. Adam wasn't a troglodyte caveman who could barely figure out how to walk upright. He named all the animals and took care of all that existed in the Garden. When he sinned he lost all of that and we have only progressively gotten worse since. It is amazing grace that God would give sinners like us not only all that Adam enjoyed but all the Christ has earned for us.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON
Harry_Anderson.jpg

This thread is closed. Ease start threads that are relative to the forum's stated purpose.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.