Not open for further replies.

twosid

Jun 30, 2003
Woodstock, Georgia
Visit site
✟2,396.00
Faith
Christian
I think that Catholics are right on the money when they say that faith is a gift. Friends of mine who are Protestant always tell me the solution for me is "have faith" as if I could just decide to do so. I know this is not the case. I am fairly certain at this point that I've never had any connection with God. I'm very much like the guy in the book of Mark who says "[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]I do believe, Lord. Help my unbelief." I cannot make it happen on my own. If you are the praying type please say a prayer for me. My prayers always seem to fall on deaf ears and I've had prayers answered when you folks have prayed for me here. Thank you.
[/FONT]​

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that Catholics are right on the money when they say that faith is a gift. Friends of mine who are Protestant always tell me the solution for me is "have faith" as if I could just decide to do so. I know this is not the case. I am fairly certain at this point that I've never had any connection with God. I'm very much like the guy in the book of Mark who says "[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]I do believe, Lord. Help my unbelief." I cannot make it happen on my own. If you are the praying type please say a prayer for me. My prayers always seem to fall on deaf ears and I've had prayers answered when you folks have prayed for me here. Thank you.
[/FONT]​

I am praying for you. :crossrc:

Reactions: twosid
Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,818.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll pray for you. :crossrc:

The main aim of the pray is not to get something from God, but to praise and thank Him...and to stay in His presence.

And I'm sure that God is hearing also your prayers....the more you pray, the more He wants you to go on praying....He is like a fiancee: never content of a short prayer: He wants always to spend lots of time with you in the prayer :)

Prayer, sacraments and above all charity: these are the tricks

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm very much like the guy in the book of Mark who says "[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]I do believe, Lord. Help my unbelief." [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]
[/FONT]​
Me too.

Prayers for you. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Epiphanygirl

Don't De-Rock Me
Oct 6, 2004
Behind you :)
✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that Catholics are right on the money when they say that faith is a gift. Friends of mine who are Protestant always tell me the solution for me is "have faith" as if I could just decide to do so. I know this is not the case. I am fairly certain at this point that I've never had any connection with God. I'm very much like the guy in the book of Mark who says "[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]I do believe, Lord. Help my unbelief." I cannot make it happen on my own. If you are the praying type please say a prayer for me. My prayers always seem to fall on deaf ears and I've had prayers answered when you folks have prayed for me here. Thank you. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
Good and gracious Father, please hear the prayers said for twosid. Lord, let him feel your presence and grace in whatever form you choose to heal and mend him. May he be able to see you clearly and to recognize Your presence working in him....may he become stronger for it.:crossrc:

Hang in there twosid......remember the "Footprints" story.....God is with you....so are we:hug:

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]My prayers always seem to fall on deaf ears [/FONT]​

It's not you, honest it isn't. Yet I know that it is easy to believe (I know) but sometimes the answer to prayer (when it is obviously God's will) is "wait". (I personally find those "wait" answers so hard, but I know that God answers prayers--all.)
Praying for you--err with you. :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twosid

Jun 30, 2003
Woodstock, Georgia
Visit site
✟2,396.00
Faith
Christian
I'm afraid to post this but I will anyway.

Wednesday when I left home I forgot to put my puppy in her crate. When I arrived home after work things were a mess to say the least. There were many things destroyed but nothing of real value. I keep my place neat so many of the things that were nuked were in my bedroom closet floor and subsequently drug out all over the place and destroyed. It was the things that weren't destroyed that caught my attention. I have sleep apnea and have a CPAP machine. The hose for this machine hangs in my closet and was in easy reach of my dog but she didn't touch it. The machine itself and the mask were on a table in the bedroom well within her reach and she didn't touch them. I don't know of any other reason for this other than God's intervention.

This morning as I was leaving for work a pickup truck was sitting right at the end of the walk with two guys in it just sitting there. As I went to get into my car one of them got out and explained to me that his son had run away from home on Monday and he thought he might have been at my apartment complex last night moving again. Last night I was walking my dog and went a direction I hardly ever go and then walked it twice which is something I've done only one other time. When I came back to my building the 2'nd time there was a truck and trailer stopped in the street and some kids were loading some stuff into it like they were moving. I was able to describe the truck and trailer well enough that the guy knew exactly who I was talking about so maybe he will find his son. This seems to have come from God as well.

I want to believe both events did anyway but I still doubt. So much so that I didn't even want to post this and fear maybe if it was God that He will stop. I wish that my faith were not so incredibly weak. Thomas was like Job compared with me. Anyway, thanks for the prayer, it is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.