The Garden of Eden And the Dry Land What it Looks like?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Next time I see a mother lovingly cuddle her infant, I'll make sure that I see evil running through her veins rather than the love that I thought I was seeing.

You can't see both?

And for the record, your word choices show you're not looking at it properly.

Properly speaking, you should have said it this way:

"Next time I see a mother lovingly cuddle her infant, I'll make sure that I see the sin nature in their flesh, as well as the love that I am looking at."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd hate to have that kind of attitude towards people where one picks the worse examples and make it seem like everyone's doing it.

If you're going to bring your philosophy to the table and talk theology, you are going to have to at least have a working idea of Christian doctrine.

Even I, Mr Eyes Barn Ignit Eyes Die Ignit, at least have some concept of what I'm talking about.

I may not be fluent in science, but I'm at least conversant.

Learn the doctrine of SIN NATURE, then we can have a more intelligent conversation.

Don't go around mockingly calling everything "evil."

Especially ... especially ... when talking about newborn babies.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hmmmm...... freewill...... so the mother's love permits a child, if they choose, to go the wrong way?

The thing is, they don't stay children for long.

In the meantime, we are to ...

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

At some point growing up.....

Ever heard of McGregor's Hot Stove Rule?

It goes hand-in-hand with freewill.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
If you're going to bring your philosophy to the table and talk theology, you are going to have to at least have a working idea of Christian doctrine.

Even I, Mr Eyes Barn Ignit Eyes Die Ignit, at least have some concept of what I'm talking about.

I may not be fluent in science, but I'm at least conversant.

Learn the doctrine of SIN NATURE, then we can have a more intelligent conversation.
I know well the sin nature doctrine. That's why I reject it.
Don't go around mockingly calling everything "evil."

Especially ... especially ... when talking about newborn babies.
I'm just highlighting and rejecting what Jojo Paguio wrote when quoting Genesis 6:5 as every human being is "evil continually". And if you read what I wrote, I was using a mother's love for her newborn infant as an example of how wrong that Genesis line is. It's Genesis 6:5 that's calling everything, including babies, "evil continually".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea

1. It's a sacrament of theirs.

2. It stems from the idea that babies are born sinless, so get them baptized before they commit that first sin.

The doctrine itself is called: INFANT BAPTISM.

And that's why we are called "Anabaptists," because we don't accept infant baptism.

If someone wants to join our church, and they haven't been scripturally baptized, we ask them to get get baptized.

Thus the term "anabaptized" -- ("baptized again").

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just highlighting and rejecting what Jojo Paguio wrote when quoting Genesis 6:5 as every human being is "evil continually".

No, that's not what Jojo said.

This is what Jojo said:

(Genesis 6:5) "¶ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Do you see the difference?

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jojo Paguio wrote in post #102
(Genesis 6:5) "¶ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."
That was God's comment on the contingent cultural situation at the time, namely it had become perilous for anyone's integrity - as keeps on cropping up - which is why He has to send the revelation of Christ, through OT prophecy and in person - including the present person of Holy Spirit (Comforter)

Upvote 0