tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because thinking of the 70 weeks prophecy as literally 70 weeks in the future is such a radical interpretation (?), let’s just focus on Daniel 9:26

And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing.

And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.​

Specifically, this part of the verse:

And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.​

The traditional understanding of this verse is that these are Roman soldiers sacking Jerusalem in 70 AD. But is this accurate? The ‘flood’ here is a ‘flood of armies’ as in Daniel 11:21

In his place a despicable person will arise; royal honors will not be given to him, but he will come in a time of peace and seize the kingdom by intrigue. 22 Then a flood of forces will be swept away before him and destroyed, along with a prince of the covenant.​

[In fact, this ‘prince of the covenant’ is a direct reference to Daniel 9:25’s coming of a ‘prince’/ ‘ruler’ after 7 weeks, who is ‘cut off’ after 62 weeks in Daniel 9:26.]

This ‘flood’ is something sudden and quick as in Jeremiah 1:13-14

13 Again the word of the LORD came to me, asking, “What do you see?” “I see a boiling pot,” I replied, “and it is tilting toward us from the north.” 14 Then the LORD said to me, “Disaster from the north will be poured out on all who live in the land.​

Or as in Jeremiah 47:2
Thus saith the LORD; Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land, and all that is therein; the city, and them that dwell therein: then the men shall cry, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howl.​

Getting back to ‘and to the end there shall be war’, the ‘end’ that is being referred to is the end of the 70 weeks when a ‘most holy’ is anointed. Since the traditional understanding has the ‘anointed one that is cut off’ as Jesus, has there been continuous war in Jerusalem since Jesus was crucified? There have been sporadic wars, but not continuous wars as to be described as a ‘flood’ and not any that have resulted in a 'most holy' being anointed. (This is similar to the absurd idea that Preterists put forward based upon Matthew 24:15-21 that says there has been ‘great tribulation’ since the temple was destroyed in 70 AD.)

Also, is this how Revelation explains this verse? When the ‘city’ is destroyed due to this 'flood', then Revelation would say that the ‘new’ Jerusalem comes down from heaven to replace it as in Revelation 21

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God. 4 ‘He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,’ and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.”​

This is the fulfillment of Daniel 9:24: “Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy.

So what if we interpreted Daniel 9:26-27 as future?

And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.

27 And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”​

Or, the more common translation:

27 And he will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of the temple will come the abomination that causes desolation, until the decreed destruction is poured out upon him.”​

The ‘people of the prince to come’ becomes the people of the ‘antichrist’/ followers of the ‘antichrist’.

The ‘flood’ that destroys the ‘city’ becomes Trumpets 1-4 & the five months of the ‘locusts’ of the 5th Trumpet (Revelation 9:5). This ‘five months’ reference also aligns with Genesis 7:24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days. (30 days being a common short-hand length of a month, thus 150 days would be 5 months.)

Then the ‘flood’ that destroys the ‘sanctuary’ becomes the war in the 6th Trumpet in Revelation 9

15 So the four angels who had been prepared for this hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16 And the number of mounted troops was two hundred million; I heard their number. 17 Now the horses and riders in my vision looked like this: The riders had breastplates the colors of fire, sapphire, and sulfur. The heads of the horses were like the heads of lions, and out of their mouths proceeded fire, smoke, and sulfur. 18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke, and sulfur that proceeded from their mouths. 19For the power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; indeed, their tails were like snakes, having heads with which to inflict harm.​

20 Now the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.​

Then after the ‘city’ and the ‘sanctuary’ have been attacked, ‘he’ ‘confirms the covenant’ from Daniel 9:27. The 2 witnesses’ 1260 days of Revelation 11 are the 1st half of this covenant, - the covenant that was made after the floods upon the city and sanctuary.

To sum it up this far, the ‘city’ is attacked with a ‘flood’ (Trumpets 1-5), the ‘sanctuary’ is attacked with a ‘flood’ (the 6th Trumpet war), then the covenant of Daniel 9:27 is made, after the 6th Trumpet war is over. After the 6th Trumpet war, the ‘flood’ attacking the ‘sanctuary’ ends and the survivors of this ‘flood’ do not repent. Then the covenant is made, and the 2 witnesses start the 1260 days. The ‘rainbow’ of Revelation 10:1 symbolizes the ‘covenant’ made after the ‘flood’ as in Genesis 9

8 Then God said to Noah and his sons with him, 9 “Behold, I now establish My covenant with you and your descendants after you, 10 and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth—every living thing that came out of the ark. 11 And I establish My covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” 12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between Me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set My rainbow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
This is the cutting short of the 'great tribulation' from Matthew 24
22If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.

23 At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
The person confirming the covenant is a false christ that arises after the great tribulation is cut short.

Last edited:

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like correlating scripture with scripture and the futurist view ties a lot of them together. I tend to tie LUKE 1 to the objectives of Daniel 9 that are for Daniels People and the Holy city, Jerusalem. The passage in Luke is by the Holy Spirit speaking through Zacharias when naming John the Baptist. He said Jesus is raised up as a horn of salvation for the house of Jacob and the Jesus would keep every promise, oath, covenant and prophecy to deliver Israel from their enemies to a time of permanent safety where they would server the LORD with out fear and now in Holiness all of their days. This before and after picture ties all the futurist views together to form a great narrative of the before and after picture.

Upvote 0