Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's what this forum needs! A fellowship thread. So, pull up a tacky hotel furniture chair, put down that year-old Reader's Digest, and tell us about yourselves.

I know of at least two couples posting here. Chartreuse and I are one of 'em. Anyone else?

What brings you to this forum? Are you married? If so, what's the spouse like? (You don't have to answer if your spouse reads CF.)

ChristyP4Christ

Dec 31, 2004
✟868.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I am married, four years this Nov. Hubby and I have an aesome relstionship. We run a biker ministry called "Holy Ghost Crusaders" We moved to NC three years ago. I own my own hair salon and he works in a/c.

I have four children of my own and he has a daughter whom lives with us and I have been mom to her for five year. She never sees her real mother. she walked out when she was three. So when everyone asks I have five.

I also have 2 1/2 grandchildren whom all live in KY, this is sometimes very hard for me to deal with.

About my hubbie....Hummmmm what can I say he is tattooed and loves the Lord here is a pic of us.....

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have a tacky chair - or any chair for that matter! I just moved and my apartment is completely unfurnished except for my bedroom set, computer desk and a freakishly large bookcase, LOL! I guess I could pull out one of my photography equipment cases and pretend it's a chair. At some point, I am going to have to find the time to go shopping for tacky furniture.

I am married. Separated right now. I found CF when I was searching for a place to ask questions about marital problems and divorce. We have some absolutely wonderful people here. And a few nuts. But I like them just as well!

I live in Central Florida and count myself blessed to be here. Let's see... I also have four young children, two boys, two girls. They are absolutely wonderful.

My main occupation is photography. So take it with a grain of salt when I say I shoot people for a living. Although it's kinda fun when someone asks if I'm a hitman. Anyway, I shoot a ton of weddings, senior high school portfolios, models, couples, engagement sessions, and just starting to move into magazine work and commercial work. Photography makes it possible for me to meet tons of people from all over the US, so I really enjoy it! I'm starting to gt travel opportunities with it, and I'd like to travel more.

My wife doesn't post here. She doesn't know that I'm on CF... come to think of it, that's probably a good thing for now! At some point I'll tell her about it because I want her to have some of the same learning and fellowship opportunities that I've had here. We just have to get things taken care of with our marriage first. So for now, CF is for me.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am single, and I am in a relationship which will probably take 'married status' early next year.

I enjoy this forum more than the courting couples forum, solely because I can relate a lot better to the issues being discussed in here than on there. I lived with my boyfriend for a fair while before we started a relationship (and then for 3 months after starting our relationship), so often a lot of issues we have can be similar to ones in here - so I find much sounder and relatable information in here.

Plus, it's just a blessing to have some people 'further along the relationships path' that I can come to and talk to about issues that may or may not affect our marriage in the future.

Also - most of my friends online and my best friend are married (3 couples I know offline come in here a lot, including my best friend), so I feel more comfortable in here, as I relate better to the marrieds than the non-marrieds.

The advice in here is more often than not more sensible and practical than stuff in the CC forums (and due to my age, most women my age on the forum are in here!)...

Sasch

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Blue Impulse said:
hehe, fellowship is good.

I'm married. I came from the east coast of Canada to be with my husband (who I met on the internet) on June 1st of this year past, and we live on the west coast of Canada now in Vancouver.

Found out we were pregnant in mid-July

Married in mid-August

Expecting baby.. well... today was my due date *taps foot*

My husband is a gamer nut, loooves his console games (we own a PS2, GameCube, XBox, gameboy sp advance, and before my husband lost his job he was fishing for me to agree to a PSP lol... and everything looks nice on the 27" LCD Wide-screen TV my FIL gave us). He's an excellent husband and he'll be a great father, he's very excited about baby, maybe even more than I am, lol.

He recently lost his job, the company went under and went into receivership as of Friday. So we're incomeless.. I'm slightly stressed but trying not to go out of my head too much yet ;) My husband doesn't have a college education and it took him a very long time to find the job that he had, so I'm panicking yet not overly panicking.. just the right amount of panick for having a baby with no income, lol.

He hooked up our printer today which has a multi-card reader on so we can actually load pictures off our camera again.. here's a few pictures of him, two of them are when he was hooking up the printer, hehe. And my pic is in the corner there as always.

What brings me here? Your guess is as good as mine.. boredom? Curiosity? All of the above? oh yes :) hehe

~ ~

You have the same computer as I do.

Upvote 0

Abiel

Missionary
Jul 24, 2004
East Anglia
✟38,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Unequally yoked' they say, for 11.5 years. Not only doesn't he 'know the Lord', he doesn't think he exists, though he says the Christian life philosophy seems helpful to those of us who follow it. (Is that a polite way of calling it a crutch???)

Best bloke I have ever known.

Upvote 0

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm married and live in a small English town. Met my husband when we were 14-15 and began our relationship at 16. We married in July last year after being together for just over 5 years.

He's a geek and proud of it :D He works as a desktop engineer and has recently made a website to sell comics. He used to build computers and taught me much of what I now know about building, installing and fixing PC's. He loves cooking and cooks us dinner almost every night. In return I wash up he mess he makes when cooking....he hates washing up. He likes dogs and can't wait until we can get a dog, he wants a Husky. Right now we have a hamster lol.

He's an unbeliever but many of his family are Christians and he was raised with going to church and Sunday school so he respects it and understands many of the key beliefs and events. He encourages me to keep learning...generally a very supportive guy.

As for me...well I work in food research, ice cream research to be exact (yes that job exists and no it doesn't involve eating ice cream by the bucket load :D ). I have a variety of interests, the main ones being crafts, photography and music. I like both listening to and playing music and I have two guitars (an electric and an acoustic) though I really need to play more often. I love going for walks by the river and taking pictures as I go, I have a russian SLR camera...it's old but it does the job and I like it.

My husband and I both like computer games. He particularly likes the classic games he used to play as a kid, so we have a NES and Sega Megadrive. We did ahve an Xbox but he sold that to get a Nintendo DS...then after seeing the DS I went and bought one too. So we play some two player games with them...though I often lose at the racing games.

Right time for a picture or two....

These are quite recent ones of him and me...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you!

I came on the forum just to see the nice little picture they give you on your Bday! Aren't I sad...

Mind you, at present it's 2:20am my time (I've gotten up to drive 2.5 hours to see the first sunrise for my birthday on my fave beach), so I'm probably entitled to be this silly... :p

But thank you!

Sasch

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What a fun idea! I've seen and chatted with most of you since I joined CF last year but I sincerely enjoyed reading this thread and learning more about you.

I am married to the best man I know. We'll be married 10 years this summer and together for 15 years. We've been through so many ups and downs that it would make you seasick if I explained them to you.

My husband is a plumber/pipe fitter. He works great hours because he's usually home by 3 p.m. each day so we spend lots of time together and with our children - Sarah 6 and Sean 2 1/2. I worked in marketing and public relations for about 15 years before going into professional retirement 4 years ago when I became a full-time stay at home mom. I often joke that while I work the longest hours, earn no salary, have no vaction/personal/sick time, my job still has the greatest benefits of all - being with my kids.

My husband plays guitar - electric and acoustic. He also plays PS2. I spend much too much time on the computer. But when I'm not online I like to read, crochet or watch movies with my sweetie. I also love to cook and am starting to become a pretty good baker as well. I began selling Avon a year ago as a way to make a little extra money but have found that meeting people and making new friends has been an unexpected benefit of my new job.

I was raised Catholic but throughout my teens and early 20s I experimented in all sorts of things including the occult and Wicca. My husband (then boyfriend) was saved during our final turbulent breakup 11 years ago. It was through his experience and nudgings that I was saved.

I am not where I'd like to be in my faith today, but I am growing. I think that's what I love most about my walk is that it's a living breathing thing. I look forward each day to see what God has in store for me.

Upvote 0

Mirelys

Feb 6, 2005
Wyoming
Visit site
✟7,393.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
My husband and I have been married for almost a year and a half. We are both believers, though we have theological issues---I'm Messianic and he's not, though he is studying and hopefully we can come to an agreement.
We are both proud geeks; we own all the seasons of Star Trek, and we have to watch LOTR often! Now if I can just get the guy to read...
Right now he is in AIT (Advanced Individual Training) for the Army. In six weeks (when my semester is over) I'll be able to move to where he is, and by then he will be able to get off-post passes! I can't wait to see him. At least now that he's out of basic training, we get to talk on the phone :D
I came to CF looking for advice on some of our issues; I haven't asked for help yet, but I will soon. We've a couple of serious problems that need ironed out, and that will probably land us in the counselor's office soon.
I'm confident we'll figure it out though. I have a suspicion that it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of being married ;)

Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great idea for a thread!

My hubby & I have been married for nearly 7 1/2 years (11/1 it was 7 years). We met on a blind date! lol And our first "real" date was on April 1st....lol! We were set up by mutual friends...my best friend was engaged to a guy Ty (my husband) worked with. Ty was born & raised in Florida, but had been living & working in Kentucky...which is where I grew up & was living.

We got engaged a mere 4 months after we met, and decided we had had enough of the snowy weather in Kentucky so moved to Florida in March of 1997. Back to Kentucky in November of that year for our wedding...and are now living happily in Naples. (Florida, not Italy! lol)

We live in a small house (currently trying to decide if our finances are going to allow us somehow to move into something a little larger!) with our 4 year old Boston Terrier and our 2 1/2 year old daughter, Andie. Oh, and a turtle as well...:sorry: .

Ty is a Risk Manager and Human Resource Director for an excavation company in a nearby town. He works very long hours but does it so I can stay home & be a wife & mommy! :clap:

We are lucky in that his parents live in the same town as we do, so every other weekend or so they take Andie & give us some alone time...which we usually spend playing games on our PS2, eating dinner out somewhere that doesn't have the words "happy meal" or "child's menu" in their menus, and sleeping as much as we want! lol

I found CF by the grace of God, I have grown alot in my spiritual walk here and am blessed by the people I've found!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

roni754

Mar 21, 2005
✟147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Good idea. My husband Zo and I met in Elementary School but didn't start dating until our sophmore year in high school. I was 15 and he was 17. We dated for 7 yrs because Zo said he does not believe in divorce. We just celebrated our 10 yr anniversary of being married, 17 yrs together in all. Up until recently we were blissfully happy. However through prayer and Godly guidance I am determined to make it back to that state.

We miscarried in 1991, fought for over 9 yrs to get pregnant again and with the help of Clomid (although we truley know it was only by God's grace) we concieved twins who are now 3 1/2 yrs old a boy and a girl. We also took in my sisters 4 kids back in 1999 when she passed away, we now have 2 left, who are 13 and 15. The oldest we had is now 20 and the younger brother is 17, he had to move out of my house when he physically attacked me when I was pregnant with the twins.

We also have a Chihuahua India, a cat named "B and C" pronounced B N C compliments of my 3 yr old son LOL and numerous fish and a newt and a snake.

We wanted to try to have another baby but the recent indescrection he had with another woman will really affect our decision.

I am saved, sactified filled with the Holy Ghost and my husband seeks the Lord but has not totally committed to him yet. This is still a work in progress. He was raised up in the church and his father and brother are both pastors and his family is heavily involved in church, my family was never really involved in going to church we were allowed to go as children but we always went alone.

Upvote 0

isaiah5213

Bury Me With a Sword in my Hand
Sep 8, 2004
louisville kentucky area
✟25,601.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well....

my hubby and i are a couple w/8 children... he had 2 previous relationships that left him a dad of 5 kids. i had 1 previous relationship that left me a mom of 2. before my hubby and i married, a cousin of mine got into somethings and disappeared, and me & my family put our heads together and decided i would be the best to take care of her baby.. so i have had him since 2. he is now 5--soon to be 6. i am biracial. my husband is european american. so we have blond hair brown eyes, blond hair hazel eyes, brown haired blue eyes, brown hair brown eyes, & 1 african american child. (3/4 african american, 1/4 european american.) the blond haired hazel eyed child is 2 days younger than the african american so we call them the "twins".. the oldest is 18-male. the next 3 are all 6 months apart, and are 15/16 now... then 11 year old girl, then soon to be 8 year old boy. so 3 boys, 5 girls.

hubby is great dad & great husband. we tag team on homework everyday. he takes over the math, cuz i am not good at that.. i do spelling and whatever english problems they will admit to, cuz that was my major. my hubby fixes things. he is an airplane mechanic now, and when we were in high school he didn't take it as a class, but was good friends with the mechanic teacher, so he fixes our cars too.. i am grateful cuz' if something breaks in this house, he has wisdom and knowledge how to fix most stuff, and if he becomes stumped, THEN he calls someone else... that's a big deal to me, cuz growing up my mom never had money so our house constantly had something broken or rundown all the time....

my hubby & i have known each other for... yikes.. i guess 20 years now. (i have been saying 17 for 3 years) we were just friends tho, then. he married miserably, and i married miserably right out of high school. we lost touch of each other for 3 years, met back up and said hi, lost touch again for 2 years, then had a huge falling out and didn't see each other for 8 years. by then he was divorced and w/his 5 kiddos, so i asked him to my church... a year later he decided to be a Christian and become baptized...--whoops, i am going on and on. sorry.

Reactions: The Julikenz
Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This is a great idea!!!

My husband and I have been married 6 years. He's a pharmacist and I'm a paralegal. We are both science fiction geeks. We have 5 of the 7 seasons of Star Trek TNG on DVD, but also everything that's out on Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Blakes 7, quite a bit of Dr. Who, and too many others to mention.

We get along pretty great, but I have appreciated this forum the last 2 years in that I've received great advice on communicating better, and reminders on who really is in charge of our marriage (God), by reading what people post to other people. Another thing I like, is that on issues that I might not agree with, I've seen some very strong points made, that has really made me think about what is Godly in a marriage and what isn't.

I'm Lutheran, and he is too, but he joined my church after growing up Methodist, and deep down he will always be a Methodist. We agree on most things spiritually and Biblically, and the things we disagree on are too minor to mention (denominational), but make for very intersting conversations.

If there is any serious issue with us, it's that we are childless, and learning the medical aspects of why we can't conceive. It's been wild, after years of massive pressure from both sides of the family to get pregnant. Now, we are getting massive pressure to adopt. Everyone knows a kid, or sibling group that needs a "better home." Just yesterday, my mom was talking about these two girls, a friend of a friend of a friend knows their parents want to give them up for adoption, etc. Breaks my heart. :( He hasn't taken the problem very well, and is going back and forth on even wanting kids. Today, it's not such a bad idea.

The way I see it, we are still young, we have time to figure this out. If it was like our life has no meaning if we don't have kids, then there are serious issues between us we need to fix. Being childless isn't that bad. Having children wouldn't be that bad either. I'm sure God will lead us to a decision - so I'll leave it up to Him, rather than fretting.

Anyway, great idea for a sticky. Looking forward to the fellowshipping. Is this going to be a cake and punch gig, or full potluck (as a Lutheran, i'm required to ask that question)? :D

Upvote 0

Kalista

Feb 13, 2005
✟15,952.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Hello! I have been married for 2 1/2 years, going on a lifetime. It doesn't seem that long, almost like we were married yesterday. I hope I still have that feeling 10 and even 25 years into it. We dated for four years before we were married.

We haven't got any children, they haven't come naturally for us either. We are working on that and I am taking pills in hopes that it will make everything work right and where and how it is supposed to. It has been a very short road, but filled with lots of emotions and hearbreak, but as well as some happy moments lately. But for now our children are two dogs, three cats, and an iguana. They are the center of our world next to God.

My husband is legally blind and doesn't work. He has troubles getting a job being so and it makes things difficult. The goverment generously gives him some funds to live on in exchange of piles and millions of pages of paperwork. Its annoying, but it does get us by. I stay at home and take care of him and the house. Right now we are attempting to buy ourselves a little house to call our own. We live with his Mom who also has his brother and the brothers family living here as well. It is crowded and we want out. No landlord will rent to us due to the above mentioned pets. Thus our attempt to struggle with house bills on our meager income. We both know we can do it though and with Gods help it is possible :D

God has given us lots of faith and hope in out situation. Before we trusted completely in him we were a mess. Always upset, depressed, and worried about out circumstances. We were handling all the burdon and it was wearing us down. Then God called to my husband. My husband was hearing God talk to him like an everyday conversation. It was and is truley a miracle my husband is where he is today. I thank God for it everyday :D

Upvote 0