Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
As we approach the high holy days contemplation comes to mind about how the fall feasts fit in to Messiah’s plan. How will the fall feasts be fulfilled by Messiah? We as believers are able to study the intricate relation between the spring feasts and Messiah’s first coming because they have been fulfilled. But we are left wondering how future fulfillment of the coming prophetic fall feasts relate to our Messiah’s second coming. We, like the apostles, still only have the prophets words and the Spirit given us to interpret and teach us what they meant. We have not a hind-site view, yet.

That said, I would like to make a study of Jeremiah 25 and discuss the prophetic implications of the text, as it relates to the feasts of the Lord. But first let me bring something Messiah Yeshua referred to:

Mark 10:38 Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?”39 And they said to him, “We are able.” And Jesus said to them, “The cup that I drink you will drink, and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized,

Mark 14:36 And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

John 18:11 So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me

Luke 22:12 And he will show you a large upper room furnished; prepare it there.”13 And they went and found it just as he had told them, and they prepared the Passover.
14 And when the hour came, he reclined at table, and the apostles with him. 15 And he said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”17 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he said, “Take this, and divide it among yourselves. 18 For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood. 21 But behold, the hand of him who betrays me is with me on the table. 22 For the Son of Man goes as it has been determined, but woe to that man by whom he is betrayed!”
This cup mentioned by Yeshua that is poured out for us is the suffering (servant) of sacrifice. The shouldering of the sins of the world upon the body of Messiah. Notice, the first cup was divided among the disciples. This indicates the work Messiah did among Yisrael during his 3.5 yr ministry which included his disciples. But the cup after they had shared the meal (earthly ministry within Yisrael) represented the blood of the new covenant being poured out for all. This was accomplished through his suffering and bleeding out on the land of Yisrael till death. The pouring out not only indicates the blood that poured out of his body for the remission of sins, but also indicates that his suffering will be poured out among the nation(s). All will drink of the cup, to newness of life, eternal, or to destruction. The cup was his blood produced through suffering, it was poured out for us to enter the new covenant.

With this in mind lets look at the first part of Jeremiah 25:

The Cup of the Lord’s Wrath
15 Thus the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me: “Take from my hand this cup of the wine of wrath, and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. 16 They shall drink and stagger and be crazed because of the sword that I am sending among them.” 17 So I took the cup from the LORD’s hand, and made all the nations to whom the LORD sent me drink it: 18 Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, its kings and officials, to make them a desolation and a waste, a hissing and a curse, as at this day; 19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, his servants, his officials, all his people, 20 and all the mixed tribes among them; all the kings of the land of Uz and all the kings of the land of the Philistines (Ashkelon, Gaza, Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod); 21 Edom, Moab, and the sons of Ammon; 22 all the kings of Tyre, all the kings of Sidon, and the kings of the coastland across the sea; 23 Dedan, Tema, Buz, and all who cut the corners of their hair; 24 all the kings of Arabia and all the kings of the mixed tribes who dwell in the desert; 25 all the kings of Zimri, all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of Media; 26 all the kings of the north, far and near, one after another, and all the kingdoms of the world that are on the face of the earth. And after them the king of Babylon shall drink.
This represents the pouring out of the blood from the cup as mentioned in Luke 22:20. It involved the sacrifice of Yeshua AND the destruction of Yisrael as a nation. All nations are commanded to believe in the sacrifice of Yeshua or suffer the same fate as the nation of Yisrael. Yeshua, like Ezekiel and other prophets, walked through the act described ‘for’ the nations. He suffered to death as a sign of what would happen if we did not drink the cup ‘in faith’.

27 “Then you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: Drink, be drunk and vomit, fall and rise no more, because of the sword that I am sending among you.’ 28 “And if they refuse to accept the cup from your hand to drink, then you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: You must drink! 29 For behold, I begin to work disaster at the city that is called by my name, and shall you go unpunished? You shall not go unpunished, for I am summoning a sword against all the inhabitants of the earth, declares the LORD of hosts.’
When he says he is summoning a sword against all the earth it is speaking of the Word of God, who is Yeshua, whom we MUST believe in (drink from). Or we will suffer and die according to his Word (sword).

Matthew 10:34“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Luke 2:34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, “Behold, this child is appointed for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is opposed 35 (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), so that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed.”

Ephesians 6:17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,

Revelation 1:16 In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.​

The Word is two-edged, as I have been laying out, there is a positive side and a negative side to it. The same Word, Person, Spirit can save your soul or condemn it. The cup Yeshua poured out was a blessing and a curse. A curse for those who do not believe, and a blessing for those who do.

This concludes the spring feast prophetic implications for Jeremiah 25.

Last edited:

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Now the text moves to the fall feast prophecies.

Here we have a reference to Yom Teruah, the day of trumpets. (Jeremiah 25 cont...)

30 “You, therefore, shall prophesy against them all these words, and say to them: “‘The LORD will roar from on high, and from his holy habitation utter his voice; he will roar mightily against his fold, and shout, like those who tread grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth. 31The clamor will resound to the ends of the earth,
The Lord will roar mightily and shout from heaven. The clamor will resound to the ends of the earth.

Next we have Yom Kippur, the judgement with all flesh.

for the LORD has an indictment against the nations; he is entering into judgment with all flesh, and the wicked he will put to the sword, declares the LORD.’ 32 “Thus says the LORD of hosts: Behold, disaster is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest is stirring from the farthest parts of the earth! 33 “And those pierced by the LORD on that day shall extend from one end of the earth to the other. They shall not be lamented, or gathered, or buried; they shall be dung on the surface of the ground. 34“Wail, you shepherds, and cry out, and roll in ashes, you lords of the flock, for the days of your slaughter and dispersion have come, and you shall fall like a choice vessel. 35 No refuge will remain for the shepherds, nor escape for the lords of the flock. 36 A voice–the cry of the shepherds, and the wail of the lords of the flock! For the LORD is laying waste their pasture, 37 and the peaceful folds are devastated because of the fierce anger of the LORD. 38 Like a lion he has left his lair, for their land has become a waste because of the sword of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.”
The whole earth will be pierced by the Lord on the day of judgement. Notice too how the peacful folds are devastated because of the fierce anger of the Lord. We can see how this was intermediately fulfilled when Yisrael was laid waste and even the Messianic Jews were scattered among the nations.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I would like to present one more prophet to help clearly see the prophetic references to the fall feasts, Ezekiel.

Here in Ezekiel 37 we see a prophetic reference to Sukkot, and Yom Kippur:

Ezekiel 37: 21- 28
21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms.
23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27 My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”
In fact you can find this pattern in most every prophetic description of the restoration regarding Yisrael.

Ezekiel 11:14-20 Israel’s New Heart and Spirit
Ezekiel 20:33-44 The Lord will restore Israel
Ezekiel 34:7-16
Ezekiel 36 & 37
Micah 4:1-7

Each reference above indicates more or less how the Lord will speak from heaven, judge the sins of the world, and gather Yisrael back to her place. It’s the heart of God! And it is patterned by the Moedim. At present we are waiting for God to roar from heaven, judge the world of it’s sins, and gather the faithful back to our homes. Having restored the world and partaken of it’s harvest. God is King over all the earth!!

God Is King over All the Earth
Psalm 47

1 Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy! 2 For the LORD, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. 3 He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. 4 He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah 5 God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet. 6 Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises! 7 For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm! 8 God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne. 9 The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted!
Chag Sameach everyone! Shout’s of Joy!!! and victory in the temple!! We have overcome!! By the power of the blood! Of YESHUA!!

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps the reason your posts rarely evoke a reply since you first arrived at CF many moons ago is that members sense you've a nice way about yourself. They don't see any need to debate or otherwise Rock Your Boat. You have a teaching gift which requires a special listening gift which i sense is also a gift. Perhaps, outside the walls of religion and one on one with a stranger that comes along your path. Listen for that still small voice and step out in Faith trusting the Lord will guide you :)

Rapport: A close and harmonious relationship in which the people or groups concerned understand each other's feelings or ideas and communicate well.​

I picture you as being like my Lutheran cousin who was a straight arrow student getting a fully paid scholarship to attend Michigan State. He had no problem landing a job at Oak Ridge National Laboratory as a Research Physicist with his Doctorate ... where he remained until retirement. His passion was restoring old John Deere put-puts and collecting old John Deere manuals, etc.

your MJ avatar is my favorite

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Just for the record, I'd like to remind the forum that I don't believe the feasts are prophecies or mysterious spiritual level shadows that require future fulfillment. The Passover happened at the same time as the crucifixion, so parallels are brought out. Similarly, parallels are brought out between atoning sacrifices and Messiah's atonement. These are only shadows in that they are literary devices.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Chag Sameach everyone! Shout’s of Joy!!! and victory in the temple!! We have overcome!! By the power of the blood! Of YESHUA!!

"Chag Sameach (KHAHG sah-MEHY-ahkh): Hebrew: literally, joyous festival. This is an appropriate greeting for just about any holy-day, but it's especially appropriate for Sukkot, Shavu'ot and Pesach (Passover), which are technically the only three festivals (the other are holidays, not festivals)." ... www.jewfaq.org/express.htm

Just for the record, I believe the feasts are the shadow of things to come in Yeshua.
Pesach is also tied to Unleavened Bread and First Fruits. Apparently all males only need to be in Jerusalem on Aviv/Nisan 14. Remember the two males travelling on the road to Emmaus on Aviv/Nisan 15. Any thoughts on why the L-RD didn't require all males to be at the other two holidays being Yom Teruah and Yom Kippur if they aren't considered actual festivals (Feasts)??

Anyone have an explanation why all 7 aren't considered "festivals" ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Just for the record, I believe the feasts are the shadow of things to come in Yeshua.
I think it is wonderful how our little forum supports the expression of a diversity of thought. God bless you vis.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I think it is wonderful how our little forum supports the expression of a diversity of thought. God bless you vis.
If it wasn't for feasts then the Lamb of God would have no platform in which to fulfill.... It is all about the body of Yeshua... a prophecy ongoing in Yeshua.. all in the steps of salvation... and the step are not complete until we are living in eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If it wasn't for feasts then the Lamb of God would have no platform in which to fulfill.... It is all about the body of Yeshua... a prophecy ongoing in Yeshua.. all in the steps of salvation... and the step are not complete until we are living in eternity.
There are prophecies of the suffering servant that Yeshua fulfills. That's all that is needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I would like to present one more prophet to help clearly see the prophetic references to the fall feasts, Ezekiel.

Here in Ezekiel 37 we see a prophetic reference to Sukkot, and Yom Kippur:

Ezekiel 37: 21- 28
21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms.
23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore. 27 My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”
In fact you can find this pattern in most every prophetic description of the restoration regarding Yisrael.

Ezekiel 11:14-20 Israel’s New Heart and Spirit
Ezekiel 20:33-44 The Lord will restore Israel
Ezekiel 34:7-16
Ezekiel 36 & 37
Micah 4:1-7

Each reference above indicates more or less how the Lord will speak from heaven, judge the sins of the world, and gather Yisrael back to her place. It’s the heart of God! And it is patterned by the Moedim. At present we are waiting for God to roar from heaven, judge the world of it’s sins, and gather the faithful back to our homes. Having restored the world and partaken of it’s harvest. God is King over all the earth!!

God Is King over All the Earth
Psalm 47

1 Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy! 2 For the LORD, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. 3 He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. 4 He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah 5 God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet. 6 Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises! 7 For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm! 8 God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne. 9 The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted!

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, outside the walls of religion and one on one with a stranger that comes along your path. Listen for that still small voice and step out in Faith trusting the Lord will guide you
I was motivated to this by thinking about how Yeshua was able to fulfill the spring feasts within Yisrael, and how the fulfilling of the fall feasts might occur. A typical thought process for this time of year. I wondered if maybe the fall feasts had already been fulfilled in some way. The shout being the gospel, yom kippur being the forgiveness of our sins, and sukkot being the indwelling of the Spirit. But then I realize this is just the first fruits of the fall feast, the pre-dawn glow.

There are so many overlapping prophecies. Meaning, I think there are at least 3 applications to a given prophecy. One for the moment, one for the near future, and one for the end, all from the same prophecy. Abraham’s circumcision represented his family being set apart by God for His purpose, it also represented Yisrael being set apart by God for His purpose, it also represented Yeshua being cut off from the people, it also represented our inner heart being cut off from our fleshly way of living.

This is just one instance. There are many more. I think God is 3 dimensional, having not only two applications but a third Z axis if you will. You can look before you and see where you are going, but you can also see into the far distant future, all from the Words of God. He’s more than just a book, or a man, he is the beginning, middle and the end of all things. When he speaks we can only understand that which applies to our perspective/person/being. But all his words have 3D qualities to it that our 2D minds can not perceive. Unless the Spirit reveals them to us.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are so many overlapping prophecies. Meaning, I think there are at least 3 applications to a given prophecy. One for the moment, one for the near future, and one for the end, all from the same prophecy. Abraham’s circumcision represented his family being set apart by God for His purpose, it also represented Yisrael being set apart by God for His purpose, it also represented Yeshua being cut off from the people, it also represented our inner heart being cut off from our fleshly way of living.

No doubt! There can actually be 4 levels:

Pashat is the most basic simple literal meaning
Remez is the hint or implied meaning
Drash is the search of the deeper meaning
Sod is the hidden or secret meaning

• Agree
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
41309093_2116420771711090_5975219576630149120_n.jpg

It is not just a Jewish thing, it is God's thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are prophecies of the suffering servant that Yeshua fulfills. That's all that is needed.
I agree.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Upvote 0