In the South
✟17,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager and LOVED it! We no longer have it, long story. So I drive a 2003 Ford Escape, which is actually good on gas, and hubby drives a 1986 AMC/Jeep Grand Wagoneer which is pretty rough on gas. I don't work and once we move his commute will be thirty minutes or less, so we aren't too worried about fuel economy anyway. Plus, its a little hard to pull a 3500 pound camper with a mini van (or our Escape for that matter) ;) .

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We're a Subaru family- then again it's just DH and I. Our subie will be fine for our first child (if it ever happens) but after that we will look at getting an SUV (Not doing the mini van thing). We will probably start thinking about getting one within the next year or two.

Upvote 0

complexity

Feb 10, 2007
Maryland
✟15,748.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My parents have NEVER owned a minivan. I guess just because its always been just my brother and I my mom recently has gotten away with owning a CR-V and my dad drives a 4Runner...but when with my dad (parents divorced) if we all go somewhere I drive a seperate car so I can leave when I want and go home and to make more room in the car

Upvote 0

LegacyOfLove

Senior Veteran
Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
✟10,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, with 4 children, hubby & I - we had "outgrown" the wagon for sure! So, this past year we finally were able to get a mini-van (2003 Chrysler Town & Country) and we LOVE it!

It has so much more room and is comfortable for all of us - including 3 of my children who are teenagers.

For us, it has been a wonderful blessing!

Upvote 0

nateboy

Aug 13, 2006
Washington
✟7,949.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't get it? What is the big deal to be against minivans. We have a Dodge Grand Caravan and love it. We have taken it across country a few times. It has plenty of room and runs wonderful. It is nine years old as well. I am 32 years old and I don't get the whole "I am not going to drive a minivan" thing. A good friend of mine just told me that the other day and ironically her husband said he wants a Dodge Grand Caravan. Strange. She said driving a van would make her feel too "soccermommish" I want to be a soccer mom someday so I don't mind:) I guess to each his or her own, huh?

Upvote 0

beth34

Jul 20, 2006
South
✟15,420.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Poor me - I drive a 2000 Honda Accord and will probably be driving it for a couple of years longer(only has 72,000 miles on it - hubby said it ought to go that much longer). I have two kids still in booster/car seats, so there's not a whole lot of room, but I'm ok with that. We just got a 4-door truck and it has so much more room in it and sits up so much higher. We go in it a good bit, but so bad on gas mileage! I'm a car person though. Hopefully I'll get a new one some day!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't get it? What is the big deal to be against minivans. ...... I guess to each his or her own, huh?
It's utilitarian transport, getting you from point A - B efficiently. But they're characterless. I'd guess many of us are fine with that, hence the popularity of minivans.

But many of us also want something more than a transportation appliance. If you believe the journey counts as much as the destination, I'd take my now 6 yo Discovery over a brand new minivan anyday. :D

Upvote 0

mommy68

Mar 11, 2007
✟7,724.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've driven some type of minivan since 2000. I have to have a minivan now. Anything smaller or anything bigger and I'm just not comfortable enough. :)

I've never understand all the issues against minvans either. I just see it as a spacious yet economical way to get around with my whole family. And the automatic side and back doors are great too. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nateboy

Aug 13, 2006
Washington
✟7,949.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, "Omar" has a lot of character. Omar would be very offended if knew you said he didn't have any character j/k Seriously, his name is Omar. Our minivan is very spacious and is the most comfortable transport I have ever own!! I have driven across country two times and it was so comfortable. Our journey was just as great as the destination. Actually better because we ended up not liking our destination. ;) Andry, that statement was so good it could have been in a commercial.

My husband is 6'6 so we are limited in what we can drive and what is comfortable. We have an older Toyota Camry but there is not way we can fit two car seats in their with my husband. He needs the seat back all the way! I don't have that problem as I am only 5'4.

We are not that fancy to have automatic side and back doors yet. Our van is a 1995 model. That would be nice. I actually want the fold down seats. Now that looks spiffy. Fold down seats and automatics doors have character don't they??

Upvote 0