aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟19,547.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We're just about to get a monster car! It's good for hubby's business, up to three children, camping trips, whatever...and hubby has decided it's the most practical (as well as being cheaper than a car to buy - well, it is over here anyway).

Here it is.

mitsubishi_l200_29_09_05.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what type of car do you drive.. today we made the plunge and got a minivan.. I swore I would never drive one but then the gas mileage in our suv was OUTRAGEOUS so we made the leap.. and LOVE it.. so roomy so much of a gas saver and so family friendly!
We rented a minivan to try it out after my daughter was born and loved it. I like how you don't have to bend down so far to put a child in their car seat. I also liked having the extra room. We got a Plymouth Voyager first and now we have a Town and Country.

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don't get the whole minivans are uncool stereotype. Want to spent twice as much on gas with your "cool" suv? Go ahead. :D

I like my Windstar:)
It's all relative. Someone in their Honda Fit could point at your Windstar and say the same thing..:D .

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like how you don't have to bend down so far to put a child in their car seat.
Maybe so, but when my son was that age I kept my two door sports car; reaching to the back seat - we all do that - was a lot closer and (probably safer) than in my wife's SUV (or minivan, for that matter). As far as egress/ingress, you get use to it - besides, they're not that small forever.

But to each their own. :) A buddy of mine has three daughters, thus a minivan was the most practical. I just don't understand it when it's for only one child.

Upvote 0

HeartStrings

Mar 14, 2007
Nevada
✟7,913.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HA HA HA .. I think its funny because I totally said I was NOT going to drive one.. and just to mention .. I do have one child but im a youth leader and drive kids alllllll the time.. and now its very practical for us.. and as far as reaching in the back goes.. we dont feed our child in the car or need to pass him things.. to dangerous for us.. but again to each his own.. but

NEVER say NEVER

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GolfingMom again.*

I have a Tahoe with bucket seats on the second row. That's the only thing I don't like about it. It seems like DS is far away from me when I need to reach him for whatever reason. When DD was born, I had a Yukon that didn't have three rows so the second row was a bench seat. We put her in the middle, and if she was crying for whatever reason, I could reach her to hold her hand.
I have to say that I think a SUV or a mini van is safer than a smaller vehicle. It just helps my peace of mind to have a large vehicle.

Upvote 0

FarmMomof2

Mar 19, 2007
✟15,162.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Had and SUV, Had a mini van. Wtih the kids out of big car seats we now drive a VW Jetta TDI. 50 MPG and still have comfy room for the 4 of us. We drive 22 miles one way to school and I make the round trip 2-3 times a days most days. Not to mention church on Sunday. Anyway, I couldn't afford to drive an SUV or a Mini-Van!

Upvote 0

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We have a Pontiac Montana (8 seats). It looks like a SUV but it's really a minivan... but sporty. If we all want to go somewhere together, we take 2 vehicles~ our Montana, plus DS's Saturn, DD's Grand Am, or DH's Toyota truck.

Upvote 0