✟28,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Zechariah 3:8-9,
"Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day."

What's interesting about this verse is that most theologians interpret "Joshua the high priest" as being either a type of Jesus, or forerunner of Jesus, for Jesus' name Yeshua is also the name Yehoshua meaning Yahweh salvation. We also see "The BRANCH" which is an often used symbol of Jesus:

He is "The branch of the LORD" in Isaiah 4:2. He is the "Rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots" in Isaiah 11:1. He is the righteous Branch the LORD will raise unto David in Jeremiah 23:5, and the Branch of righteousness that shall grow up unto David in Jeremiah 33:15.

But then we also see a stone laid before Joshua, and upon one stone seven eyes. A stone is also a type of Christ, and symbolic of Christ, the chief cornerstone; the rock of offense, the LORD the Rock, upon whom Jesus told Peter He would build his church upon, and the gates of hell would not prevail against it. Amen!

So when we look at this we have 3 things going on here: Joshua or Yeshua, the High Priest, the Branch, of which Jesus calls himself the vine, and we his branches in John 15, and a stone, of which we know Jesus is a stone and a Rock which breaks or can grind to powder. And in a sense, we may be looking at a little revelation of the triune God here, though honestly I've never heard it taught that way.

Now we see seven eyes upon one stone, and in Revelation 5:6 we have, "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."
But then look back to Revelation 4:5 and we read "there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

Some might think there's a contradiction there, but there are no contradictions in the Bible; only things that are spiritually discerned, that the unbeliever struggles with and even fights against. For Jesus said "The light of the body is the eye" (Matthew 6:22) So the lamps and the eyes both are the seven spirits of God.

2 Chronicles 16:9 says "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." And, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." in Proverbs 15:3.

The LORD is everywhere, and the LORD sees you. He knows everything about you, and everything about everyone who is alive today, and will be tomorrow, and who was in the past. Nothing can hide from the eyes of the LORD, or from the light of the lamps of the LORD, for His lamps illuminate all things to His eyes, with whom we have to do.

If one were to hide in a dark closet, the lamps of the LORD are searching them out and the eyes of the LORD are all seeing. If one were to hide in the depths of a cave, deep within the earth in total darkness, the Lamps of the LORD and the eyes of the LORD are there.

Psalm 139:7-12 sums it up perfectly,
"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

There it is in the last verse: "the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee."
When we consider these things then, and meditate upon them, it should be very humbling, this wonderful knowledge of God, and to know He who is everywhere, and has all this power to see and to illuminate all things, cares about us, and sent Jesus to die for us and shed His blood. Oh that people would fall before the majesty of this great God! Amen.

Reactions: Joseph G