The Evils of Contraception

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What truth did you bring forth in those verses that I am missing?

Oh, you know.... that ole Scripture verse that says... "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7); And that verse that says.... "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (See 1 Corinthians 10:13).

In other words,.... BELIEVE, my friend.

Believe the Scriptures.
Allow these two verse to be sown into your heart.

For Christians walk by faith and they do not walk by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, you know.... that ole Scripture verse that says... "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7); And that verse that says.... "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (See 1 Corinthians 10:13).

In other words,.... BELIEVE, my friend.

Believe the Scriptures.
Allow these two verse to be sown into your heart.

For Christians walk by faith and they do not walk by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

When, by your estimation, did you become a Christian? At what age, and how long ago?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When, by your estimation, did you become a Christian? At what age, and how long ago?

You changing the subject.
This is because you cannot answer the plain meaning of these verses I brought up.

But to not to avoid your questions: I accepted Christ in 1992 in my teenage years (Note: Not giving you my exact age; For I believe it is wise not to give information about yourself to others; Because not everyone has your best interest at heart). Anyways, my deep study of God's Word begain in 2010. But knowledge of the things of God can come even faster than that for those who have the Spirit and those who study the Word to show themselves approved unto GOD.

But this is not an answer to the two verses I brought up. You are simply not addressing them. If you know what they say, then you would have offered an explanation by now. Seeing you remain silent on what they say so far, I am taking that you do not truly know what they say. Do you know what these two verses say or do you have to do a Google search on them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You changing the subject.
This is because you cannot answer the plain meaning of these verses I brought up.

But to not to avoid your questions: I accepted Christ in 1992 in my teenage years (Note: Not giving you my exact age; For I believe it is wise not to give information about yourself to others; Because not everyone has your best interest at heart). Anyways, my deep study of God's Word begain in 2010. But knowledge of the things of God can come even faster than that for those who have the Spirit and those who study the Word to show themselves approved unto GOD.

But this is not an answer to the two verses I brought up. You are simply not addressing them. If you know what they say, then you would have offered an explanation by now. Seeing you remain silent on what they say so far, I am taking that you do not truly know what they say. Do you know what these two verses say or do you have to do a Google search on them?

I'm literate, child. I see what they say. Submit yourself to God. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.

What that says is that if you just do what God says, and resist temptation, you will not sin. Which means that we don't have to sin, we choose to sin. Obviously. If we didn't choose it, it wouldn't be a sin.

That's all that says.

Further, it says that God won't let a temptation be thrust upon you that you cannot resist and not sin.

I was not changing the subject when I asked how old you were and when you became a Christian. I was just going to find out, based on what you said, how successful you were applying those principles and never sinning again, how many years since you have been without sin, because you're a Christian and you submit yourself to God and resist all temptation.

I was asking mildly. But since you've decided to go full obnoxious and start speaking with authority, I feel a lot less bad about being equally direct. How well have those principles been for you? How long has it been since your last sin?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So yes, we aspire to be perfect. But no, nobody achieves it.

giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm literate, child. I see what they say. Submit yourself to God. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.

What that says is that if you just do what God says, and resist temptation, you will not sin. Which means that we don't have to sin, we choose to sin. Obviously. If we didn't choose it, it wouldn't be a sin.

That's all that says.

Do you believe the devil is real?
It says submit to God resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Do you believe the devil will flee from you if you submit to God and resist the devil? Yes, or no?

You said:
Further, it says that God won't let a temptation be thrust upon you that you cannot resist and not sin.

I was not changing the subject when I asked how old you were and when you became a Christian. I was just going to find out, based on what you said, how successful you were applying those principles and never sinning again, how many years since you have been without sin, because you're a Christian and you submit yourself to God and resist all temptation.

I was asking mildly. But since you've decided to go full obnoxious and start speaking with authority, I feel a lot less bad about being equally direct. How well have those principles been for you? How long has it been since your last sin?

The verse says, "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

First part, it says God will not suffer you to be tempted above what you are able to handle. Yet, you believe all Christians are slave to sin (Which is contrary to what is stated in this verse). In the second part of the verse God says he provides a way of escape for a person that they may be able to bear their temptation. Obviously you do not believe God provides a way of escape in temptation because you believe all Christians are slaves to their sin.

Anyways, there is no use discussing this anymore.
You simply do not believe what these two verses plainly say.

Good day to you.
And may God bless you.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe the devil is real?
It says submit to God resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Do you believe the devil will flee from you if you submit to God and resist the devil? Yes, or no?

The verse says, "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

First part, it says God will not suffer you to be tempted above what you are able to handle. Yet, you believe all Christians are slave to sin (Which is contrary to what is stated in this verse). In the second part of the verse God says he provides a way of escape for a person that they may be able to bear their temptation. Obviously you do not believe God provides a way of escape in temptation because you believe all Christians are slaves to their sin.

Anyways, there is no use discussing this anymore.
You simply do not believe what these two verses plainly say.

Good day to you.
And may God bless you.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is still a purpose served in discussing this, and that is in forcing you to admit, if not in public than to yourself, that those words you quote and try to use as a weapon are double-edged and also convict you. For you have sinned many, many times since you became a Christian. Certain sins are habitual with you. You know what they are. So apparently you don't resist the Devil all that successfully. What good, then, is it for you to aggressively wield these words against me, for example, when the principle you assert doesn't even work for you?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0