Medicine Lodge Kansas
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I beleive to become an empowered beilever that you must plant the seed and help the fruit grow inside of you.

I think that it takes love and time for the fruit to grow. Many people think that as soon as they go to church that they have the fruit inside of them but I think that going to church is not enough.

What do you think it take to make the fruits of God to grow inside of you and how can we make those fruits as big as possible?

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Believers Authority ...
Mark 11.23-4 speak to the mountains in your life ... you have the faith of the mustard seed (baptism , confirmation ) are the word of God in your heart

Luke 9.1, 10.9 , 1 John 5.14-18 ; James 4.7 ; 2 Timothy 1.7 ... attitude of the heart , hungry , submitted to God's will , actively seeking to do the right thing at the right time because of what you hear in your spirit (conscience -Holy Spirit )

we have authority to speak to God , ask questions , cry out to him in times of trouble (Psalm 119.5) , and authority to do what he has called us to do .

there is the rub ( Habakkuk 2.2) our vision , one that keeps coming to you (Philippians 4.8) that is good , lovely , holy ... but requires effort , sacrifice, and faith to appropriate , do , and go

we at times carry God's jumper cables ... the power is his , the purpose and timing are His ... we are his arms , feet , lips ... the means to hug , convict , edify , hold , restore , encourage ...others

talk with your minister , tell him what is on your heart , and what you believe God would have you do , and then listen to his response ... advice

Upvote 0

dirksy

Jan 18, 2007
Medicine Lodge Kansas
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Believers Authority ...
Mark 11.23-4 speak to the mountains in your life ... you have the faith of the mustard seed (baptism , confirmation ) are the word of God in your heart

Luke 9.1, 10.9 , 1 John 5.14-18 ; James 4.7 ; 2 Timothy 1.7 ... attitude of the heart , hungry , submitted to God's will , actively seeking to do the right thing at the right time because of what you hear in your spirit (conscience -Holy Spirit )

we have authority to speak to God , ask questions , cry out to him in times of trouble (Psalm 119.5) , and authority to do what he has called us to do .

there is the rub ( Habakkuk 2.2) our vision , one that keeps coming to you (Philippians 4.8) that is good , lovely , holy ... but requires effort , sacrifice, and faith to appropriate , do , and go

we at times carry God's jumper cables ... the power is his , the purpose and timing are His ... we are his arms , feet , lips ... the means to hug , convict , edify , hold , restore , encourage ...others

talk with your minister , tell him what is on your heart , and what you believe God would have you do , and then listen to his response ... advice
I think that we do have to speak to God and that he will lead us on the path that he chooses for us.

Upvote 0

leafylane

Jul 6, 2006
South England
✟15,299.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We actually drew a picture of this at our youth group. We drew a Bible watering can watering the base of a tree with all of the fruits of the Spirit on it. So I would say that to grow the fruit you need to water yourself with God's word. Oh, and have a relationship with your gardener too!

Upvote 0

dirksy

Jan 18, 2007
Medicine Lodge Kansas
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly unless you are spending more time medicating your mind with the things of this world than with God's word and prayer then you are most definately not serious about God.
These are all great ideas. I was also wondering what it takes to make thses fruits a large as possible. What are some of the things that you do in order to make your fruits as big as possible.

I try to take time each day to read my bible and take some lesson out of it and apply it to everyday life.

Upvote 0

Bramage

Jan 14, 2007
✟8,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Start by giving your life to Jesus. Only then, can you help with the divine will of God, with the help of the Holy Spirit that is given to you when you surrender you life to Jesus. You will never regret giving your life to Jesus, and can do so without ever stepping into a church.

thankyoufather.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I beleive to become an empowered beilever that you must plant the seed and help the fruit grow inside of you.

I think that it takes love and time for the fruit to grow. Many people think that as soon as they go to church that they have the fruit inside of them but I think that going to church is not enough.

What do you think it take to make the fruits of God to grow inside of you and how can we make those fruits as big as possible?
I'll agree.The seed that is planted when one receives Jesus,will if properly cared for,become the very reflection of Jesus,thereby bearing fruit.

Upvote 0

dirksy

Jan 18, 2007
Medicine Lodge Kansas
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll agree.The seed that is planted when one receives Jesus,will if properly cared for,become the very reflection of Jesus,thereby bearing fruit.
So far there has been some great ideas.

I have done some more study and watching of my DVD about the topic and it brings a great idea that the Holy Spirit represents the fruit because we have to accept the holy spirit to let the fruit grow. What do you guy think is that a good comparision? If not they Why?

Upvote 0
P

Premed4Christ

So far there has been some great ideas.

I have done some more study and watching of my DVD about the topic and it brings a great idea that the Holy Spirit represents the fruit because we have to accept the holy spirit to let the fruit grow. What do you guy think is that a good comparision? If not they Why?
It's a good comparison, but I take it a little further myself. I view the Holy Spirit as the blood. The life blood of a vine is its sap, and it is the flow of that sap from the vine to its branches that brings forth fruit. In the same way, it is the flow of the Holy Spirit from our Vine (Christ) to us (the branches) that ultimately brings forth fruit.

Upvote 0
P

Premed4Christ

Further on the above comparison, the fruit that is brought forth is the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control), and if these fruits are present in us, we have become the reflection of Christ to the world. The harvest, being the work of salvation, comes by the falling of that fruit, in its due time, and thereby the planting of its seeds, and resulting new growth. All of this results from the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives through our connection to Christ, and through the trimming of the Vinedresser, our Father.

Upvote 0

dirksy

Jan 18, 2007
Medicine Lodge Kansas
✟15,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Further on the above comparison, the fruit that is brought forth is the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control), and if these fruits are present in us, we have become the reflection of Christ to the world. The harvest, being the work of salvation, comes by the falling of that fruit, in its due time, and thereby the planting of its seeds, and resulting new growth. All of this results from the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives through our connection to Christ, and through the trimming of the Vinedresser, our Father.
Very good points.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.