Maine
✟7,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess one could say I wasn't the most devout Christian. Though I went to church when I was younger, certain situations (both personal and financial) prevented my family and I from attending church. We still worshipped God in the home and He would always be in my thoughts and prayers, oftentimes being the one thing that held my family together in times of stress. Through every hardship, though stressed I may be, I would always end up thinking that it was God's will to test me and that He would pull me through. But, this isn't about how I always thought of Him in such situations. This is about a dream I had last year.

I still remember it very vividly. Most dreams I had were hectic, vibrant, and all over the place. Not always in a bad way, as some were exciting and fast-paced, but I was no stranger to unnerving dreams. This one was different, I was walking along a white path. There was no scenery around me, just a clean white vastness that seemed to go on for who knows how long. I remember feeling at ease, like that feeling you sometimes get before you fall asleep. I felt content, safe, and like I was supposed to be there.

A voice spoke to me, it did not offer any revelation or tell me anything that I should or should not be doing with my life. It simply spoke my name once. It was masculine, but gentle and affirmative at the same time. It had a sense of authority to it in the way a master knows their craft. It didn't sound like it was commanding me, but rather trying to get my attention-- or as I suspect, trying to draw my attention to something in particular, though what I may never definitively know.

Afterwards, I looked around trying to look for the voice, but there was nothing. I woke up immediately afterwards with questions racing around my mind. I was curious, immediately wondering if this was a dream from God. I wondered what it meant, or if I had done something wrong to wake up before the message could be given to me-- or if I had done something wrong to receive the dream in the first place. Eventually, I attempted to interpret my dream. My best guess was that the path I stood on was symbolic, and that perhaps God was trying to draw my attention to it.

Whether in real life I was following the right path or not I don't know, but it certainly made me think hard about what I would do with my life and how I would move forward. I thought maybe it had a connection to school, since I was in my senior year and was planning for college. I also thought that maybe it was beckoning me to follow a path to a stronger relationship with God.

Over the past year, I have thought over and over about the dream. I remember a lot of my dreams vividly, even the crazy and super-weird ones, so me remembering this one wasn't anything new. However, the voice I heard stuck so strongly I can still remember what it sounded like. I remember how comfortable the vast white blankness felt, despite actually being afraid of wide open spaces.

I never had the dream again, but every once in a while it will still pop into my head and I'll think about it further. At the current moment, I interpret it as a reminder to be cautious and aware of the path I'm following and to ensure that it is the best for me personally and for my relationship with God.

Acrylic

Dec 11, 2017
Maine
✟7,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome to the forums. May God bless you and may you find some good fellowship here. As to our dreams, there are a very few that we have in our life that may stay with us for years.
Thank you, the welcome is most appreciated! May God bless you, too.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I find this sad: dreams without detail are sad.

You may have the dream again later in life, with more detail?

I have had dreams that have bugged me, about what they are supposed to mean - this is the first time it has ever occurred to me to have them again!

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
After I replied (above), I found this youtube video (the next day) and the path you mention seemed very much like the path in the video.

Not that it was just white, but as I said could be added to and what you see would be the result at that stage!

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

1Sam3v

3.............................and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was. 4Then the Lord called Samuel.

Samuel answered, “Here I am.” 5And he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”

But Eli said, “I did not call; go back and lie down.” So he went and lay down.

6Again the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”

“My son,” Eli said, “I did not call; go back and lie down.”

7Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord: The word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him.

8A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”

Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. 9So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’ ” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!”

Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

Upvote 0