Victoria
✟8,975.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about the three levels of the bible? A freemason at the pool told me about the bible being written in three levels. One tells a story of a garden with a serpent; this is for common folk. Second level tells a story of sex for adults; third story tells of a jealous, insecure GOD (i say this respectfully).

This is what this man has said. He is from Alabama and he served as a judge for many years.

Does anyone know about these levels?

Thanks.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How about the three levels of the bible? A freemason at the pool told me about the bible being written in three levels. One tells a story of a garden with a serpent; this is for common folk. Second level tells a story of sex for adults; third story tells of a jealous, insecure GOD (i say this respectfully).

This is what this man has said. He is from Alabama and he served as a judge for many years.

Thanks.

It sounds like he is a Gnostic or neo-Marcionite heretic and not a Christian.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Thanks.

What he said is at best nonsense, and at worst just heretical.

It is true that Jews and Christians have both recognized that there can be layers of meaning in Scripture. But that's nothing like what the person you're describing is talking about.

A more accurate reflection of this, taking the story of the Garden as an example, is that it talks about our original or ancestral problem of sin, and it prefigures and points toward God's work and how He will redeem, heal, and set to rights His good creation.

Nothing to do with sex, nothing to do with God being insecure; but rather that God is zealous for His creation and refuses to give up on it, but instead will bring it fully toward and into His justice and redemption which is in Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What he said is at best nonsense, and at worst just heretical.

It is true that Jews and Christians have both recognized that there can be layers of meaning in Scripture. But that's nothing like what the person you're describing is talking about.

A more accurate reflection of this, taking the story of the Garden as an example, is that it talks about our original or ancestral problem of sin, and it prefigures and points toward God's work and how He will redeem, heal, and set to rights His good creation.

Nothing to do with sex, nothing to do with God being insecure; but rather that God is zealous for His creation and refuses to give up on it, but instead will bring it fully toward and into His justice and redemption which is in Jesus Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Indeed, I myself think that both the Antiochene literal/historical and the Alexandrian allegorical/typological approach are valid, provided both exegetical techniques are used in a Christological way, since in most books of the Old Teetament there is a literal-historical layer and a prophetic, symbolic layer, both of which contain Christological material based on Luke 24.

Upvote 0