Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What Scripture supports "IN REMEMBRANCE"?
Remembrance.....the great City.....

Revelation16:19
And it came -- the great City -- into three parts,
and the cities of the nations did fall,
And Babylon the great was remembered<3415> before God,
to give to Her the cup of the wine of the wrath of His anger,
Revelation 18:5
because Her sins did follow -- unto the heaven,
and God did remember Her unrighteousness.

Jeremiah 4:
7 Gone up hath a lion from his thicket, And a destroyer[Revelation 9:11] of nations hath journeyed, He hath come forth from his place To make thy land become a desolation,
Thy cities are laid waste, without inhabitant.
16 Make ye mention to the nations, Lo, sound ye to Jerusalem:
'Besiegers are coming from the land afar off, And they give forth against cities of Judah their voice.

Revelation 9:11

and they are having of them a king the Messenger of the Abyss, name to him to Hebrew abaddwn <3>,
and in the Greecian name is having destroyer

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover ; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remembrance.....the great City.....

Revelation16:19
And it came -- the great City -- into three parts,
and the cities of the nations did fall,
And Babylon the great was remembered<3415> before God,
to give to Her the cup of the wine of the wrath of His anger,
Revelation 18:5
because Her sins did follow -- unto the heaven,
and God did remember Her unrighteousness.

Jeremiah 4:
7 Gone up hath a lion from his thicket, And a destroyer[Revelation 9:11] of nations hath journeyed, He hath come forth from his place To make thy land become a desolation,
Thy cities are laid waste, without inhabitant.
16 Make ye mention to the nations, Lo, sound ye to Jerusalem:
'Besiegers are coming from the land afar off, And they give forth against cities of Judah their voice.

Revelation 9:11

and they are having of them a king the Messenger of the Abyss, name to him to Hebrew abaddwn <3>,
and in the Greecian name is having destroyer

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover ; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah

I'm presuming the argument was for "remembrance" as opposed to "atonement" sacrifices.

I'm waiting for the Scriptural support for "remembrance".

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

You're welcome.

Those would probably rank with the many questions which we in our dimension cannot presently answer.

They're within the faith category of faith and obedience.

Hi jgr,

So what I am asking is how do you think people prior to the cross are saved?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually 3 groups with one groups having two parts. This has to do with inheritance and NOT salvation.

Now can you please tell me why God waited so long to bring in the Body of Christ and why did He bother with mankind for 4000 years prior to the Lord coming to earth?

Do you think the Baal worshipers were saved in Romans 11:1-5?
Do you think the 7,000 who refused to bow down to Baal were not saved?

Why did God wait so long to bring in the Body of Christ?
Because that was His promise in Genesis 12:3, that "all" the families of the earth would be blessed through Abraham's seed, instead of just one nation.
See Galatians 3:16-29.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the Baal worshipers were saved in Romans 11:1-5?
Do you think the 7,000 who refused to bow down to Baal were not saved?

Why did God wait so long to bring in the Body of Christ?
Because that was His promise in Genesis 12:3, that "all" the families of the earth would be blessed through Abraham's seed, instead of just one nation.
See Galatians 3:16-29.

Hi BABerean,

So do you see all the nations of the world `blessed?`

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

Faith and obedience in and to the God of the Old Covenant.

Hi jgr,

I agree and then there are those who never heard of the Old Covenant. People before the flood, and those of the nations outside of Israel. What do you think of them, will any be saved?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And in between Jesus said repent and believe in the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Hi timothyu,

Yes that was in the Lord`s time, however I was also meaning in the centuries before that. Any ideas as to how people will be saved?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Without the Kingdom and resurrection there was no salvation. Yet those too pre-Messiah shall be resurrected and the ones who followed the will of God rather than the will of man will be saved. God has said since the Garden to put His will before our own and punished mankind when Eve and Adam put their will first, the original sin. All through the Bible God gives us examples of man's will vs God's.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

So do you see all the nations of the world `blessed?`

Marilyn.

Gal_3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal_3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Eph_1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

I agree and then there are those who never heard of the Old Covenant. People before the flood, and those of the nations outside of Israel. What do you think of them, will any be saved?

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

I'll let you answer that, as I answered your last question.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gal_3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal_3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Eph_1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Hi BABerean,

`shall all the nations be blessed...` That will be in the millennium, when the nations go up to worship the king in Jerusalem.

As to the Body of Christ, we are truly blessed but we are not the nations. We are called out of Israel and the nations.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,

I'll let you answer that, as I answered your last question.

Hi jgr,

It`s like playing ping-pong, your turn my turn, (lol)

My Q. I agree and then there are those who never heard of the Old Covenant. People before the flood, and those of the nations outside of Israel. What do you think of them, will any be saved?

Yes we know that people even before the flood walked with God. God placed within humans a conscience that people can listen to and do what`s right, and also that the very creation and heavens declare God`s glory. So, many will be judged upon `their works` as how they lived according to their conscience and thus `be saved.` Rev. 20 judgment reveals the criteria for that, `their works` and Rev. 21:24, reveals those that are in the nations that are saved, will be on the new earth.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without the Kingdom and resurrection there was no salvation. Yet those too pre-Messiah shall be resurrected and the ones who followed the will of God rather than the will of man will be saved. God has said since the Garden to put His will before our own and punished mankind when Eve and Adam put their will first, the original sin. All through the Bible God gives us examples of man's will vs God's.

Hi timothyu,

Those people would be following their conscience, which reveals what is right or wrong. That would be God`s will in regard to that. God`s will in a greater way would be unknown to them.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi jgr,

It`s like playing ping-pong, your turn my turn, (lol)

My Q. I agree and then there are those who never heard of the Old Covenant. People before the flood, and those of the nations outside of Israel. What do you think of them, will any be saved?

Yes we know that people even before the flood walked with God. God placed within humans a conscience that people can listen to and do what`s right, and also that the very creation and heavens declare God`s glory. So, many will be judged upon `their works` as how they lived according to their conscience and thus `be saved.` Rev. 20 judgment reveals the criteria for that, `their works` and Rev. 21:24, reveals those that are in the nations that are saved, will be on the new earth.

Marilyn.
Hi Marilyn,

And how were they saved?
By faith and obedience, those two ageless spiritual DNA criteria, irrespective of physical DNA.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

`shall all the nations be blessed...` That will be in the millennium, when the nations go up to worship the king in Jerusalem.

As to the Body of Christ, we are truly blessed but we are not the nations. We are called out of Israel and the nations.

Marilyn.

Are you trying to say that all of the nations of the earth have not already been blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the future it seems God will have animal sacrifices IN REMEMBRANCE of Christ's once and for all sacrifice.

The Explanation of "memorial Sacrifices" is not new to me, and really does not answer the fundamental problem for you, in that the sacrifices mentioned in Ezekiel 40-44 are the ones prescribed by Moses in the Mosaic Law. These are not "memorial sacrifices" by any stretch of the imagination. They are animal blood sacrifices for sin. Premillennialists (Cerinthians) are heading back to, *gasp*, animal blood sacrifices and circumcision of flesh (Ez 44:7,9). What a knock against the finished work of Christ. What a misunderstanding. You are fooling yourself about the temple sacrifices.. They are NOT Memorial, they are propitiatory and forever:

Ezekiel 40:39
In the porch of the gate were two tables on each side, on which to slaughter the burnt offering, the sin offering and the guilt offering.

Ezekiel 42:13
the priests who are near to the LORD shall eat the most holy things. There they shall lay the most holy things, the grain offering, the sin offering and the guilt offering;

Ezekiel 43:20
'You shall take some of its blood and put it on its four horns and on the four corners of the ledge and on the border round about; thus you shall cleanse it and make atonement for it.

Ezekiel 43:21
'You shall also take the bull for the sin offering

Ezekiel 43:22
'On the second day you shall offer a male goat without blemish for a sin offering

Ezekiel 43:27
'When they have completed the days, it shall be that on the eighth day and onward, the priests shall offer your burnt offerings on the altar, and your peace offerings; AND I WILL ACCEPT YOU

Ezekiel 44:9
'Thus says the Lord GOD, "No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh of all the foreigners who are among the sons of Israel, shall enter My sanctuary.

Ezekiel 44:10
"But the Levites who went far from Me when Israel went astray, who went astray from Me after their idols, shall bear the punishment for their iniquity. Yet they shall be ministers in My sanctuary, having oversight at the gates of the house and ministering in the house; they shall slaughter the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people

Ezekiel 44:23
"Moreover, they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

Ezekiel 43:7
Son of man, this [stone temple] is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever.

All these offerings are the propitiatory offerings of the Mosaic Law that Jesus came to make obsolete forever. The teaching of a reinstitution of this blood sacrificial system is a rebuke against the blood of Jesus Christ, and a cause for anathema according to the apostles. A return to this system is a falling away from salvation, according to the apostles. A falling from the grace of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0