The death of the stock market- Hillaries new capital gains rules (doubling wait period)

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would love it if more companies did look after their business instead of what the stock is worth. I have known companies that took the long view, ignored the stock price and came out ahead. I have also seen companies panic about their stock price, slash their company into the bone to make it look like they had higher profits, and then tank as they couldn't keep the profits up with more cuts.

This rule change isn't going to hurt the economy at all. It will change behavior, but not as damaging as the OP thinks it will be.

again this does not have anything to do with capital gains.

capital gains tax hurt business and individual alike.

hillary's capital gains plans for example will hurt many investment managers of small firms, and also individuals who may have their brokers license through the SEC, for small funds accounts, for example managing their families retirement accounts.

anyway, I started a stock thread to talk more specifically about stock investment ideas here:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/how-to-make-6-000-000-in-10-5-years-enough-to-retire.7939802/

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the OP has a care in the world about "the economy", just his own economy.

it's an economy that I share with all who will listen.

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/how-to-make-6-000-000-in-10-5-years-enough-to-retire.7939802/

it's not hard to be a stock trader, but you need to train your mind to think differently.

there is a psychology about it.

now I am not talking day trading, those guys are the smart money, and the short traders.

I am talking being a swing trader.

thats where most investors start out.

you are only dealing with one or two technical analysis indicators, and you don't need three screens and 10-20 charts up, just one.

but again, I shared it all with you in another thread.

so please keep this thread on topic, it's about capital gains, not the economy, and not stocks.

please refer to the other thread for that.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟566,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics