W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've started to do this as of late. Whatever I do, I often find myself talking to Him, either in words or silently in my mind and heart. I'm still clumsy at it, but it's very relieving nonetheless. Gives me peace, and I get to have that kind of communion with Him, instead of thinking He's always distant. It feels like a privilege.
Yes, its not always easy, sometimes we do feel distant, but its very joyful to find ones self walking and talking to the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not every day is quite so clear and joyful however. On days like that we gotta wait on the Lord. Do not fret or worry, just wait. If we dont wait but instead allow things to get us down, we might miss out on the Joy that comes after our trials and tribulations.

• Agree
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a thought about letting light shine, and how the Lord is the light shining in the darkness. I believe we have darkness inside and must let the light of the Lord shine on it, transforming it into light, or maybe chasing away the darkness, or obliterating it, im not sure, but when the darkness comes my way, im going to shine. I will say that in faith, trusting in the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The simple. I love simplicity.

Psalm 116:5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 25

8 Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9 He guides the humble in what is right
and teaches them his way.
10 All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
11 For the sake of your name, Lord,
forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

"For the sake of your name", I love that. Only for His name's sake. Forgiveness, because the Lord is who He is.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 25

8 Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9 He guides the humble in what is right
and teaches them his way.
10 All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
11 For the sake of your name, Lord,
forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

"For the sake of your name", I love that. Only for His name's sake. Forgiveness, because the Lord is who He is.
Amen brother.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is the light of the soul. Meditating on His goodness is like walking with Him. As we meditate on Him we are looking at our path which is lit by the Lords Spirit. To me this is walking with God. Praise the Lord, He walks with this poor man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To walk in the Spirit is joyful. For me its a gift of simplicity and humility. Not that im humble but that im humbled by my utter failure. Not that God caused me to fail, just that he used it to bring about goodness in me, His goodness not mine. Its all about the Lord. :)

Upvote 0

geodub

Jan 28, 2019
Memphis
Visit site
✟16,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To walk in the Spirit is joyful. For me its a gift of simplicity and humility. Not that im humble but that im humbled by my utter failure. Not that God caused me to fail, just that he used it to bring about goodness in me, His goodness not mine. Its all about the Lord. :)

Thanks for the reminder. Getting caught up in daily life and the busy-ness of many things, I forget how humility will bring about simplicity. There's something in me that fights everyday to be busy and distracted, caught up with causes and ideas that have nothing to do with what I have been called to do.

His goodness through my failure... this is an aspect of grace I constantly need reminded of. Once again, I am thankful I have joined this forum.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the reminder. Getting caught up in daily life and the busy-ness of many things, I forget how humility will bring about simplicity. There's something in me that fights everyday to be busy and distracted, caught up with causes and ideas that have nothing to do with what I have been called to do.

His goodness through my failure... this is an aspect of grace I constantly need reminded of. Once again, I am thankful I have joined this forum.
Praise the Lord. Im glad you are here. :)

Reactions: geodub
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
God is so good. He has reinforced this in my heart again today. With His powerful and gentle hand. He's enabled me to be thankful today. I'm also thankful for you brothers and sisters, it's often a pleasure being here, seeing how you praise Him. Our Lord is a good shepherd.

• Friendly
Reactions: geodub
Upvote 0