W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have always loved this: "At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will." (and also the following verses, absolutely amazing)
:) Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This Psalm shows a simplicity in Davids heart.

Psalms 131:1 O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes [a]haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too [c]difficult for me.
2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests [d]against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child [e]within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the Lord
From this time forth and forever.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This world has so many unanswered questions and struggles as well. There is only one truth we can depend on however. I choose to meditate on Jesus, with simplicity in my heart and mind.

Well said. No matter where I stray to, and whatever the struggle is, I will always come back to simplicity. Always back to Christ. To be like a child. In the arms of love. Letting the Good Shepherd to care of everything.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well said. No matter where I stray to, and whatever the struggle is, I will always come back to simplicity. Always back to Christ. To be like a child. In the arms of love. Letting the Good Shepherd to care of everything.
Amen, thank you Tempura. What a blessing it is to have Gods Spirit, such a blessed happy thing. We have a refuge where nothing can harm us, and a comforter as well. God is good.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Amen, thank you Tempura. What a blessing it is to have Gods Spirit, such a blessed happy thing. We have a refuge where nothing can harm us, and a comforter as well. God is good.

Oh yes. It's indeed a refuge. So often when I try be to be...more religious than I should, if that makes any sense, I only find confusion, fear, and a maze in front of me. Eventually I'll just have to let God be God, trust that He is good, and be a simple man. Thank you, I needed this today.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh yes. It's indeed a refuge. So often when I try be to be...more religious than I should, if that makes any sense, I only find confusion, fear, and a maze in front of me. Eventually I'll just have to let God be God, trust that He is good, and be a simple man. Thank you, I needed this today.
Thank you. Simplicity is wonderful. :)

Matthew 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

• Agree
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And yes that makes sense. I know what you mean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. Simplicity is wonderful. :)

Matthew 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Yes! My favorite verse in the Bible, and one of the few ones I remember exactly where they are. Matthew 11 indeed. I think we all have few select verses, that are very dear to us, each individually, something we base our simple faith upon.

Lately I've been getting a lot out of Mark 9:24: Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

There's something comforting about it. He asks for more faith. He knows he doesn't quite believe enough, but he wants to. He goes straight through his own unbelief to Christ, depending on Him. Christ responds with a gracious miracle. I can do that too. I can bypass my every fear, doubt and failure, I don't have to listen to them, I can go straight to Christ and say "help my unbelief". And then, peace. I'm depending on Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes! My favorite verse in the Bible, and one of the few ones I remember exactly where they are. Matthew 11 indeed. I think we all have few select verses, that are very dear to us, each individually, something we base our simple faith upon.

Lately I've been getting a lot out of Mark 9:24: Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

There's something comforting about it. He asks for more faith. He knows he doesn't quite believe enough, but he wants to. He goes straight through his own unbelief to Christ, depending on Him. Christ responds with a gracious miracle. I can do that too. I can bypass my every fear, doubt and failure, I don't have to listen to them, I can go straight to Christ and say "help my unbelief". And then, peace. I'm depending on Christ.
Amen. That is comforting. Thank you for sharing that.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was listening to a podcast this morning (White Horse Inn), and I liked a simple statement made that I had never considered in these terms. Simple but effective to remember. While with Christian tradition there is a decent level of debate, and even a large cause of disunity in some cases, when it comes to the adherence to the traditions, levels of respect and/or knowledge of the early church, saints, creeds and traditional modes of worship, the speaker today brought up the simple point that once you become a Christian and a part of the family of Christ, this is now your family history. I liked thinking of it that way, found it a more interesting, personal way of looking at it.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was listening to a podcast this morning (White Horse Inn), and I liked a simple statement made that I had never considered in these terms. Simple but effective to remember. While with Christian tradition there is a decent level of debate, and even a large cause of disunity in some cases, when it comes to the adherence to the traditions, levels of respect and/or knowledge of the early church, saints, creeds and traditional modes of worship, the speaker today brought up the simple point that once you become a Christian and a part of the family of Christ, this is now your family history. I liked thinking of it that way, found it a more interesting, personal way of looking at it.
Thank you for the reply. :)

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I want to shine the light of Love and mercy.

I'm getting more and more assured that He enables us to do that. Whoever has a heart that wants these things, they will receive and it's God who gives it, and they will get plenty of opportunities to shine that light, to be merciful, compassionate and helpful.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm getting more and more assured that He enables us to do that. Whoever has a heart that wants these things, they will receive and it's God who gives it, and they will get plenty of opportunities to shine that light, to be merciful, compassionate and helpful.
Yes, amen. We gotta let the light shine into the darkness.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I like to walk with the Lord, talking to Him during my day. :)

I've started to do this as of late. Whatever I do, I often find myself talking to Him, either in words or silently in my mind and heart. I'm still clumsy at it, but it's very relieving nonetheless. Gives me peace, and I get to have that kind of communion with Him, instead of thinking He's always distant. It feels like a privilege.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0