The Cyrus Challenge Experiment proposed....

Will you attempt the Cyrus challenge / experiment / prayer?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I will consider it.... it could be worth a try???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How on earth can she push and pull the bone in her upper arm, like a teleskope?

Reminds me of Pharaos daughter,
when spotting Moses in a little reedboat.

She reached out to him but her arms were too short so she sent her maidservants to fetch him.

"No" mean some, a miracle made her arms grow longer so she could reach him herself.

There may be a lesson in that,

If nothing else whatever in the world is happening in that
video may give us a better idea of what Moses was up against in
Exodus 7 ?????

10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so, as Jehovah had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

11 Then Pharaoh also called for the wise men and the sorcerers: and they also, the magicians of Egypt, did in like manner with their enchantments.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This might impress you somewhat?????

Extreme worship can have spectacular results....

In 1975 I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I had a lot of
pain for six or seven years and then at a Messianic Gentile Festival of
Tabernacles my girlfriend at the time talked me into being anointed and prayed
for by two pastors and several months later I noticed that I was pain free.

I worked at forestry for about fifteen years after that and even in very cold and
wet weather.... .the arthritis never came back!

I know that what in in this video still indeed does happen:

James 5

5:14 "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."

So? People have claimed amazing healing has been accomplished through all sorts of means. Prayer, crystals, homeopathy, psychic surgery, aura manipulation, all sorts of stuff. There's no scientific evidence that any of these things are effective in promoting healing. How many people went to the same place you did, were anointed and prayed for with equal fervour, and had no healing experience at all? Your anecdote is not evidence.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So? People have claimed amazing healing has been accomplished through all sorts of means. Prayer, crystals, homeopathy, psychic surgery, aura manipulation, all sorts of stuff. There's no scientific evidence that any of these things are effective in promoting healing. How many people went to the same place you did, were anointed and prayed for with equal fervour, and had no healing experience at all? Your anecdote is not evidence.

You might find this account somewhat impressive.... Dean Braxton flatlined for one hour and forty five minutes.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
DennisTate said:
Yes.... this does sound kind of funny.... but what am I supposed to think when I start making unusual connections between problems like stabilization of the climate.......... with assisting the Jewish community to fulfill Ezekiel chapters 40 to forty eight?????
Thought of the day: An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded.
Hmmm, nice analogy
Lot better than a closed or blinded mind.

2Co 3:14
but their minds were hardened, for unto this day the same veil at the reading of the Old Covenant doth remain unwithdrawn -- which in Christ is being made useless --
2Co 4:4
in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;
======================
Also to be of one and the same mind:

1Pe 3:8
And finally, being all of one mind, having fellow-feeling, loving as brethren, compassionate, courteous,

Rev 17:13
these have one mind, and their own power and authority to the beast they shall give over;
Rev 17:17
for God did give into their hearts to do its mind, and to make one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast till the sayings of God may be complete

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hmmm, nice analogy
Lot better than a closed or blinded mind.

2Co 3:14
but their minds were hardened, for unto this day the same veil at the reading of the Old Covenant doth remain unwithdrawn -- which in Christ is being made useless --
2Co 4:4
in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;
======================
Also to be of one and the same mind:

1Pe 3:8
And finally, being all of one mind, having fellow-feeling, loving as brethren, compassionate, courteous,

Rev 17:13
these have one mind, and their own power and authority to the beast they shall give over;
Rev 17:17
for God did give into their hearts to do its mind, and to make one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast till the sayings of God may be complete

I think that it is intriguing that bureaucrats are attempting to promote a legalistic and bureaucratic method to stabilization of the climate whereas one of the best ones that I read so far fits extremely well with Isaiah 35

Global Warming II by Carl Cantrell

“So how is our problem of continental drying causing global warming? It all has to do with vegetation and sunlight. When sun light hits a plant, it causes a process which we call photosynthesis where the energy from the sun light creates oxygen for us to breath, water for us to drink, and is stored as sugar for plants and animals to use. When the same sun light hits the soil, all of its energy turns into heat and is radiated back into the atmosphere, carried away by running surface water such as rain fall, is carried away to other areas by our winds, and diffuses down into the soil towards the earth's crust. All of this warms our planet increasing its average temperature.”

“Therefore, the less vegetation you have on the planet, the more sunlight is being turned into heat and the warmer the planet becomes. This is very critical because warmer and dryer winds dry out other land areas faster decreasing the vegetation on those land areas. Less humidity in the air also reflects less sun light back out into space so that more sun light strikes the earth and more heat is generated….”

“The truth is that you can do more to decrease global warming by just reducing the average temperature for the Sahara Desert by one or two degrees than if we humans completely quit using fossil fuels and returned to the cave….”

“So, how would you start working to resolve this problem? Easy, cool the deserts and get some vegetation growing on them as soon as possible. But the method is much more complex than that. You have to use the prevailing trade winds in relation to the deserts to get the best results as quickly as possible and it will be extremely expensive….”

“Then we build desalination plants along the coast near these water sheds and pipe water to the tops or ridges of the water sheds…”

“This will do a number of things. First, it will increase the moisture in the desert soil so that it will develop water tables and water will begin to run in the streams. This water will increase the amount of vegetation in the area and decrease the amount of heat being generated by sun light cooling the watered area and all areas down wind of the watered area. As more available water evaporates, it will cool the air and reflect more sun light back out into space cooling the area even more. Cooler and more humid air will have less of a heating effect on areas down wind and will reflect more sun light back into space in those areas cooling areas we won't be watering yet. Cooler and more humid air will also have less of a warming effect on our seas and oceans.”

“Rain water running off of cooler soil will decrease the heating effect on our oceans and our planet crusts which will decrease catastrophic storm activities for other areas and seismic activity for the entire planet. Also, returning more ocean water to the surface and aquifers of our continents will lower the sea levels providing more usable land for us to farm and build on.”

“With cooler desert areas and increasing vegetation, less water will evaporate from our deserts increasing the amount of surface water even more and increasing the amount of vegetation and animal life by huge amounts because deserts currently take up more than 20% of our land surface. Populations will be able to spread out and there will be less competition for existing land areas.”

“This strategy has to be done in steps with the first step being to begin slowing the rate at which our global warming is increasing. We need to focus on that until we have brought it to a point to where the temperature is not increasing any more and is reasonably stable. While we are doing this, we need to come to a global consensus of just how cool we want to cool our planet down to. If we cool it down too much, we will begin to have devastatingly harsh winters in large populated areas and even cause an ice age to set in.”

“Then we begin cooling the planet down to a point which will be most beneficial for all countries or the planet as a whole. We need to gradually bring the temperature down because there may be a lag effect in which the planet will continue cooling after we stop increasing our efforts to cool it off more. We may even want to stop cooling the planet once or twice before we reach our targeted temperatures to see if there is a lag effect…”

“We need to start working on this as soon as possible because, if the planet reaches a point to where it is warming faster than our technology can possibly stop or reverse this warming trend, then our planet is lost and all life will cease to exist on this planet within a relatively short period of time. We will need to start with the largest and hottest deserts because cooling them will have the greatest benefit in the least time. (Global Warming II by biologist Carl Cantrell).”

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You might find this account somewhat impressive.... Dean Braxton flatlined for one hour and forty five minutes.

I got better things to do than watch a 40 minute video looking for the bit that you think proves God is responsible for him being alive. Now, if you care to give me a time reference I can check out, I'll do it, but I'm not going to waste 40 minutes.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I got better things to do than watch a 40 minute video looking for the bit that you think proves God is responsible for him being alive. Now, if you care to give me a time reference I can check out, I'll do it, but I'm not going to waste 40 minutes.

The first five or six minutes of this video were produced by CBN after about five years of research.

This is the part that is most relevant for your purposes. CBN did not want to get themselves involved in another possible case that might turn out to be like the book written by Kevin and Alex Malarkey. (For the record..... Alex's mom, Kevin's ex-wife.... saw Kevin making money off the book and she seems to have called in several pastors with a firm belief in the Soul Sleep idea. Those pastors were able to convince Alex that if he did not recant his story he would be blaspheming against the Bible..... so he recanted.... and Alex's mom was able to put a stop to Kevin Malarkey making money off a book and even a proposed movie deal).

If you are curious what Soul Sleep means here is a one paragraph summary from an unusual perspective...... that of a near death experiencer who was shown some deceased people in a strange state in the afterlife due to their firm but incorrect beliefs regarding how the Jewish and Christian Bible should be understood.

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience
c. His Experience of the "Receiving Station"

Jesus then takes Ritchie to another realm and is shown a kind of "receiving station" where spirits would arrive in a deep hypnotic sleep because of a particular religious belief they held to be true. Here there were "angels" trying to arouse them and help them realize, "God is truly a God of the living and that they did not have to lie around sleeping until Gabriel or someone came along blowing on a horn." These are the spirits of people who believe they must sleep in their grave until the second coming of Christ (i.e., soul sleep.)

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The first five or six minutes of this video were produced by CBN after about five years of research.

To tell a story and get the guy in to have a talk about it took five years of research?

This is the part that is most relevant for your purposes.

And it proves nothing. Scientists have been able to cause the same exact thing in people without any risk of death. What he experienced can be perfectly well explained without the need for anything supernatural.

CBN did not want to get themselves involved in another possible case that might turn out to be like the book written by Kevin and Alex Malarkey. (For the record..... Alex's mom, Kevin's ex-wife.... saw Kevin making money off the book and she seems to have called in several pastors with a firm belief in the Soul Sleep idea. Those pastors were able to convince Alex that if he did not recant his story he would be blaspheming against the Bible..... so he recanted.... and Alex's mom was able to put a stop to Kevin Malarkey making money off a book and even a proposed movie deal).

I love this. Believe him when he says something you want to believe. But the moment he says something you DON'T want to believe, you start coming up with excuses and/or grabbing onto excuses offered by others why you shouldn't believe the recantation.

If you are curious what Soul Sleep means here is a one paragraph summary from an unusual perspective...... that of a near death experiencer who was shown some deceased people in a strange state in the afterlife due to their firm but incorrect beliefs regarding how the Jewish and Christian Bible should be understood.

Dr. George Ritchie's Near-Death Experience

Or how about it's all a hallucination that people experience as the body starts to shut down? A hallucination coloured by the culture in which they lived?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To tell a story and get the guy in to have a talk about it took five years of research?

And it proves nothing. Scientists have been able to cause the same exact thing in people without any risk of death. What he experienced can be perfectly well explained without the need for anything supernatural.

I love this. Believe him when he says something you want to believe. But the moment he says something you DON'T want to believe, you start coming up with excuses and/or grabbing onto excuses offered by others why you shouldn't believe the recantation.

Or how about it's all a hallucination that people experience as the body starts to shut down? A hallucination coloured by the culture in which they lived?

Yes.... CBN researched the specifics on the flatlining of Dean Braxton for five years as well as listened to his sermons to see that he was basically in line with their beliefs.

But... even jet fighter pilot trainees who experience something like a near death experience while in G-force devices...... they have the same type of life transformations that near death experiencers have. My point is that this literature is some of the most profoundly encouraging material available to anybody at this time and....... I believe that it is true and gives a glimpse of invisible higher dimensions of space - time.

In order for this to be merely a halucination that would mean that the first intelligence / Intelligence began in four dimensional space - time less than four billion years ago and considering the nature of fundamental energy I find that impossible to believe.

Wave Theory and Gender: Why Sex
"Pulling and gravitation, which resemble basic feminine traits, are the dominant properties of the magnetic loop. Consequently, magnetic loops have a capacity for storing energy and act to maintain the structural integrity of the entire wave formation. The electronic/energetic loop consists of expanding properties that disperse energetic matter that “disappears” into space. This is synonymous with masculine characteristics." (Dr. Chaim Tejman)

Grand Unified Theory: Wave Theory and Life
"The essential matter from which our universe is created is energetic matter. It behaves like living matter, creating every known entity, including living objects and even thought (which occurs through energetic matter–wave interaction). The essential structure of energetic matter is high-energy (concentrated energetic matter) electro-magnetic waves (picture above). This simple structure is the basis of everything: every energetic formation and the universe. In picture 2, we see that the DNA (double helix) of all living formations has the same structure as waves: two loops of the same energetic matter, behaving according to the same rules." (Dr. Chaim Tejman)

The Fundamental Force
"The swirling and spinning motion creates circular formations. To finish
constructing the wave, the energetic matter must complete two semi-circular rounds. The figures are executed perpendicular to each other, and their energetic paths are in a state of superposition. The closed formation allows the energetic matter to move along closed energetic paths and maintain its energetic matter. It creates two internal swirls (vortices), which are neither identical nor symmetrical. In other words, the same type of energetic matter that moves along a common path that is shared by both swirls within a particular wave formation. Nevertheless, the swirls do not contain equal amounts of energy even in units with the same amount of space." (Dr. Chaim Tejman)

All of that.. leads to this being more logical than what textbooks are teaching so far:

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

At this point of my near-death experience, I found myself in a profound stillness, beyond all silence. I could see or perceive FOREVER, beyond Infinity. I was in the Void.

I was in pre creation, before the Big Bang. I had crossed over the beginning of time / the First Word / the First vibration. I was in the Eye of Creation. I felt as if I was touching the Face of God. It was not a religious feeling. Simply, I was at one with Absolute Life and Consciousness. When I say that I could see or perceive forever, I mean that I could experience all of creation generating itself. It was without beginning and without end. That’s a mind-expanding thought, isn’t it? Scientists perceive the Big Bang as a single event that created the Universe. I saw during my life after death experience that the Big Bang is only one of an infinite number of Big Bangs creating Universes endlessly and simultaneously. The only images that even come close in human terms would be those created by super computers using fractal geometry equations

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes.... CBN researched the specifics on the flatlining of Dean Braxton for five years as well as listened to his sermons to see that he was basically in line with their beliefs.

So it took five years to decide that what he said lined up with what they wanted to believe?

But... even jet fighter pilot trainees who experience something like a near death experience while in G-force devices...... they have the same type of life transformations that near death experiencers have. My point is that this literature is some of the most profoundly encouraging material available to anybody at this time and....... I believe that it is true and gives a glimpse of invisible higher dimensions of space - time.

Sounds like the big thing they all have in common is oxygen deprivation to the brain. How have you determined that what's going on isn't related to oxygen deprivation and is instead related to some invisible higher dimensions?

In order for this to be merely a halucination that would mean that the first intelligence / Intelligence began in four dimensional space - time less than four billion years ago and considering the nature of fundamental energy I find that impossible to believe.

What in the world are you talking about?

Wave Theory and Gender: Why Sex

Gravitation and pulling is feminine? How in the world does that work? Considering what I had to do when I gave birth, I'd have thought that it's more feminine to push!

Grand Unified Theory: Wave Theory and Life

I don't see how DNA acts like a wave. Care to point out how two strands of DNA can destructively interfere with each other and both vanish?

The Fundamental Force

This is all meaningless double talk. New age science-y slogans that are meant to sound impressive but ultimately mean nothing. Just a bunch of technobabble.

All of that.. leads to this being more logical than what textbooks are teaching so far:

And here we have another hallucination account, and you've done absolutely nothing to show that this is anything more than oxygen deprivation and the other things that happen as the brain begins to shut down.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So it took five years to decide that what he said lined up with what they wanted to believe?

Sounds like the big thing they all have in common is oxygen deprivation to the brain. How have you determined that what's going on isn't related to oxygen deprivation and is instead related to some invisible higher dimensions?

Gravitation and pulling is feminine? How in the world does that work? Considering what I had to do when I gave birth, I'd have thought that it's more feminine to push!

I don't see how DNA acts like a wave. Care to point out how two strands of DNA can destructively interfere with each other and both vanish?

This is all meaningless double talk. New age science-y slogans that are meant to sound impressive but ultimately mean nothing. Just a bunch of technobabble.

And here we have another hallucination account, and you've done absolutely nothing to show that this is anything more than oxygen deprivation and the other things that happen as the brain begins to shut down.

The day might come when your child or children may need some encouragement and this may help?

The Future and the Near-Death Experience

7. Prophecies of a golden age of peace and enlightenment

blue_dot.gif
Prophecies from such sources as NDEs, the Bible, the Dead Sea Scrolls, Nostradamus, and psychic phenomena, all agree that a new era of peace on earth will come after the foreseen natural disasters purify the earth from the sins of modern civilization. The following information are some of the positive prophecies of the future that are foreseen to occur after the catastrophic prophecies take place.

blue_dot.gif
The following prophecies of a future "Golden Age" were given to Howard Storm during his NDE:

1. No nuclear holocaust will occur (but possibly 1 or 2 bombs go off).
2. There will be almost no technology in the future.
3. Children to be the most precious commodity in the world.
4. Raising children is will be the highest priority.
5. A euphoric future with no anxiety, no hatred, no competition, enormous trust and mutual respect.
6. Love and prayer will become a stronger force on earth.
7. People will garden more in the future with almost no effort.
8. Gardens will grow by the power of prayer.
9. Groups of people praying together will be able to control the climate.
10. Animals will live in harmony with people.
11. Wisdom will be more important than knowledge.
12. All knowledge can be accessed through prayer.
13. People will be able to communicate telepathically with everyone else in the world.
14. There will be greater insight into life after death.
15. It will be like the Garden of Eden.
16. God will usher the paradise on earth within the next 200 years.
17. For paradise to come, God will have to restrict some of humanity's free will.
18. This world will resemble some near-death descriptions of heaven.
19. Travel will be instantaneous.
20. The need for clothing and shelter will be eliminated.

blue_dot.gif
Howard Storm was also given an important message from the Beings of Light concerning the future of humanity:

"They want every person to consider every other person greater than their own flesh. They want everyone to love everyone else, completely; more, even, than they love themselves. If someone, someplace else in the world hurts, than we should hurt we should feel their pain. And we should help them. Our planet has evolved to the point, for the first time in our history, that we have the power to do that. We are globally linked. And we could become one people." (Howard Storm)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

And just in case your child loses a beloved pet you may find this useful?

Near-Death Experiences with Pets

By Kevin R. Williams, B.Sc.

animal_heaven.jpg
According to many near-death sources, animals have souls and go to heaven just as human beings do. Within this section of the site, you can read the testimonies of people who had an NDE and were reunited with their deceased pets. Here you can discover some amazing facts about your pet and animals in general. After reading these testimonies, you will never look upon your pets or animals in the same way. These testimonies describe animals as having a heaven of their own of which humans are allowed to visit. According to NDE researcher and experiencer P.M.H. Atwater, "Both adults and children occasionally report being greeted on the Other Side by animals, especially if favored pets have previously died. But it is the children who describe an animal heaven, some even insisting that they must go through it before they can reach the heaven where people are. Adult cases can be equally compelling." Communication with our deceased pets on the Other Side is by means of mental telepathy. For Christians who are skeptical about animals in heaven, look no further than the Book of Revelation. Revelation 4:6-11 describes "four living creatures" immediately surrounding the very Throne of God. In Revelation 5:6-8, Jesus is described as turning into a lamb. Revelation 5:11-14 describes a time when animals are resurrected from the dead and enter heaven. Many ancient religions around the world even hold animals to be divine beings. Science has also given us a new perspective of the animal kingdom. Evolution reveals how the physical component of our bodies descended from animals. NDE research reveals how the spiritual component of our bodies descended from the heavens eons ago. The following NDEs involve people being reunited with their beloved deceased pets in heaven.

NDEs with Deceased Pets Index
1. Jan Price and her Springer "Maggi" 4. Grace and her German Shepherd "Lucky"
2. Lynn and her Collie "Mimi" and Boxer "Sam" 5. Susan and all the Pets she had as a Child

Or if you prefer video, Jan Price met her previously deceased dog during her brush with death:

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The day might come when your child or children may need some encouragement and this may help?

The Future and the Near-Death Experience

What are you talking about? Are you suggesting that I tell my daughter that something that has a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation is actually supernatural in order to comfort her? How exactly is she meant to be comforted by telling her something that can't be verified?

And then you go on about prophecies? All you've presented are fairy tales.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And just in case your child loses a beloved pet you may find this useful?

Or if you prefer video, Jan Price met her previously deceased dog during her brush with death:

So once again, you ask me to dismiss rationality in favour of a pleasant story.

I prefer the truth, thanks. If you can demonstrate that what you are talking about IS the truth, then do so. Until then, all you have is a story that is better explained by science than the supernatural.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What are you talking about? Are you suggesting that I tell my daughter that something that has a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation is actually supernatural in order to comfort her? How exactly is she meant to be comforted by telling her something that can't be verified?

And then you go on about prophecies? All you've presented are fairy tales.

Young children need some hope regarding the next five to ten decades and the near death experience account combined with many similar statements in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets are comforting to kids who are really worried that we have set in motion the destruction of this earth.

Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

Because of my fear of a nuclear holocaust I asked if there was going to be a nuclear war in the world, and they said no. That astonished me, and I gave them this extensive explanation of how I had lived under the threat of nuclear war. That was one of the reasons I was who I was. I figured, when I was in this life, that it was all sort of hopeless; the world was going to blow up anyway, and nothing made much sense. In that context I felt I could do what I wanted, since nothing mattered.

They said, "No, there isn't going to be any nuclear war."

I asked if they were absolutely sure there wasn't going to be nuclear war. They reassured me again, and I asked them how they could be so sure.

Their response was: "God loves the world." They told me that at the most, one or two nuclear weapons might go off accidentally, if they weren't destroyed, but there wouldn't be a nuclear war.

I then asked them how come there had been so many wars. They said that they allowed those few to happen, out of all the wars that humanity tried to start. Out of all the wars that humans tried to create, they allowed a few, to bring people to their senses and to stop them.

Science, technology, and other benefits, they told me, had been gifts bestowed on humanity by them - through inspiration. People had literally been led to those discoveries, many of which had later been perverted by humanity to use for its own destruction.

We could do too much damage to the planet. And by the planet, they meant all of God's creation. Not just the people, but the animals, the trees, the birds, the insects, everything.

They explained to me that their concern was for all the people of the world. They weren't interested in one group getting ahead of other groups. They want every person to consider every other person greater than their own flesh. They want everyone to love everyone else, completely; more, even, than they love themselves. If someone, someplace else in the world hurts, than we should hurt we should feel their pain. And we should help them. Our planet has evolved to the point, for the first time in our history, that we have the power to do that. We are globally linked. And we could become one people.

The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

People, in this best of all worlds, weren't interested in knowledge; they were interested in wisdom. This was because they were in a position where anything they needed to know, in the knowledge category, they could receive simply through prayer. Everything, to them, was solvable. They could do anything they wanted to do.

I think that what he was shown fits perfectly with Isaiah 11

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I prefer the truth, thanks. If you can demonstrate that what you are talking about IS the truth, then do so. Until then, all you have is a story that is better explained by science than the supernatural.

Personally I believe that our pets have a soul and survive death much as we humans do.

I think that String Theory fits with all of these accounts.

www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Here is one of the most encouraging glimpses of a positive future that I have read anywhere in my sixty years.

I went over to the other side during my near-death experience with a lot of fears about toxic waste, nuclear missiles, the population explosion, the rainforest. I came back loving every single problem. I love nuclear waste. I love the mushroom cloud; this is the holiest mandala that we have manifested to date, as an archetype. It, more than any religion or philosophy on earth, brought us together all of a sudden, to a new level of consciousness. Knowing that maybe we can blow up the planet fifty times, or 500 times, we finally realize that maybe we are all here together now. For a period they had to keep setting off more bombs to get it in to us. Then we started saying, "we do not need this any more." Now we are actally in a safer world than we have ever been in, and it is going to get safer. So I came back from my near-death experience loving toxic waste, because it brought us together. These things are so big. As Peter Russell might say, these problems are now "soul size." Do we have soul size answers, YES!

The clearing of the rain forest will slow down, and in fifty years there will be more trees on the planet than in a long time. If you are into ecology, go for it; you are that part of the system that is becoming aware. Go for it with all your might, but do not be depressed. It is part of a larger thing. Earth is in the process of domesticating itself. It is never again going to be as wild a place as it once was. There will be great wild places, reserves where nature thrives. Gardening and reserves will be the thing in the future. Population increase is getting very close to the optimal range of energy to cause a shift in consciousness. That shift in consciousness will change politics, money, energy.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Personally I believe that our pets have a soul and survive death much as we humans do.

I think that String Theory fits with all of these accounts.

www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

First, I get a warning when I click that link.

Secondly, what specific part of the idea that subatomic particles are one dimensional strings instead of zero dimensional points suggests the supernatural to you?

• Useful
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟294,039.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here is one of the most encouraging glimpses of a positive future that I have read anywhere in my sixty years.

So it's right because it's encouraging?

Sorry, dude, that don't make something right. If things were right because they made us feel good, I'd be a millionaire, because it would make me feel good to have that much money.

• Useful
Upvote 0