The Crucifixion and Ice Cream. Inside Orlando's most unusual theme park..............

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Inside Orlando's most unusual theme park, the Holy Land Experience.

Amid cell phones ringing, video cams rolling and ice cream melting under the Florida sun, a blood-spattered Jesus stumbles through the crowd on his way to Golgotha, where nasty Roman soldiers strip him, nail him to the cross and crucify him—while perspiring tourists look on in Bermuda shorts. After the resurrection sequence, visitors applaud and line up for a photo op, not with Mickey or Minnie, but a disciple or bloody-handed yet friendly centurion. Welcome to Orlando's most unusual theme park, the Holy Land Experience.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/138347

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Inside Orlando's most unusual theme park, the Holy Land Experience.

Amid cell phones ringing, video cams rolling and ice cream melting under the Florida sun, a blood-spattered Jesus stumbles through the crowd on his way to Golgotha, where nasty Roman soldiers strip him, nail him to the cross and crucify him—while perspiring tourists look on in Bermuda shorts. After the resurrection sequence, visitors applaud and line up for a photo op, not with Mickey or Minnie, but a disciple or bloody-handed yet friendly centurion. Welcome to Orlando's most unusual theme park, the Holy Land Experience.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/138347

And people think Georgia is backwards. :doh:

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Lynden1000

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Orlando, Florida
✟3,628.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And people think Georgia is backwards. :doh:

We're not backwards; we just know how to effectively exploit tourons for their tax dollars.

I have to say I like the Holy Land theme park, not because I've ever been to it but because every time tourists come and plop down lots of dollars, those of us who live here get lots of yummy tax-funded perks.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
UGH! Not only is it owned by those TBN crooks, but it's basically, as other members here have pointed out, a money-grubbing "Jesus theme park".

Aren't these the same type of people as the moneychangers who Jesus threw out of the temple?
Ringo

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We're not backwards; we just know how to effectively exploit tourons for their tax dollars.

I have to say I like the Holy Land theme park, not because I've ever been to it but because every time tourists come and plop down lots of dollars, those of us who live here get lots of yummy tax-funded perks.

What perks? I live here in Orlando too, in fact I am a third gen. Florida native and I have to say I liked Florida a lot better before Disney and the tourist moved in.

Upvote 0